+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Another Dimension Wishlist

Rift Disciple

Default Another Dimension Wishlist

There doesn't seem to be a really good unified list of this stuff in another thread, but rather a lot of loose threads. So here goes another one, full of dimension items and features I'd personally love to see.

Items: Generic
    • Stove, big old-fashioned claw-foot (Please not modern!)
    • Musical Instruments: (Ideally all interactable through dialogue or temporary skills to play a sound for a short while)
      • Piano, Mini-grand style (specifically not the very square/rectangular variety)
      • Pipe Organ, Huge and Impressive style
      • Harp, the big pretty standing ones
      • Bells
      • Wind Chimes (with constant sound)
      • Drum(s), Tribal would be more accurate but a modern drumset would be enjoyed more
    • Kitchen Sink
    • Cups, Glasses, Plates, and silverware (either as a placable group or rolled in a cloth napkin)
    • Bathroom Sink
    • Toilet
    • Tub (With water!)
    • Fountain(s): Water needs to be included!
    • Sofa/Couch(es)
    • Easel and/or Drafting Table
    • Paintings, both framed and not (for use as wall decoration)
    • Artwork Statues in stone and metal (pretty things like people, mythical animals, angels, etc)
    • Map(s) and/or a map table
    • Sewing basket, Loom, Stack of cloth, and/or thread (outfitter props)
    • Forge (Workable or not), anvil, water basin/trough/thing (weaponsmith/armorsmith props)
    • Pile of glowy dust stuff?, pile of glowy bits-of-stuff (runecrafter props)
    • Jewelry display (artificer props and general-use for girly spaces)
    • Open gold and jewel filled chest
    • Water trough/basin with water (for animals, not crafting)
    • Crystal Chandellier
    • Fencing - needs a stretch system so it doesn't take up a million items from your limit
    • Divider walls, of the folding/decorative variety
    • Cups, glasses, mugs, etc
    • Table settings, grouped to be one item per place. No food on the plates!
    • Food:
      • Cheese
      • cookies
      • pizza
      • cooked whole bird (chicken, turkey, etc)
      • bread
      • soup, bowl of

Items: NPCs
    It would be appreciated if each one of these could have some very basic animations idle animations that they perform if a player is within a short range. For the animals, it would be appreciated if they could wander around a small distance from their placement item.
    • Adoptable Orphans: one male and one female child of each race. It would be nice if these were somehow able to be given custom names!
    • Butler (/manservant)
    • Chef
    • Maid (/female servant)
    • Gardener
    • Generic Man & Woman of each race, wearing racially appropriate clothing (Because you can't account for everything.) It would be nice if these could be custom named as well.
    • Cat
    • Dog
    • Mounts (Horse, Vaiyuu, Valmera, etc)
    • Sheep; This could possibly be one item that spawns several NPCs.

Dye Feature
    Asking for every single item to be dyable would obviously be too much. However, I believe a number of items could be identified as the most basic building blocks, which would be the most effective to enable dye-ability.
    The current items I believe this would include:
    • All wood, stone, and metal building blocks (excludes grey/greenstone)
    • Wardrobe
    • Sack
    Dyed items, for players' sanity's sake, would need to be only stackable with other items of the same type dyed the same color. Ideally, they could have an extra tag or a name addition to indicate the color that the items have been dyed. Dye remover would allow these items to stack with undyed items again (ofc).
    If this would cause too much bloat, specific vendor dyes (and their light/dark versions) can be identified which would be most effective (or at least appropriate) to each item:
    • Wood Building Blocks: Brown, Grey (specifically dark grey), Orange, Yellow, Green (specifically light green)
    • Stone Building Blocks: Brown, Grey (specifically all 3 shades), (Maybe Yellow)
    • Metal Building Blocks: Grey (again specifically all 3 shades), Blue, Red
    • Wardrobe: Dark Grey, Brown, Red, Orange
    • Sack: Brown, Grey, Red, Blue, Green
    Alternatively, dye could only be appliable to items that have been placed into a dimension, and the dye could be removed when the item is picked up.

Telaran

I'd like to add to that... a button within the dimension that would allow you to keep it either always Night Time or Always Day Time. Make it compatable with other sky projectors.

