+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear adds certain effects to spells

Soulwalker

Default Gear adds certain effects to spells

A feature I think would be pretty cool would be that certain high level gear from themed raids changed your abilities spell effects. For example gear from Eternal Eclipse gives a death spell effect over your existing spell effects, such as a pyromancer shooting purple fire. It give the effect that the gear is enhancing you in a slightly more themed way.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboi View Post
    A feature I think would be pretty cool would be that certain high level gear from themed raids changed your abilities spell effects. For example gear from Eternal Eclipse gives a death spell effect over your existing spell effects, such as a pyromancer shooting purple fire. It give the effect that the gear is enhancing you in a slightly more themed way.
    As a cosmetic thing i am indifferent. What is then to seperate pyro from warlock?

If it did get implemented, it would be good to do it with planarite like those nikko light things.

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    As a cosmetic thing i am indifferent. What is then to seperate pyro from warlock?

If it did get implemented, it would be good to do it with planarite like those nikko light things.
    Well their base style of doing their duty in the group, a lock unlike a pyro has more dots to maintain, where as a pyro is about maintaining combustion overall.So long as they keep the function, and method of how souls do their duty in a group relatively unque from each other, and yet keep some interesting synergy between them it would nto be a bad idea.

I like the idea of being able to customize the look, effect, and style of your spells, even so far as the casting animation of it. As i like a more corrupt an dark style character, and so being able to add a darker more corrupt style to my character;s spells an effects would be nice (such as fel-green, or dark purple, maybe even a combo of black an red too.).

If you're asking for cosmetic options for spells and effects, I'm okay with that, though would prefer it not being through gear, but maybe some sort of "wardrobe" system for abilities.

If you're asking for gear to make specific spells strong, I would argue against it as it creates a massive imbalance in PvP as well as probably being a nightmare to balance PvE around.

+ Reply to Thread