+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Purgwolf

Thread: December Suggestions

Default December Suggestions

That time again for my updated list of Suggestions. Added some new ones, and removed ones that have been put into effect.

Crafting
    1. Change the icon for "imbued leather" to not look like soulhide, & Reinforced Leather to not look like Thick Hide.
    2. An "Are you sure" confirmation would be nice for runbreaking epics.
    3. Corrupted Soul & Malformed Soul should stack to 99.
    4. Allow Master Marks to be traded in for Artisan's Marks.
    5. Would be handy to be able to look into the profession books of our guild mates without needing them to link it, or to even be online. (Could be done through the roster maybe)
    6. When opening a craft book, please make all the sections collapsed, so finding what we want is faster, with less scrolling.
    7. Hide other profession patterns on the Dimensional Pattern Vendor. (ie if you're NOT an Artificer or Apothicary, those would no longer display.)
    8. Please add location names to the crafting dailies for Storm Legion. (ie "Serrik Tavalon in Ursin Grove Bunker)
    9. Make some way to sort the Runecraft Book, having them all in one huge list is a bit overwhelming some times. Weather by Stat it gives, or by item it goes onto.

Social
    1. Add "hide/show" mobile for friends list! We can do it for guild, why not friends list?
    2. Make Friends / ignore lists account bound.
    3. An in-game Calendar would be great. One that would allow us to create events / guild events ahead of time for guild mates / invited people, to see. Show which weekend warfronts are when, and even world events would be good too.
    4. Make the LFG channel an auto-join channel, like Zone, Trade, and all the others that join you to them automatically. Most people don't even know /2 LFG is even there, so it doesn't get used. If we auto join it then I'm sure it will be used.
    5. Events Channel should be default join, or at least put something some where easy to find for people to KNOW it's there. Like the LFG Channel, I'm sure more people would use it if they knew it was there!
    6. Add "Report Name" and "Report Harassment" with the Right Click options.
    7. Make Trade a global channel, so people can use it more often without needing to be in a major city.

Dungeons, Raids, & Chronicles
    1. Add Looking For Raid feature similar to LFG.
    2. Add "Classic Normal" to the Random Feature and seperate it from SL Normals.

Quests
    1. Fishing Derby Tackle box reward should offer Character Level / Skill approprate items, rather then the skill level of the quest.
    2. The quest item "Cloudborne Ice Necklace" continues to drop, even after you complete the quest.

Character
    1. Please! Add weapon slots for our costume! You have been giving us costume weapons but no slots to do it with. If you can make Harbinger turn their mage weapons into wicked 2 handers, why can't you make costume slots? Heck, I don't think most of us will care if the glow effects are removed, to save coding issues.
    2. Add Surnames (last names), or an option to have them.
    3. Allow us to put old event currency into our currency tab. (ie. Molten Gold Ingot, Crystalline Rage, Pyrite Doubloon)
    4. World Event titles should be Account Bound. It can be challenging enough just trying to get them on one character, let alone several.
    5. Achievements account wide.
    6. Add a Zoom in / out for dressing room / wardrobe.
    7. Allow all costume pieces and capes to be Dyed.
    8. Rep gain is not balancing out with level. By time you reach the proper rep to get something, it's not longer worth having.

Vendors
    1. Add a feature to the World Event vendor to spend misc. tokens that are not enough to spend on anything, or that we can no longer spend/collect. Maybe for Planar Attunement tokens or something.
    2. Add Plaque/Mark tokens for Planar Experiance to GMoA & IMoA, and put them back for Plaques! Lower the worth if you have to!

PVP
    1. Report AFK feature for Conquest: to many people just sit in the base not contributing to the battle. Some use the "I'm crafting" excuse, but still are not really helping with the battle, anyone that dies can quickly craft something and return to the fight. We don't need people spending the entire duration of the battle at the tables.
    2. People who leave Raid in Conquest should be ported out.
    3. Allow people be able to opt out of Mercenary for Warfronts.
    4. Allow everyone to mark targets in Warfronts.
    5. Re-Add rewards for taking Extractors in conquest.

Zones & Events
    1. Allow us to queue for specific Instant Adventures, regardless of level. As a 50, I can queue for Ember Isle / Stillmoor / Shimmersand, while in those zones. However, I cannot queue for Freemarch / Stonefield, while in those zones, unless mentored down. So let us pick from a list on the IA screen. (ie being in Meridian and being able to choose to queue for Shimmersand or Silvermoon, or Cape Jule.)
    2. Some event bosses are still not displaying on the maps, please fix!
    3. It seems that no one wants to do Expert Rifts anymore, and Raid Rifts are dying out too. Maybe if rewards for dailies were increased people might do them more often?
    4. Please add a Porticlum to the Pus Swamp.
    5. You can read Rifts on the maps as minor, major, expert, and raid, please add "hunt" to that list.
    6. Allow Dimensions to go higher then level 4. Some of us REALLY get into them, and it sucks to have so much you want to do, and then cap out.
    7. Change "Auroborus Woods" port back to Ursin Grove Bunker.
    8. Storm Legion Dungeons should give Rep to which ever faction zone they are in.
    9. Have guards in major cities tell you where key points are in those cities, or mark them with some sort of icon.
    10. Allow us to move Demension spawn in points.
    11. Allow us to view a map of either region (Mathosia and Brevane/Dusken), regardless of which one we are in.

Pets / Mounts
    1. Mounts should scale with our riding skill.
    2. Crocnard & Turtle Mount should be able to swim without dismounting us.
    3. Make the Crow companion CAW rather then cherp.
    4. RP walk while Mounted.
    5. I would LOVE a wolf mount!
    6. Mounts / Companions account wide.
    7. Please spend more time on Mount rear end art, as that's the part we players have to look at.

Quality of Life
    1. PVP flags to be REMOVED when you zone into a Dungeon / Raid / Chronicle. For those on PVP shards, it would of course be returned once you zone out. (It works in reverse when you do Warfronts or Conquest so why not?)
    2. Add an option on souls, to unlock, rather then to reset. For those of us who only want to change a few points, rather then having to redo the entire thing. Totally willing to pay for the temp unlock, if we didn't have to redo the entire trees each time.
    3. Add achievement tracking.
    4. Hide "completed acheivements" option.
    5. Add "reason" box for Vote Kick, so the player calling for the vote kick, can tell people why they are doing it. (ie: player is AFK, player is DC, this guy wont let the tank make pulls, ect ect.)
    6. Account wide acheivements.

Misc.
    1. Move "You do not have a pet" or "You cannot control your pet while mounted" notices into the combat tab. I had to adjust some macros, if my pet died my screen got flooded with the notice, and I was unable to move the notice to a different tab so I wouldn't have to see it.
    2. Allow IPs from Afghanistan for our Troops!
    3. More character slots would be helpful.
    4. Add a Race Change / Faction change feature, I'm sure people would be willing to pay for this.
    5. RIFT could use a couple TV commercials.

I don't intend for the list to sound like demands, it's just how I happened to write them down.

Also, I know some of these seem "moot" with SL being here, but not everyone has the epxansion yet.
    If I had a super power, it would be the ability to reach through my monitor and slap people.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wow, very good and well thought out suggestions. Let me say that as a long time rifter I completely agree with most of them!

Before I start, here's a few of my own that I've thought of for a while and gotten the idea for from other posts:

1.) More unique guild items and guild rewards! I'd love some guild pride. Maybe a tabard/cape? A crest or item to display on our person? Someone suggested this in a different thread (can't remember who or where, rights go to you for the idea though!) and a guild companion pet or mount unique to each guild or perhaps something we could have a hand in customizing? Or something... Or maybe a multiple choice guild mount? With optional speed increases for higher lvl guilds! Also, a redoing of the guild perks!

2.) New mounts! I love mounts and I'd like to see more of the cool and interesting mounts! Maybe some more mechanized or technilogical mounts?

3.) I've had this silly idea for a new secondary profession, called Astrology (got the idea from watching the CQ skymap for way too long) we could get certain special items or buffs or things from certain stars, could use a telescope, could have our own star mapped out. Maybe we could align our star with that of who we're married to? Something like that! Astrology secondary go go! Hehe just a thought.

4.) Which reminds me about weddings! I'd like more versatility in the wedding instances! A bit more something to make it more meaningful! Maybe a honeymoon instance after ward or something neat like that! And the option to add a surename/last name that we can share? I'd love a last name regardless though! Just make weddings more...I don't know...just more!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Definitely need to organize the runecrafting window better.

Marks being traded in for lesser powerful marks is genius!

I'd LOVE to put my old world event currency in my currency tab!! It drives me NUTS that they take up all kinds of room in my bank (I'm a packrat so I barely have room for everything).

Mount % speed scaling to the speed you purchased is a fantastic idea. I love my simple black horse but he's so slow it makes me frustrated to ride him, but he's one of my favorite mounts! I'd also love to see all kinds of new interesting mounts! IE: Wolf, Corgi (lol), Cat (different models), Undead/Lich? (maybe?), and a dozen other interesting mount models I'd love to see! As well as a few different horse types maybe. I love horses!

In game calander would be handy to display date/day as well as special events and things, guild wise and system wise. It could maybe even keep track of zone events....wait never mind scratch that, those are too sporadic and fleeting. But it would be nice to have a window to track zone events.

I had no idea there was an LFG channel lol! I'll have to try it out sometime.

Looking for Raid feature would be steller. It would be really handy...cept at the same time it brings to mind the laughable attempts Blizz made at this...