Not sure if this was mentioned by a dev, or someone else.

How about home storage/chest/vault. To store stuff in of course.

Are crafting stations and vendors going to be buy-able for our homes?

The point, there has to be a REASON (besides decorating) to want to go to the dimension or eventually people won't use them.

Want some ideas Trion? Please take a look at Everquest 2 housing and what it offers. Gives you a reason to WANT a place to call home. Just a thought.
    Life is what you make of it..

Telaran

I think it would be cool if they gave us stables so we could store our mounts and companion pets in them.

Please don't forget the option to pay plat to allow my smaller dimension to hold the amount of items a big one will. I had so much fun with Fae Yule. I cant wait to see what future events will bring and what I can do with my home. Would be awesome to have more space. A storage for dimension items only . Maybe a small portal or a chest or anything we can drag and drop items in so they don't take bank space .Or heck even a bank that has the space of a guild bank for dimension items only. Even if we don't get it I still love and adore you all for making dimensions possible.

Quote Originally Posted by LilliumElessa View Post
    Adoptable Orphans
    very nice idea.

I think another nice idea is to make dimensions like a huge TAMAGOSHI. Let the playes to choose a special pet to feed and it will live in dimensions. It need to be huge when in adult phase.
    Rift 2.6's - Things I miss a lot in Rift: 1. No lock raids or boss, only lock drops and tokens. 2. I want a button to visit to other servers more easily. 3. Too low FPS yet. Fix Rift Client please. 4. Fair PVP, too much unbalance and crap healing war.
    - Thinks i like most right now: 1. Hailol Footholds 2. Flexible builds 3. Mage tanking comming .

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

There doesn't seem to be a really good unified list of this stuff in another thread, but rather a lot of loose threads. So here goes another one, full of dimension items and features I'd personally love to see.
    I'm half-hearted about adding more items like stoves and musical instruments to the dimensions items. I love wandering around dimensions seeing how creative people can be in making furnishings for their dimension from other items. The more Trion supply the less reason for people to be creative.

Would love to be able to dye cloth and building blocks tho.

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

I'd also like to see an ability to change the zone-in location and orientation for people entering. In Vengeful Sky, you zone in facing basically what amounts to an invisible wall. You lose a lot of the "wow" effect for that area.
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA 3/3 IG
    All HMs Cleared, FT & EE Conq

Rift Disciple

Since you can't edit, more features I'd like to see:
    • Fishable Dimension Water - Even if you can only get grey freemarch items.
    • Rainy weather spawner (I hear one of these was in beta)
    • The ability to invite to an alt's dimension. (Why is that restricted only to the character that owns the dimension in the first place, instead of your whole account?)
    • Religious items related to each of the Vigil.
    • More interactive items (just in general) - they're very enjoyable, and make dimensions feel way more diverse.
    • Commodes. (I think I listed this above, but I wish to restate how badly they're needed. This is the 2nd most missed household item that everyone I talk to wishes were included, closely behind a stove.)
    • Caster-based weapon holders. (Like the weapon and armor racks, but for staves and totems.)
    • Ability to use transform trinkets, items, etc in dimensions.
    • Ability to use racial skills, mailbox summons, Jarvis, Moneybags, etc in Dimensions.
    • More lighting, and of wild colors. Purple flame candles, blue lamp posts, yellow fire, etc.
    • Shadow/Darkness placeable effects. Anti-lighting. Like the darkness effect from the Light the Way yule quest. Some dimensions are excessively bright, and some of us want excessive darkness.

Ascendant

I'm on the fence, because I like the creativity having limited pre-built items gives. But I like the character of smooth edes etc. Many of the things on your list you can build yourself.

I like the idea of pre-builts when they can add to the atmosphere or be repurposed. That said, this is what I'd pull as good ideas from your list.

Items: Generic
    [*] Harp, the big pretty standing ones[*] Wind Chimes (NO SOUND PLEASE!)[*] Plates[*] Fountain(s): Water needs to be included![*] Map(s) and/or a map table - I like the ones already in game. The rooms in Sanctum for example.

I'm on the fence about this section of trade crafts. Maybe if they were craftable by the trade themselves.[*] Sewing basket, Loom, Stack of cloth, and/or thread (outfitter props)[*] Forge (Workable or not), anvil, water basin/trough/thing (weaponsmith/armorsmith props)[*] Pile of glowy dust stuff?, pile of glowy bits-of-stuff (runecrafter props)[*] Jewelry display (artificer props and general-use for girly spaces)

Quote Originally Posted by Chanalia View Post
    I'd also like to see an ability to change the zone-in location and orientation for people entering. In Vengeful Sky, you zone in facing basically what amounts to an invisible wall. You lose a lot of the "wow" effect for that area.
    I agree with this totally. It's one of the reasons I gave up my Plaza. That made the impressive view not viewable unless you stood inside.

And to the person who suggested storage. I have an alt that gets stuff dumped in. Just upgraded the base dimension a few times. It's only 150 items, and yes, you ahve to take one of your alt positions, but it worked for me.
    Last edited by Milyssa; 01-03-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    Please don't forget the option to pay plat to allow my smaller dimension to hold the amount of items a big one will. I had so much fun with Fae Yule. I cant wait to see what future events will bring and what I can do with my home. Would be awesome to have more space. A storage for dimension items only . Maybe a small portal or a chest or anything we can drag and drop items in so they don't take bank space .Or heck even a bank that has the space of a guild bank for dimension items only. Even if we don't get it I still love and adore you all for making dimensions possible.
    YES please and tyvm
    Never Seperate the Life You Lead.. From the Words You Speak

Greybriar..
    Qweewicket - Savatorian - Autumndawn - Fayanarose - Paddywicket
    WHEE alt much Lady!

I noticed something the other day on one of my alts "baby dimension".. The total count for that is what? 200.. I believe. Well when I looked at the count on the bar, it already had like 11 items already. I thought.. wait! what? I hadn't put anything down yet!

Okay, so its prebuilt in the dimension with rocks and such, BUT - since you are so limited, I do NOT think those should be included. OR.. if there is no way around that, then let us at least move those objects that are already placed there.

For example I would LOVE to be able to move that small temple. It sits right on a good piece of real estate I could play with.

Just a thought
    Never Seperate the Life You Lead.. From the Words You Speak

Greybriar..
    Qweewicket - Savatorian - Autumndawn - Fayanarose - Paddywicket
    WHEE alt much Lady!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Milyssa View Post
    I'm on the fence, because I like the creativity having limited pre-built items gives. But I like the character of smooth edes etc. Many of the things on your list you can build yourself.
    Item count. Building things yourself, like say a bar, is amazing fun and can lead to some really impressive constructions. But if I could slap down 1 item instead of 10-20, I'd do it in a heartbeat unless I could legitimately make something that looked better through fabrications.

Additionally, there are many very basic items that you can try to build but you just can't do proper justice for. Walk around the Faeblight dimensions and you'll see many toilets and stoves. You recognize that they're toilets and stoves because of placement and similar designs being reused across the server for the items, but they don't actually look anything like real, functional, toilets and stoves.
    Many complex items, like say Pianos, are in a similar boat. You can construct something that looks great given the materials you have to work with, but otherwise looks really absurd.

Anyways, pretty much anything listed is only a suggestion to Trion's creative minds. Lots of people want to see lots of different things naturally, but how could Trion possibly know what anyone wants if we don't walk by every now and then and say "Hey, this sounded cool. Like any of it?"
    To that end, I think some more music boxes would be great. The SL zones have some really pretty music, as does Sanctum.

Also increase the item limit even more, and mabye reduce the item limit upgrade cost for dormant core, it's so overkill, but meh. ^^

A porticulum NPC w/ gate and a healer NPC would be an amazing thing to have in our guild dimensions.

ALSO ... Caer Kholum absolutely needs more items to its item limits; 5000+.

~ Dani

Core Raid Spots Available --- (Trekkies) Wed/Sun/Mon 9 PM - 12 AM ST :: Holding TRYOUTS for a core raid spots on Mon/Tues, 5:30 PM Server, just send a tell! Must be 3/4 or 4/5 minimum!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast