+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Dyes: Please Let Us Preview BEFORE We Buy

Default Dyes: Please Let Us Preview BEFORE We Buy

Pretty much what the title says, here. Please make it so we can preview dyes on the various pieces of armor we might use them on, before we have to buy them. With all of the new exceptional dyes available, it'd really be nice to see if they're a color I might like to spend credits on but since credits aren't exactly refundable, I can't see myself spending them for a 'maybe it might be a good color for me'.

If you want to sell more dyes for credits, again I ask you to please make them previewable. Thanks!

PS. Also please mark items that cannot be dyed (the untintable pieces) with a visual cue of some sort so we know they aren't dyeable.
    Last edited by Lireh; 11-21-2013 at 11:29 PM.
    Faeblight Forever!

I think this is a great suggestion!

Plane Walker

Forgot to bump my old one: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...e-preview.html

Come on Trion, do you really want us to keep on pestering you about it?

100% This.Can't really add anything to it,you summarized everything what we need and people who want to buy costumes and dyes but not sure in the end result.If they would add that two option i'm sure it will result much more and happy costumers .

I actually lol'd when i saw so many exceptional dyes in store yesterday, each costing about 200 credits, but with no preview option available. I was like yeah, i'll buy those ASAP... not.

You're really hurting your bussiness here, Trion. Make previews available sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by Pacpac; 11-22-2013 at 12:43 AM.

Rift Disciple

This is without a doubt an absolutely common sense notion.

Why would I pay for something that I get one use out of just to try to preview it on one item only after I have purchased it when I cannot even refund it once I have purchased it -- not to mention that the existing preview method for dyes is arcane and not well known.

Rhetorical question. I wouldn't, and I have not. In fact, as wonderful as some of the dyes are that I can craft with alchemy, I don't craft them because the existing preview system is clunky. I could keep going about how annoying it is not to be able to retool one's outfit as simply as in another game where I could invest in the colors once and then have a palette with which to work from. I understand the desire you have to make money on digital wares.

However, that being said, with the existing utter lack of utility in the interface for the wardrobe system, I don't bother with dyes unless they are ultra cheap and I don't invest in wardrobes unless it is something iconic for the character. I have heard that some dev or employee finally maxed out their storage for wardrobes and realizes the problem; hopefully they will implement a highly usable solution and shop around for a nice wardrobe paradigm, and not just something that is cheap to implement.

And HOPEFULLY the solution includes something to do with dyes, as they are a crucial component for customization of wardrobe and avatars.

If LOTRO can have dye preview, certainly Rift could.

(Says the player with almost no programming knowledge).

Seriously, I would like to see this in Rift.

Soulwalker

We need this. However, if it happens, I fear it will be too late. The new dyes might not be available anymore when it'll occur.

Plane Touched

In agreement with everyone in this thread -- dye preview option would be excellent.

Soulwalker

So very this! One of the most frustrating things I've experienced in game in the month I've been playing.

Definitely would LOVE to see the dyes I'm buying. I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but when you're buying dyes from the vendors, no matter what the dye costs you, after a certain time the price is reduced to a paltry amount that isn't even worth selling back for, even if you paid over a plat for it. But you have to buy the dye to see what it looks like on you so you lose either way. It's quite frustrating. Also it's deceptive on some armors, because if you buy a "red", sometimes it looks like a rusty brown, or a pale red that's almost pink, depending on the cloth. So yes it would totally be awesome to look at what they dye looks like on my armor before I buy it! Please Trion?

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Soulwalker

I agree with this suggestion. This would be one additional change we can look forward to seeing in a patch one day, and we would all be happy to see the change. I hope Trion will find a way to upgrade this ability.

Plane Walker

It has paid off!

Plane Walker

I'm not big into coloring my armors, but I can say that currently any NPC vendor bought ones can be sold back to that NPC at the same price. I know this isn't exactly what the OP is after. Just saying that's how the NPC's work.

It would be nice to see dyes previewable as suggested, even from those NPC's so I don't have to go thru the motions of buying, checking and selling it back to them.

Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast