+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lexx91

Thread: How about loyalty points for, I don't know, actually playing the game?

Soulwalker

Default How about loyalty points for, I don't know, actually playing the game?

I'd like to see loyalty points awarded for actually playing the game, maybe 1 point for every 10 or 15 minutes. Getting a few points every week in patron boxes will take forever to get to upper levels or rewards and patrons already paying for the game don't feel like spending even more in the store to get loyalty points.

It just seems automatic that a game feature called "loyalty" should reward those players who actually are loyal and play the game for hours and hours.
    Last edited by Mezto; 12-02-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Plane Walker

"Loyalty" as it is used in Rift is a measure of how much you're spent (in real money) on supporting the game. What you're suggesting is something completely different...and necessary, in my opinion.

The only thing I see wrong with how loyalty points are earned is the fact that people awarded Loyalty on consuming the REX rather than purchasing it. I disagree with that completely -- my feeling is that only people that spend real-world currency on the game should be awarded loyalty points.

Soulwalker

Servers would be overloaded if everyone stayed logged in for loyalty. It will never happen.

Rift Chaser

You get loyalty for spending money, why would they give you loyalty for playing a free game?

They reward small amounts of Loyalty for participating in certain dev-run events - mainly PTS test events. There's also contests that reward Credits to participate in (which subsequently gives you Loyalty from those Credits).

Play-time would be a poor way to gain loyalty as it would just cause a whole bunch more people to leave their accounts online in an attemp to gain more loyalty.

+ Reply to Thread