+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More news mounts with abilities

Soulwalker

Default More news mounts with abilities

I do not want Rift to be called plagiarize, but I would love for Rift to have more hovering in mid-air mounts like hovering board in the game (The Fusion Online), or magical flying shoes and angle or demon flying wings in game (Mu online) or even magical witch boom f. Also recommended the design of the hovering board to be similar to the japan animate (cartoon) Dog Day season 2, episode 1. I really like the hovering board the main character riding it.

As for the special abilities feature, the mount can let player hovering above the ground for a few minutes and not being attack by the monster below them. Of course this ability is nullify when the player is in a dungeon, being attack by another, or having a pvp mode.

Another feature for the new mount is the Booster. The booster let the player will let the user quickly increasing the speed while riding the mount for a few second just like others racing games.

Another special restriction that may encourage player to continue play the game Rift is by slowly increase the amount of time for the mount to hovering on the air and increase distance jump of the booster as the player Lv are higher. By setting the increase the time and distance every 5 Lv, the player incentive to play more may increase.

Soulwalker

Let me add to this: It'd be cool if each mount had their own special ability. For example:

Spider/Hellbug: ability to climb steep hills, walls, possibly stick to the ceiling in buildings
    Crocnard: what else - SWIM!
    Ash Strider/Murdantix: traverse lava

etc

Rift Disciple

Default Agree with the main idea

Quote Originally Posted by Adaemeneten View Post
    Let me add to this: It'd be cool if each mount had their own special ability. For example:

Spider/Hellbug: ability to climb steep hills, walls, possibly stick to the ceiling in buildings
    Crocnard: what else - SWIM!
    Ash Strider/Murdantix: traverse lava

etc
    I agree, so many mounts in MMORPGs but most of them do the same, RIFTs needs to dismark of the rest on more things, like mounts
    Maybe some mounts can give buffs, to restore very little amounts of health or to be invulnerable for a few seconds. And why not add to some mounts some pvp abilities, like that if u attack a player from a mount (of course u gonna be dismounted when ur attack begin) gives u a bonus in the attack power, or gives u a little resistence for a few seconds
    All this buffs and efects from mounts must be very little, 5% or less from existing buffs and benefits

And we must not forget about emotes at mounting that i think RIFT doesnt have yet

+ Reply to Thread