Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Virtuoso
  • 1 Post By Mantiss
  • 1 Post By Mantiss
  • 1 Post By Kithiel

Thread: Tank/Healer incentives & Shared bank slots

Soulwalker

Default Tank/Healer incentives & Shared bank slots

Two suggestions; I will keep them brief.

#1) Similar to World of Warcraft, roles that are in high demand (for the purpose of dungeon finder) should be incentivized in the form of some "goodie bag" that maybe contains some BoA potions, rare artifacts, companions, world event currency, coin, etc. This could be an on-again off-again incentive, depending on the load of particular roles in the LFD queue.

#2) Similar to EQ2, 2-4 account-wide bank slots. I'm sure many of us have separate gathers and craftsmen, some may even have 2 different craftsmen that use the same materials. This would be a way to put materials, food, coin, costumes, etc. into consolidated, shared bank slots rather than distributing among characters, or banking/mailing all the time.

Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post

#1) Similar to World of Warcraft, roles that are in high demand (for the purpose of dungeon finder) should be incentivized in the form of some "goodie bag" that maybe contains some BoA potions, rare artifacts, companions, world event currency, coin, etc. This could be an on-again off-again incentive, depending on the load of particular roles in the LFD queue.

#2) Similar to EQ2, 2-4 account-wide bank slots. I'm sure many of us have separate gathers and craftsmen, some may even have 2 different craftsmen that use the same materials. This would be a way to put materials, food, coin, costumes, etc. into consolidated, shared bank slots rather than distributing among characters, or banking/mailing all the time.

Thanks for reading.
    Call to arms could be nice imo, at least this time everyone can queue for heals or tank if they really want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayeth View Post
    Defiants evil soul suckers
    Elegance - 60 rogue
    Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuoso View Post

Well I think the best incentive would be reputation and some kind of achievements in place for simply tanking (x) dungeon so many times and then (y) expert so many times, etc. With something like a little heavily armored pet as a perk for completing them.

Long term though Trion needs a better incentive to tank and heal Dungeons/Experts on a daily basis beyond the current system. Even if its something lame like only 5 tokens/plaques per run at least it would be something and allow those who do want to grind that out something to do. While also increasing the enjoyment of every non-tank and healer out there who just wants to gear up and have fun.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

Ascendant

1. No. I dont want dps scrubs queing as tanks or heals and having no clue, try to do a SL expert.

2. Im ok with this as it is a simplified form of mailing stuff to alts

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    1. No. I dont want dps scrubs queing as tanks or heals and having no clue, try to do a SL expert.

2. Im ok with this as it is a simplified form of mailing stuff to alts
    You'll probably get this more without an incentive actually, as people decide to just run tank/heals to shorten their queue time.
    You'll find there are often tanks/heals who could queue, but choose not to since they're done with their gear.
    In wow for example, these types do queue for sake of said bag, which could give mounts/pets/pots.
    Elegance - 60 rogue
    Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by BladeDancer View Post
    You'll probably get this more without an incentive actually, as people decide to just run tank/heals to shorten their queue time.
    You'll find there are often tanks/heals who could queue, but choose not to since they're done with their gear.
    In wow for example, these types do queue for sake of said bag, which could give mounts/pets/pots.
    if you're talking about gear there are just as many tanks/healers not running dungeons as there are DPS/support not running dungeons. the ratio stays the same regardless of how many players are geared or not.

I 100% disagree with tanking/healing incentives. I tank because I want to and because it gives me short queues, anything beyond that will just make more fail groups when people have no desire to tank/heal and are probably undergeared are forced to slog through experts for rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    if you're talking about gear there are just as many tanks/healers not running dungeons as there are DPS/support not running dungeons. the ratio stays the same regardless of how many players are geared or not.

I 100% disagree with tanking/healing incentives. I tank because I want to and because it gives me short queues, anything beyond that will just make more fail groups when people have no desire to tank/heal and are probably undergeared are forced to slog through experts for rewards
    Umm where is your evidence that there are an equal amount of dps/suppor not running dungeons? Are you implying that an equal number of dps/support exist in comparison to tanks/healers? Where has a ratio ever been published? Do we know of one that exists?

Your opinion might be that you "think" a lot of folks aren't queing up. However its only an opinion. I know too many tanks and healers that love the role but won't simply que up for the enjoyment when they have what Experts can provide and now focus on events, rep, fishing, whatever instead of tanking/healing.

The entire entire idea is that you need to incentives for people to tank and heal more often. Period. I'm not sitting around tonight going "gosh it sure would be fun to tank a few PuGs for kicks!" I'll help guildies and friends out of course, but most of them are geared, in fact really we only do randoms for the perks now x7 each week.

I wish that the logic of adding incentives would counter baddies or undergeared folks from trying to tank and heal, but lets face it it still happens regularly enough as is for the very reason you listed, shorter que times.

Love ya bud, but not sure I agree with being dead set against the idea of additional incentives. Or at least adding back the reputations and final boss tokens/badges/plaques.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

It seems that offering the option for DPS and support players to tank would be courting disaster, as it generally takes some modicum of skill to successfully tank anything you haven't overgeared or outleveled. I shudder to imagine the rage threads that would almost certainly result. That being said, I think it would be nice to offer a little goodie bag to any class that is in high demand. Say, if there are 3 groups in the queue all waiting for a healer, then for the next hour all players who get selected for the heal role get the bag. Nothing too shiny, nothing that people will feel they need to get, maybe a couple of potions, an artifact or two, a chance of a pet or mount that you can get elsewhere. Certainly nothing unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithiel View Post
    It seems that offering the option for DPS and support players to tank would be courting disaster, as it generally takes some modicum of skill to successfully tank anything you haven't overgeared or outleveled. I shudder to imagine the rage threads that would almost certainly result. That being said, I think it would be nice to offer a little goodie bag to any class that is in high demand. Say, if there are 3 groups in the queue all waiting for a healer, then for the next hour all players who get selected for the heal role get the bag. Nothing too shiny, nothing that people will feel they need to get, maybe a couple of potions, an artifact or two, a chance of a pet or mount that you can get elsewhere. Certainly nothing unique.
    That is pretty much exactly how it works in wow.
    And to be frank, all the players I got thanks to that system were actually better than the usual ones I got queuing just to shorten their queue time.
    The main thing to note is, the bag isn't really worth much in its contents, its just an incentive.
    Elegance - 60 rogue
    Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread