+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue ranged v melee

Soulwalker

Default Rogue ranged v melee

I want to see ranged rogue dps competing competitively with melee again. In 8 years of playing MMO's I have always played ranged chars and now I am being heavily pressured by my guild to go melee (Sin, NB or Sin/Nb). I really dislike playing melee and get no enjoyment or fun from it. I am finding that melee rogues are doing 3-4k plus more dps than me in MM spec, this is just really unfair. Come on Trion equalise rogue dps builds a bit better.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tinax37 View Post
    I want to see ranged rogue dps competing competitively with melee again. In 8 years of playing MMO's I have always played ranged chars and now I am being heavily pressured by my guild to go melee (Sin, NB or Sin/Nb). I really dislike playing melee and get no enjoyment or fun from it. I am finding that melee rogues are doing 3-4k plus more dps than me in MM spec, this is just really unfair. Come on Trion equalise rogue dps builds a bit better.
    The developers have said that melee will always do more standstill damage because they have disconnects more than ranged but 3-4k does seem large.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinax37 View Post
    The disparity between ranged and melee is supposed to be about 5%, iirc.

3-4k different means you're doing something wrong, though. Part of that may be that you're not playing Ranger.
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

You don't always have the luxury of being able to play ranger when there's need of ranged DPS. On some fights, as i'm sure you're aware, purges are needed. That means you are forced to play MM, and that is a spec they should think about tweaking a bit (more). I don't know about you guys, but i usually end up doing 1-2k DPS under ranger when i'm on MM.

Soulwalker

You have to keep in mind that MM have much more versatility than straight up damage. You can't have one completely overpowered spec with both top DPS and be as versatile in crowd control. That coupled with the 5% and the fact that you aren't comparing heavy melee DPS to a heavy ranged DPS like Ranger didn't help your numbers.
    Last edited by Salvador; 12-03-2013 at 07:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread