+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No PvP crafted gear

Shadowlander

Default No PvP crafted gear

Why isn't there the ability to make an inferior PvP armor set to the Favor purchased gear? Getting my butt handed to me every single warfront doesn't make me want to PvP or buy the gear with real money. In fact quite the opposite.

Getting two shotted is not PvP. It's sure not fun. Having a rogue come up and open on you and die before you can do anything.... totally frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Yieki View Post
    Why isn't there the ability to make an inferior PvP armor set to the Favor purchased gear? Getting my butt handed to me every single warfront doesn't make me want to PvP or buy the gear with real money. In fact quite the opposite.

Getting two shotted is not PvP. It's sure not fun. Having a rogue come up and open on you and die before you can do anything.... totally frustrating.
    Welcome to rift PvP. Cash shop or 400hrs your choice.

Actually trion will one up you here.

If you do *not* have pvp armor/items equipped in the slot, however *do* have something equipped in that slot (PvE armor) You are *bolstered* to a tier of gear that is *marginally* lower then the starting pvp set.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

What level are you? If you open the shop you can buy PvP gear with favour in lower levels as well as max level.
    You don't have to spend one cent, so I don't understand why you'd even talk about buying the gear with real money.

At level 60 you're bolstered to the starter set. If you're dying every time you set foot in a warfront, have a look at your spec, maybe it needs some tweaking for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Get your tissues and self-confidence books ebabies. The crying has just begun.

Why isn't there the ability to make an inferior PvP armor set to the Favor purchased gear?
    Bolstering is why.

If you enter a warfront wearing PvE gear, the game bolsters it so that it becomes the equivalent of the lowest rank of PvP armour which is available purely for favour. That means if you go into a warfront entirely in PvE gear you'll currently be automatically bolstered to the equivalent of un-runed Freelancer gear, with all of the pertinent valor / vengeance stats they would confer upon you. This bolstering effect is intended to give you a fighting chance, until you can buy some actual Freelancer gear with favour and rune it up.

If you're still losing despite the bolstering, you should consider the possibility that you may need to have an actual PvP spec for warfronts and/or stop being bad.

+ Reply to Thread