• 6 Post By azabar
  • 1 Post By AlwaysHealNeverDie
  • 1 Post By shortycool
  • 1 Post By Bodicca

Thread: PvP with a Dev for a day contest

Default PvP with a Dev for a day contest

I had an idea for a contest...

not sure exactly how to do it but the just of it is:

I will put up X amount of real life monies or credits, this money or credits will go to the dev for taking time out of their busy schedules.

whoever wins the contest gets to pvp with a dev (hopefully a pvp one if they exist), the winner will show them whats wrong with rift pvp, ideas to fix it and so on, so hopefully this dev will see first hand whats wrong with rift pvp, how extremely frustrating these issues can be.

so I think the contest shall be this, in 500 words or less, describe what YOU think is wrong with rift pvp, how it can improved etc.

is there maybe a dev that would be willing to do this?

Maybe even set up a donate button via (trionworlds.com) or on the (CS). Us partiming bads enjoy PvP too and would like to see things made for the better, even though we lack any useful input.
    Corinze@Wolfsbane

Ascendant

Imo it's totaly stupid that fresh lvl60 can get matched against players in full myrm with runes. I dont know who thought that it will be a good idea and IF (s)he even tested it.

Try to play some pvp with lvl60 ranger and that "replaced" gear in WF / CQ. I wish you GL killing players who run in top gear + runes (not to mention that they often have a lot more points in PA).

You pretty much keep spamming w/e you want, but nobody is dying because your dmg is laughable (that's IF they dont target you and burst you down with some OP souls or / and due to gear advantages)

/side note:

Also, I love sign for WF and getting matching as a Merc to a team that is already losing 900/200 score and can't even take 1 flag rofl.

/irony off
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Soulwalker

What I think is wrong with PvP is healers. Perhaps not at 60 as I am not that familiar with 'good gear pvp' but when it comes to leveling, it's just not fun to PvP when you as a "damage dealer" can't do 1/3rd of the amount of what a healer heals.

On my cleric, I'm basicly invincible to 1v1 and I can survive most 1v2 without any problems, for a long time.

Lol the devs don't PvP. that much is obvious.

I'll leave the balancing/healing/CQ/maps/TTK issues to someone else and just focus on what is fundamentally lacking: fun. There is simply no immersion and no drive to pvp.

Daglar said:
    They are not driven by hate, they are driven by the spirit of competition and seek to dominate their foes. The sort of people that, when you do have a good engagement with the enemy, you go to your external forums and you talk with one another - you become comrades with your foes due to the spirit of competition and you build respect for those that you are fighting.
    This is true if you're talking about duels or arena, but immersion in your faction and hatred for anything red is the driving force behind world pvp, and in a smaller sense, warfronts. Not only is this crucial component missing from RIFT pvp but the world itself isn't built for it.

For some odd reason the devs put wardstones in the game hoping this would promote some world pvp - which is mind-boggling to say the least. It didn't take very long to realize this didn't work like they'd hoped. But instead of building up some hubs without npc spawn spam, they shrugged it off and let world pvp devolve into a few zerg fests where oftimes the factions would stop and chat with each other. Camaraderie and all that.

There are other games where it's impossible to talk to the other factions, and there's a reason for this. Holding hands with the opposite faction does not promote world pvp. At all. Unless Daglar wants arena and duels to be the ultimate pvp experience in RIFT, he's just wrong about this.

There's also the disparity between the capital cities. One can simply jump over the wall in Meridian whereas it takes a raid to get across the bridge to Sanctum. This has existed since the game's inception and to date nothing has been done to correct it. This is just one of the fundamental design flaws that suppress pvp and cause some to leave the game.

The glaring lack of world pvp objectives is just sad. There are no towers to take, no hubs that offer items to the faction holding it, no pvp battles where the winners get access to raids. None of that. There is simply CQ power, and there's nothing fun about CQ power at all.

Fun and immersion are totally lacking.

Did I win?

GZ azabar for being the 666th person to like one of my comments :s

+ Reply to Thread