+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Better reward from achievements

Default Better reward from achievements

Many of us try to do zone achievements in our down time. However, I feel the rewards for them are a bit unrewarding. I don't mean any disrespect to the development team. I just feel that the rewards could be more rewarding. Most rewards only give a few 100,000 planar atunment xp. When you have quest that will give a full level of PA xp 3 or 4 times over this rewards just feel lacking.

All the time I see people on the forums, and in the game asking for a way to get credits. Excluding platinum. Let's face it, not everyone is good at farming platinum. I seen tons of people go out and do these achievements in their downtime.

My suggestion to rift is that we replace the PA xp rewards with credit rewards. This would make the world be more active at times due to people going back to do quest, collect artifacts, zone events, etc. I really feel this would put a lot more fun into the game for making the achievements that could take months to finish feel really rewarding.

As far as how many credits I thought it should be based on how much time it would take to finish the area, what you had to do. If it freemarch maybe 100 credits if its Dendrome maybe 1000 credits. I'm not sure that not my place to decide however I really think this would help with a lot of players that feel they can't afford things in the rift store.

I hope that everyone will read over this and feel the same as others do, I really think this would be something easy to put in the game. At the same time not overly easy to finish. Getting credits for free is not suppose to be easy, I think this would work great due to the fact that this zone achievements are not the easiest in the world.

Well this is my Suggestion, I hope to get some feedback Thanks!

Can't see this ever happening. Giving credits as a reward would effectively equal Trion paying you to play. Unlikely to say the least.

I can understand that, However if you play a game for years to come trions game will last for a long time. I don't really see it as trion "paying you" i see it as a reward for playing so long. To complete an entire zone is not going to happen over night for most. Heck the rare spawns could take you months alone.

There are many games that offer in game credits all the time. I just thought this would be a good way for Rift to do this.

I'd be against this anyway. Give us more unique rewards for achievements, not XP or currency.

Maybe some unique trinket or something that ties into the story or lore of the area? Like a crystal that when used would teleport you to that zone, or if there's a lot of underwater quests, something to water breathe with. See what I did there? But something extra for these efforts wouldn't hurt. Well, not that I can see, but what do I know!

Well if you don't want credits then what about a set of gear that gives bonus to do damage to world mobs?
    Kinda like the Warglaive of Azzinoth ( sorry only thing I could think of )
    Last edited by Renorien; 11-29-2013 at 11:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread