+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xXaidenXx

Thread: RP-PvP Shards

Soulwalker

Default RP-PvP Shards

I don't know why RIFT does not have a roleplay player verses player shard....i feel that it should and be enforced by GMs if RP shards are not already....i quit my RP shard because i could not kill a guardian in world i also suggest more realistic stuff added to RP shard such as food, water, fall damage, over eating, over drinking, sleep, item duribilty.....yea these things would probably take alot of time to create but it would be for the better making the game for RP / RP-PvP shards better....id even quit my shard i'm on to join that shard.
    Last edited by xXaidenXx; 12-04-2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: RP-PvP Shards + Realism

Create a role playing guild on Seastone?

Oddly enough the first shard I joined on EQ2 was a RP-PvP server. (RIP Darathar)
    Then it was merged with another PvP server, then another ... and then there was one.

PvP shards aren't as popular as PvE shards now in any game, IN MY OPINION. I blame the introduction of warfronts in games for that, and I still don't class warfronts as 'real' PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Get your tissues and self-confidence books ebabies. The crying has just begun.

Soulwalker

HAHAHA i hate warfronts i hate anything that isnt "open world" capture the flag and base protecting is nice keep warfronts but there needs to be something that realy encourages world PvP acheivements are not enough to encourage world PvP i feel like its up to the players to encourage world PvP by raiding low lvl areas to force out higher lvls....Trion should make something like my Bounty Hunting suggestion to realy encourage world PvP.

Warfronts killed open world PvP. I don't care what anyone says!

There's no incentive to PvP open world in Rift with the exception of the daily quests. You should be able to gear up in PvP gear, on a PvP shard, without ever hitting a warfront.

I remember we'd roll raids and launch an attack on Freeport lolz, those were the days. I'm past all that these days, the only role playing I do now, is that of a corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Get your tissues and self-confidence books ebabies. The crying has just begun.

Soulwalker

yea....i beleive while i was watching a Trion video of RIFT they said "the best gear can be found in-game not off the rift store" does closed in warfronts realy feel like in-game playing? yea people can come and go...go at a cost...i know i dont feel like buying off the RIFT store feels like in-game gear even from the venders who use the same gear....i have never done PvP raid rifts.....idk how they are....do they encourage world PvP? can u get PvP gear from them? is there even PvP relic gear? yea u can get favor by destroying wardstones but is that realy enough favor to buy gear PvP gear? i am thinking of ways to try and give duggestions to improve the game i like RIFT because its in world RAID bosses felt so awesome and the rift events felt random there needs to be more AI to the game....wich is something i will be going to collage for computer science....i know like nothing of it right now...wich is bad but i will learn it and try t help improve games yea someone else is probably already working on this....i dont keep up with the world Cx

Quote Originally Posted by xXaidenXx View Post
    I don't know why RIFT does not have a roleplay player verses player shard....
    History: They used to.

Some of the PvPers decided that it would be a fun kind of PvP to find and harass RPers, and systematically tracked down any RP they could find and harassed the people. This occurred during the time when the GMs did not do anything about harassment complaints, basically ever, and it ended up making the RPers all leave, so the shards got killed.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread