+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New race idea for guardians - the fae.

Default New race idea for guardians - the fae.

As the planes of death, fire and the ascendants have literally crushed the fae part of the plane of life as well as the boglings from this forum -

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post4090764

getting some common back and leaving the plane of life, I think as Hylas killed lord twyll and basically hypnotized the rest of the plane of life and the plane of death took all of the fae who died in their own realm; as hylas and Aeflwar lose their grip upon the fae, the fae should begin to leave the plane of life and as the Aeflwar run the fae fleeing from the realm of the fae... They should turn to the guardians for protection under leadership of a particularly strong minded fae. The fae could start in the realm of life as it falls in silverwood and then flee the fae maze through a magical portal generated by their new leader. They then rematerialise in the Sanctum of the vigil where their leader has already begged for forgiveness to Shyla Starhearth. Then the fae are sent out to help out around silverwood, starting with helping the guardians (and hopefully the boglings!) at the beach head.

The female fae could choose between different looks, ground bound faeries which are the old models of the fae but they can choose different hairstyles and looks to make them feel better while the males could choose to play as satyrs (with new looks of course)

There could be a new idea of what happens with the new realms like the males and females have different abilities. Such as males getting rampaging speed which increases their run speed by 50% for a few seconds and the females getting faerie flight, allowing them to walk on water and slow fall for a bit longer.

Just a rough draft :P but at the mo I'd rather go with goblins and boglings XD
    BRING BACK OLD THE GREATER FAERIE DESIGN! I DEMAND CAPTAIN SHORT BACK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...on-please.html The avatar is not mine! It's Johnjoseco's from deviant art! Go there! Wow, love and joy it! XD

Regardless of how it happens, you've provided the details on how the it is possible for the fae to become a race, so it is definitely something for the devs to possibly keep at the back of their minds if they wanted to create a new race.

In fact, I'm sort of liking Fae quite a bit, and one big reason pops in my mind.

People can get crazy and creative with tons of different wing styles and colors. When Blizz made goblins + worgen playable races in WoW, they recycle a current monster (which is absolutely fine imo) and in the process of doing so added a whole new look and a ton of customization. The current fae model can definitely be seen as a sort of "placeholder", and Trion could build from there. I see more possibilites in appearance in Fae due to the wings than any other possible race. This can give a player's character a unique feeling, and it does sound fun to go crazy with different wings (Making a Cabalist / Deflier / Void Knight etc? Give the Fae black + red evil looking wings and, if you are into RP, can give it a cool backstory like your character getting corrupted).

Exactly, it would give trions races that little edge over blizzard. Yes you get neutral factions pulled in on WoW but if old invaders became your allies wouldn't that be exciting! Fae customization would be immense. I think it would be epic to choose if your faerie flys not, their wing pattern and their overall style! I take back my satyr idea. I feel better idea to make female faerie racials for males too and base it off twyll to make male models.

I think the fae would remenisse on twylls reign before hylas took over and eventually tried to destroy them and also some of them could be quite snarky when it comes to them being the ascended faeries, saying how their leader is an idol as she fought hylas' power while atrophinius was too much of a jughead to fight back. Of course with atrophinius being rescued by Shyla he would be a co-ruler and the fae would only say rude things behind his back.

It even allows the fae to blend with druids fae as then it would just be them calling upon one of their friends to help them out! Tadaaaaaaa!
    BRING BACK OLD THE GREATER FAERIE DESIGN! I DEMAND CAPTAIN SHORT BACK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...on-please.html The avatar is not mine! It's Johnjoseco's from deviant art! Go there! Wow, love and joy it! XD

That's a pretty cool idea, new races overall would be a great addition to the game! We have plenty of classes already.
    Sinister Savant is a no stress PvE & leveling guild on Hailol. Everyone is welcome, join us today!
    Recruiting Thread - Website

+ Reply to Thread