+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Please raise the Planarite cap.

Default Please raise the Planarite cap.

Just a suggestion - can we tack on an additional zero the planarite cap to increase the maximum to 1,000,000 ?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure they already raised it once for SL.

Trion has always been very stingy with the caps and they continue to be, at the great annoyance to and frustration of many players. If there is a good reason for it, I'm curious hear it. Otherwise, I'd sure like to see a raise in caps for planarite and crafting marks.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

It's most likely to prevent hoarding. The lures themselves cost 60k for the raid ones. Thats a royal ton of planarite. They want some things to remain seen as a large chunk of effort. A good way to do it is to make it almost your entire cap.

If the cap is 100k and the raid lure cost 60k. It feels like a lot because it's 60% of your maxed out cap.

If they raised the cap to 1 mil and the raid lure still cost 60K, it doesn't feel so massive because it droped down to 6% of your maxed cap.

Caps on stuff are there to keep people from hording for future content. that way you cant all the sudden release of new content have all the stuff that day.

Quote Originally Posted by H3artless View Post
    It's most likely to prevent hoarding. The lures themselves cost 60k for the raid ones. Thats a royal ton of planarite. They want some things to remain seen as a large chunk of effort. A good way to do it is to make it almost your entire cap.

If the cap is 100k and the raid lure cost 60k. It feels like a lot because it's 60% of your maxed out cap.

If they raised the cap to 1 mil and the raid lure still cost 60K, it doesn't feel so massive because it droped down to 6% of your maxed cap.
    This x 1000

I'm fine with the 100k mark, but let us turn the new Infinity Stones into planarite, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    I'm fine with the 100k mark, but let us turn the new Infinity Stones into planarite, please.
    Let us buy IS with planarite.

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    I don't have a problem with that either, but it needs to be ridiculous in price just like buying ISS was.

Make it 50-60k per stone, we'll be good.

Rift Master

I wouldn't mind see the cap upped to 150k for planarite. Could buy two raid rift lures without selling ISS for planarite.

150k would be reasonable, or even something like 125k. Just a little extra over what we have at the moment to buy those expensive essences.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Indasoth View Post
    That would be awesome. I'm always swimming in planarite (hit the 100k cap every other day or so) and can't ever seem to have enough IS.

I feel like we have one group of people complaining planarite cap is too low, then another group complaining DRR lures are prohibitively expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    I don't have a problem with that either, but it needs to be ridiculous in price just like buying ISS was.

Make it 50-60k per stone, we'll be good.
    Honestly, anything more than 15k is just a rip-off. Sure, I can walk away from the fort invasion in SoI with like 4-5k planarite, but that's also a very specialized instance with the total event itself awarding 15 or so IS on top. Meanwhile, doing most of the other ones, you'd probably be lucky to see over 1500 planarite depending on how many of the objectives you partake in.

Only other thing that comes close would be regularly doing Greater Hunt rifts, but those groups aren't always running, thus making them no guarantee you'd get like 10k/hr. Someone might make a case for Onslaughts, but they're also participation dependent and not at all worth it if it's just 2-3 people at a well.

I'm honestly a bit vexed at how people treat world currency, and the gear it translates to, as some kind of bane to the community. The gear side is grindy enough, for what's presently 2 tiers behind raiders at best. And while I do feel the planarite cap should be bumped to 150k or so, we shouldn't be striving to screw people out of their planarite/time, either. So, if Trion up and said I could get a tier behind raiders right now by paying 300-500k planarite in consumables per piece of gear, I'd be okay with that. It'd still give open worlders something to spend their currency on, and heaven forbid, access to T2 crystals.

I feel like we have one group of people complaining planarite cap is too low, then another group complaining DRR lures are prohibitively expensive.
    Probably true, doubly so for a raid rift probably putting out 1-3 items tops. Asking a single person to maintain that currency gain daily is a serious time commitment. I suppose the intent is guilds to alternate players, but that's not always perfect, nor is every guild raid-sized/geared.
    Last edited by arus2001; 01-03-2013 at 12:03 PM.

The difficulty of the raid rifts does not reflect in the price. You can run 2-3 of these from start to finish in the time it took an original Fire Raid Rift in chocolate Rift to finish with 20 GOOD players.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast