+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ahov
  • 1 Post By Proclus_Lycaeus

Thread: Ingame Marriage

Default Ingame Marriage

I know its already here. but there should be more to it, an Actual Acheievement, maybe even titles/Bonus's Joint bank with spouse. Stuff like that. Itd be nice to have more for Ingame marriage. and a Shard shouter for marriages too , Itd be nice to have more ingame for it. and Have in your friendslist when you click a name it tells you there spouse as well. itd be a nice idea i think

But what if I really want all achievements and I need to get married for the last one and the person I marry is a girl playing as a man! Eeeep!

Oh wait I'll just get my cousin to marry someone... I don't think he cares if there's a girl behind a male character or a man behind a female character...
    Last edited by The Relic; 12-28-2012 at 02:48 AM.
    BRING BACK OLD THE GREATER FAERIE DESIGN! I DEMAND CAPTAIN SHORT BACK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...on-please.html The avatar is not mine! It's Johnjoseco's from deviant art! Go there! Wow, love and joy it! XD

There was supposed to be a joint bank idk what happened to that. As for titles http://rift.zam.com/en/item.html?rif...E8810401010101 thats the only one given out so far.
    Iron Talon Gaming
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/irontalongaming

I'd love to see more implemented, shared banks would be lovely.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aurna View Post
    I'd love to see more implemented, shared banks would be lovely.
    Dear God, no.

Just wait until they fight over something and clear our the bank. Imagine the petition Trion gets, and how upset someone will get when Trion says they can't refund any items since....they were married.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Dear God, no.

Just wait until they fight over something and clear our the bank. Imagine the petition Trion gets, and how upset someone will get when Trion says they can't refund any items since....they were married.
    ^This

There’s a reason getting divorced IRL requires legal representation and a judge. Pretty sure GMs have better things to do.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto View Post
    ^This

There’s a reason getting divorced IRL requires legal representation and a judge. Pretty sure GMs have better things to do.
    Pfft I married Zoar 6 months ago and he divorced me by mail. But I go over it somehow.

I never forget Zoar!!
    EvanX / Nihilist / Insurgent

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by EvanX View Post
    Pfft I married Zoar 6 months ago and he divorced me by mail. But I go over it somehow.

I never forget Zoar!!
    Not sure if troll...

My point was: Who decides who gets what items in the shared bank after the divorce? It's a recipe for drama and disaster.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto View Post
    Not sure if troll...

My point was: Who decides who gets what items in the shared bank after the divorce? It's a recipe for drama and disaster.
    Ya, sorry, not trolling just trying point out how silly it is to take Rift marriage so seriously.

BTW what toon do you play? Are you who I think you are?
    EvanX / Nihilist / Insurgent

Rift Disciple

I'd like to see more things like special emotes (when aimed at your spouse, like a better /kiss), dimension privileges assignable specifically to your spouse (so you can build a house together w/o turning it on for all your friends), a summon spouse spell (like the summon friend from recruit-a-friend), and extra achievements.

I would rather not see things like special spouse bank space, as it would mostly just cause problems. Even if it would be amusing to see every bank alt desperately seeking spouses.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by LilliumElessa View Post
    I'd like to see more things like special emotes (when aimed at your spouse, like a better /kiss), dimension privileges assignable specifically to your spouse (so you can build a house together w/o turning it on for all your friends), a summon spouse spell (like the summon friend from recruit-a-friend), and extra achievements.

I would rather not see things like special spouse bank space, as it would mostly just cause problems. Even if it would be amusing to see every bank alt desperately seeking spouses.
    I could get on board with your first few suggestions but, like so many others, I see a lot of potential problems in shared banking.

*Shared Banks
    *A special dimension for married couples only(a farmhouse, etc.)
    *2-Man mount(couple only) White Stallion perhaps?

Thought's?

I'd like to see "shared banks" (or at LEAST the ability to have 1 special slot that is shared) between all the characters on your account made first.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Movolo View Post
    I know its already here. but there should be more to it, an Actual Acheievement, maybe even titles/Bonus's Joint bank with spouse. Stuff like that. Itd be nice to have more for Ingame marriage. and a Shard shouter for marriages too , Itd be nice to have more ingame for it. and Have in your friendslist when you click a name it tells you there spouse as well. itd be a nice idea i think
    No. Aside from the fact that it's not fair to other players to give out tangible benefits to "married" characters, there's too much potential for unpleasant complications in a shared bank account. Marriage is difficult and often messy in real life. There's no reason to make it so in Rift. Please, keep in-game marriages simple!

+ Reply to Thread