Seperathing the normal dungeons would be awesome and handy. I love catagories and organizations.

Weapon wardrobe not all that big on. It would be neat to have but it's not something I'm clamoring and jumping up and down for. If it happens yay, if not, oh well.

I agree with the rep gain/reward thing. I always out lvl all the neat items I want to get from the rep vendors, even the really low lvl ones. I know that they are just low lvl stuff and I'll outlvl them soon enough but I still want to have them, and wear them! And I tend to spend an awefully LONG time running around smelling the roses so it would be nice to get my rep rewards sooner or easier!

Marking targets in warfronts/pvp would be nice. That way everyone knows who the darn healer is and we're not all stupidly fighting the warrior being spam healed to full health while we're being picked off like hens on the roost.

I'd really to qeue for a specific IA, no matter my location. It always frustates me that I can't ever get into Freemarch IA. I didn't realize until I read this post (silly me I know!) that you have to mentor down to get into a Freemarch IA (thanks for that by the way!).

Yay more dimension stuff! Higher uprade from 4, yes! Maybe a rank 5 upgrade? Sounds nice and evenish! And adding of more dimension items is a plus! Woot! I love dimensions! Also, dim spawn location would love to change it!

Walk while mounted would be awesome for RP benefits!!! *nodnod*

Reason box for kicking players would be nice. Oftentimes people don't even pay attention to who their kicking or why...depressing really that they wouldn't care about a fellow player. Course there's good reason to do it too sometimes, but that's what the box would help with!

Good job Purgwolf on the suggestions they are mostly all topnotch and I agree 100% with them!

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Quote Originally Posted by Netherstorm View Post
    Wow, very good and well thought out suggestions. Let me say that as a long time rifter I completely agree with most of them!
    Thank you.

1.) More unique guild items and guild rewards! I'd love some guild pride. Maybe a tabard/cape? A crest or item to display on our person?.......
    Yeah, a Tabard or something would be neet.

In game calander would be handy to display date/day as well as special events and things, guild wise and system wise. It could maybe even keep track of zone events....wait never mind scratch that, those are too sporadic and fleeting. But it would be nice to have a window to track zone events.
    /Join Events to get Event notifications without needing to be in Zone or Level Chat!

I'd really to qeue for a specific IA, no matter my location. It always frustates me that I can't ever get into Freemarch IA. I didn't realize until I read this post (silly me I know!) that you have to mentor down to get into a Freemarch IA (thanks for that by the way!).
    LoL glad to help!

Good job Purgwolf on the suggestions they are mostly all topnotch and I agree 100% with them!
    Thank you so much.
    If I had a super power, it would be the ability to reach through my monitor and slap people.

Hehe, your welcome! Now we just have to hope that Trion sees these and actually reads them and takes them to heart. Even if they don't exactly follow our suggestions, or maybe if they want to modify parts of them, it would be awesome to get a notice or a shout out saying they actually DO read our suggestions!

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

An excellent post, I agree with many of the things on the list. If I think of anything else to add I shall do so at a later point,

I would point out though that if all mounts were to be increased by your overall speed, that some jumping achievements, like the mining pick quest (that you need to complete to get the stonefield achievements overall) would be impossible with a higher speed mount. You have to use a mount for that one that is the lowest speed in order to get the jump properly. Perhaps have all mounts able to scale, but then be able to choose how fast it goes would get around that.
    Harrier the Corgimancer

Lots of great suggestions. I do see one potential problem, though:

Make Friends / ignore lists account bound.
    Ignore list, certainly. Friend list... I'm skeptical. They would have to change dimension permissions for me to jump on board that one, and it's said permissions that's the only thing keeping me from cheering that idea on.

I have my dimensions opened up to friends -- full permissions. I have my main dimension on an alt, and I keep his friend list minimal. On my main, I'm likely to just add various people I hardly know. Did I like RPing with Squiggerdoodle? Let me add him to my friend list and make a note of what a nifty guy he is. Is Sheepbringer a great tank who loves to run random dungeons with friendly people? Let me add him, and maybe we can group up again sometime! These aren't people I want editing my dimension, though, and while I doubt they would really come in and start moving things, I always fear that there will be that ONE troll who would come in and take my items or destroy my dimension.

Unless they changed it so that your alts automatically have edit permission, I have to set full permissions to edit my alt's dimension on my main character. And even if it is now alt-friendly, my ikea boy still needs to be able to drop and pick things up.

I'm also skeptical about the account-wide achievements. Sometimes, I really just like to start over from scratch on a fresh slate. If I already have a good many achievements on the new character from my main, they wont be nearly as fun to get on the alt.
    Last edited by Astyr; 12-23-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Astyr
    Main Character: Warden/Sentinel ~ Cleric
    Guild: N/A | Faction: Defiants | Server: Harrow (US RP-PVP)

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Purgwolf View Post
    That time again for my updated list of Suggestions. Added some new ones, and removed ones that have been put into effect.

