+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SoulshadowDK

Thread: Change deserter debuff

Soulwalker

Default Change deserter debuff

Yet another rant about RoTD and the deserter debuff.

I've done RoTD successfully and repeatedly on 4 of my characters. There are PuGs that know how to do this dungeon and those that don't, unfortunately. The last time I was in this dungeon we had spent almost an hour attempting to down one of the bosses. Ultimately we wound up exiting the dungeon. Cue the incoming-yet-ridiculously unnecessary deserter debuff.

I'm sure that the deserter debuff serves some purpose, although at this time the point of this escapes me. I would like to offer a suggestion that the game take into account the amount of time that's spent in the dungeon and apply that to the deserter debuff so that I don't have to waste time waiting to queue up for another dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Adaemeneten View Post
    Yet another rant about RoTD and the deserter debuff.

I've done RoTD successfully and repeatedly on 4 of my characters. There are PuGs that know how to do this dungeon and those that don't, unfortunately. The last time I was in this dungeon we had spent almost an hour attempting to down one of the bosses. Ultimately we wound up exiting the dungeon. Cue the incoming-yet-ridiculously unnecessary deserter debuff.

I'm sure that the deserter debuff serves some purpose, although at this time the point of this escapes me. I would like to offer a suggestion that the game take into account the amount of time that's spent in the dungeon and apply that to the deserter debuff so that I don't have to waste time waiting to queue up for another dungeon.
    There is a super easy way to leave the dungeon without the debuff if no one wants to complete it....

/raid_disband

When the leader types that, the group gets disbanded, and no one gets a debuff. If the leader doesn't want to do it, or leaves, just have the new leader do it, or wait until everyone leaves and your the leader and do it yourself.
    Last edited by SoulshadowDK; 12-11-2013 at 07:09 AM.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Telaran

Simply wait the 7 or 8 minute lfg queue and requeue.

+ Reply to Thread