+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chronicle difficulty levels

Default Chronicle difficulty levels

It's good to see that there will be new chronicles released in the next few weeks, even if they are existing chronicles with increased difficulty for level 60. My suggestion is to consider the difficulty levels for these new chronicles. I know they are designed to be played by *two* level 60 players, but I've been able to solo the previous level 60 chronicles with my pre-expert dungeons geared characters (I'm mostly a solo player and do not run dungeons or raids).

When I went in to look at the new Intrepid: Hammerknell Fortress chronicle, the level 62 elite mobs immediately made it clear that my chances of soloing this chronicle were highly unlikely.

So my suggestion is to reconsider who the target audience is for these new chronicles, and adjust the difficulty levels accordingly. It the goal is to encourage only two-man teams then I can't really make an argument for my suggestion, as I'm likely an edge case. However, I will say that it's very enjoyable being able to solo chronicles like Queen's Gambit and Infernal Dawn. There was a very nice sense of achievement when I beat Infernal Dawn for the first time on my cleric with mediocre gear.

Ok, I withdraw my suggestion. After a few more attempts, I was able to beat this chronicle solo. The difficulty level seems about right for my level of gear. Looking forward to trying the next Chronicle.

I wouldn't withdraw your suggestion so much as tweak it. I'd like to see Chronicles scale. I, too, am a lone wolf. I prefer to do things on my own and while I do enjoy dungeons, IAs, and PVP, I tend to play Rift as if it were a single player game that just happens to have other people playing it. I would love to have Chronicles scale in difficulty depending on whether you bring 1 or 2 people in.
    Patron Princess | Rift Fangirl | Terrible PvPer | Forum Stalker | Artifact Addict | Gatherer of Epic Fluff

Shadowlander

Default same boat

I feel same way I am lone wolf as well, but I do hate some boss fight like queen's gambit 2nd boss i find it annoying as hell to solo. i know we are suppose to keep them at even hp but its hard to do when u are also focused on 10 other things.

+ Reply to Thread