+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Guidinglite

Thread: Mount Abilities Suggestion

Soulwalker

Default Mount Abilities Suggestion

I couldn't find anyone suggest this yet but might have been already but here is an idea for the mounts. Give certain mounts special abilities that other mounts can not do. Here are some ideas:

Reaper Mount - Usable during soul walk, so when you are dead you can ride to your body and resurrect quicker.

Crocnard Mounts - Usable in the water, allows you to use this mount when in water areas.

Squirrel Mounts - Jumps higher than any other mount, allows you to get to those harder to reach areas.

Ursin Mounts - Harder to knock a player off the mount, takes more damage to remove the player off the mount.

Arachne Mounts - Throws a web or venom at an enemy/player but has a cooldown for that use.

I could go on and on for abilities and I'm sure they would be even better suited ones. These are just ideas on the fact that maybe giving mounts these abilities, or being able to upgrade your mount to have these abilities is something too look into.
    Last edited by Scruffin; 12-03-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Rift Master

You're going to give pvpers nightmares with these visions.

Soulwalker

I'm sure it could be done without hurting the PvPers. You could have a bunch of useful PvP mounts and could be used in your rotation or at least your starting rotation. It also might help the open world PvP a little bit.

I don't know a lot of MMOs but based on the very few I know this would make Rift unique compared to other MMOs if they were to do this and be able to make it work.

Very doubtful this would happen. It is not very widely known, but mounts are actually gear pieces. They get equipped into a hidden slot when you "mount".

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    Very doubtful this would happen. It is not very widely known, but mounts are actually gear pieces. They get equipped into a hidden slot when you "mount".
    Okay, if it is a gear piece then why can't a mount be up-gradable such as weapon is up-gradable?

Have it so you have the basic Reaper mount lets say. After crafting an item and binding it with the Reaper mount, you craft it's ability which changed the slot to the upgraded mount with an ability such as how the weapons/armor works now.

+ Reply to Thread