+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By The Smurf Conglomerate
  • 1 Post By DriftinARift

Thread: Mount Ideas by The Smurf Conglomerate

Rift Disciple

Default Mount Ideas by The Smurf Conglomerate

Possibilities for mounts are not fully being explored. Here are some examples without any costs or how to get info and just with that they could do.

New Mount Ideas:
    1) Treant: 110% speed. Move 50% faster in or near forest.
    2) Crafter's Contraption. 145% speed. Move 5% faster for each craft you have at 375 or above. Only usable in main cities like Tempest Bay, Meridian, Sanctum, ect.
    3) Tamed Troll. 90% speed. You cannot be dismounted. The Tamed Troll slowly gains speed while moving to a max of 135% speed.
    4) Cheetah. 130% speed or match fastest. Move at 260% speed for 15 seconds. Cooldown: 15min
    5) Flying Carpet. 130% speed or match fastest. Move at 500% speed for 30 seconds and fly. Cooldown: 1h.
    6) Botanists Creation. 120% speed. You harvest plants 50% faster. Usable once per 5 minutes: Show direction to nearest plant harvest on minimap. Version of this could be made for lumber, mining, ect.
    7) Jet Rocket. 0% speed. The Jet Rocket gains speed over a couple of seconds to a max of 175% speed. The Jet Rocket can only be used outdoors.
    8) Enchanted Disk: 115% speed or match fastest. Hovers over the ground. Moves 20% faster over completely flat terrain. Can be modified twice but only one can modify carry capacity. (see below)

Modifiers: These modifiy how all mounts work. Each can be used once and renames that mount with a prefix. The modifiers cannot be used on mounts with the same effect already in place. These could all cost credits or other avenues to obtain.

Functionality mods: A mount can only be functionality modded once unless stated otherwise.
    1) Large: Can carry 2 ppl.
    2) Huge: Can carry 3 ppl.
    3) Massive: Can carry 4 ppl.
    4) Hardened: 40% dismount resistance
    5) Riftseeker: Mount moves 25% faster within a certain distance from a rift.
    6) Trained: Mount moves 40% faster in cities.

Appearance Mods: These can be used in addition to functionality mods. Any number of appearance mods can be used. You can then choose the prefix your mount will show.
    1) Dyeable: Mount can be dyed with dyes like armor can. Mounts have 3 sections to dye: Primary, Secondary, Tertiary. The color this mount is dyed will become the prefix.
    2) Glowing: Mount glows a color you choose with a dye. This mod doesnt take your mod slot..

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by The Smurf Conglomerate View Post
    Possibilities for mounts are not fully being explored. Here are some examples without any costs or how to get info and just with that they could do.

New Mount Ideas:
    1) Treant: 110% speed. Move 50% faster in or near forest.
    2) Crafter's Contraption. 145% speed. Move 5% faster for each craft you have at 375 or above. Only usable in main cities like Tempest Bay, Meridian, Sanctum, ect.
    3) Tamed Troll. 90% speed. You cannot be dismounted. The Tamed Troll slowly gains speed while moving to a max of 135% speed.
    4) Cheetah. 130% speed or match fastest. Move at 260% speed for 15 seconds. Cooldown: 15min
    5) Flying Carpet. 130% speed or match fastest. Move at 500% speed for 30 seconds and fly. Cooldown: 1h.
    6) Botanists Creation. 120% speed. You harvest plants 50% faster. Usable once per 5 minutes: Show direction to nearest plant harvest on minimap. Version of this could be made for lumber, mining, ect.
    7) Jet Rocket. 0% speed. The Jet Rocket gains speed over a couple of seconds to a max of 175% speed. The Jet Rocket can only be used outdoors.
    8) Enchanted Disk: 115% speed or match fastest. Hovers over the ground. Moves 20% faster over completely flat terrain. Can be modified twice but only one can modify carry capacity. (see below)

Modifiers: These modifiy how all mounts work. Each can be used once and renames that mount with a prefix. The modifiers cannot be used on mounts with the same effect already in place. These could all cost credits or other avenues to obtain.

Functionality mods: A mount can only be functionality modded once unless stated otherwise.
    1) Large: Can carry 2 ppl.
    2) Huge: Can carry 3 ppl.
    3) Massive: Can carry 4 ppl.
    4) Hardened: 40% dismount resistance
    5) Riftseeker: Mount moves 25% faster within a certain distance from a rift.
    6) Trained: Mount moves 40% faster in cities.

Appearance Mods: These can be used in addition to functionality mods. Any number of appearance mods can be used. You can then choose the prefix your mount will show.
    1) Dyeable: Mount can be dyed with dyes like armor can. Mounts have 3 sections to dye: Primary, Secondary, Tertiary. The color this mount is dyed will become the prefix.
    2) Glowing: Mount glows a color you choose with a dye. This mod doesnt take your mod slot..
    I like the Idea of crafted only mount. A mount you can earn in game no cash shop involved. But requires hard to get expensive in game mats and requires to be a maxed out profession.

Crafted mounts are pretty popular and successful in another MMOs and they are pretty fun to craft.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 11-26-2013 at 09:45 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    I like the Idea of crafted only mount. A mount you can earn in game no cash shop involved. But requires hard to get expensive in game mats and requires to be a maxed out profession.

Crafted mounts are pretty popular and successful in another MMOs and they are pretty fun to craft.
    I like this idea also. I look forward to seeing a new craft that's been hinted at before.

Also a Corgi mount pleaseeeeeee.
    A sleigh with rednose one out the front would be so cool but just being able to ride on one would be the ultimate also!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I like this idea also. I look forward to seeing a new craft that's been hinted at before.

Also a Corgi mount pleaseeeeeee.
    A sleigh with rednose one out the front would be so cool but just being able to ride on one would be the ultimate also!
    You took the words from my mouth lol. A Corgi mount would be so adorable. Id love to get one
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

That's really neat, a crafted mount quest! I love earning something fun like that! And being able to dye your mount sounds fun too...an extent...but I also have no desire to log in and see "Skittles, taste the rainbow" going on my home city, if you know what I mean. I'd also like to see more unique raptors? I love the raptor mounts! And perhaps more and different types of kitties, maybe some with different armor, like faceplates and shoulder plates! And dragon mounts. I'm not talking those strange random oriental looking things that I don't understand, but dragons like Greenscale and Maelforge, something like those! Or a Planar mount, would also be cool!! Something we have to go out and "tame" or "earn". Just my ideas.

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

+ Reply to Thread