Crafting
    1. Allow Master Marks to be traded in for Artisan's Marks.
    1. Also allow Grandmaster Marks to be traded for Master Marks

2. When opening a craft book, please make all the sections collapsed, so finding what we want is faster, with less scrolling.
    That, or at least put the quest (daily/weekly) at the top of the list, so I don't have to scroll to get to "Quest". Artificer is especially bad as "Quest" in the middle of the list.

Social
  1. Add "hide/show" mobile for friends list! We can do it for guild, why not friends list?
    [/quote]
    Change the "Hide/Show" mobile for the guild list so if a character is online on mobile only and "hide mobile" is selected, they show as being offline, instead of not showing at all.

[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I will only address the certain points I have comments, it's a nice long list of great suggestions with quite a few excellent must-have ones

NB: Because your list is so long my comments might seem numerous, if you consider them my only real opposition in that list of yours is my belief each character needs to earn their own things.

Quote Originally Posted by Purgwolf View Post
    Hide other profession patterns on the Dimensional Pattern Vendor. (ie if you're NOT an Artificer or Apothicary, those would no longer display.)
    Only if you have a way to expand it out to a full list, as you see in other places with the little checkbox down the bottom. I am often decorating and think, who makes that item. I would hate to log through all my alts looking at the list.

Make Trade a global channel, so people can use it more often without needing to be in a major city.
    I feel it may become barren's chat. It could be a dangerous thing, but then, the tools are there to clean that up so it's probably not too bad.

Add Looking For Raid feature similar to LFG.
    Raids need a specific make-up of characters and they really need vent/mumble/teamspeak/whatever to succeed. I fear that forming a raid the old fashioned way is best.

What might work is a fill in list, where you can put down your name and raid formers can look through it and easily message you and ask "What's your hit", "we are forming now and will need 4 hours - do you have that time?" or whatever they wish to ask.

Add "Classic Normal" to the Random Feature and seperate it from SL Normals.
    That reduces the ability for the system to help people at lower levels by pulling you in and forcing a mentor, even if you didn't tick the mentor box. In theory I would have thought you would not be assigned into a grey dungeon unless those people down there really really needed you, in which case it would seem to be the nice thing to do for them.

Add Surnames (last names), or an option to have them.
    I'd love it! but it's a naming standard nightmare, especially with a little creative use of titles. Unlike chat it's harder to ignore an offensive name and it seems our GMs have a real difference of opinion to me at least on what is and isn't offensive.

World Event titles should be Account Bound. It can be challenging enough just trying to get them on one character, let alone several
    Achievements account wide.
    This is our only real disagreement point. Sorry. I strongly feel the title/acheivement has to be earnt on that character.

People who leave Raid in Conquest should be ported out.
    Allow people be able to opt out of Mercenary for Warfronts.
    Mercs are needed for balance. Who you PvP against should not be so personally offensive that you can't stand to be on the same side. There is a point roleplay has to stop and good-sportsmanship take over. Especially now the two sides are at truce, in lore.

Allow Dimensions to go higher then level 4. Some of us REALLY get into them, and it sucks to have so much you want to do, and then cap out.
    This is likely to be a system limitation. More items mean more rendering and more memory, with that comes an FPS and a real network cost. I think they have a good reason for the limit.

Change "Auroborus Woods" port back to Ursin Grove Bunker.
    This makes me think... put a rez point near there. It's a very long run back should you die in the woods!

Make the Crow companion CAW rather then cherp.
    They changed it to a crow's arrrrrk Like Landslide I wish they had of left it alone.

Mounts / Companions account wide.
    As before, these need to be earnt per character.

Please spend more time on Mount rear end art, as that's the part we players have to look at.
    Please remove the poop-flap and give us back Landslide's original cute buttcheeks. :P

Account wide acheivements.
    you have duplicated this one. I still feel things have to be earnt by character.

It's a good wish list, please don't let my small number of comments and effectively a single real opposition detract from that!
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    འགྲོ་རྣམས་བྱང་ཆུབ་ཐོབ་ཕྱིར་དུ། །

Quote Originally Posted by Astyr View Post
    Unless they changed it so that your alts automatically have edit permission, I have to set full permissions to edit my alt's dimension on my main character. And even if it is now alt-friendly, my ikea boy still needs to be able to drop and pick things up.

You can, I edit my alts dimensions all the time, and always have since we first got them, and none of my permissions allow anyone to mess with anything.

--

As far as the crow "aaarrrk" mine still tweets...

In response to the OP:
    • Make some way to sort the Runecraft Book, having them all in one huge list is a bit overwhelming some times. Weather by Stat it gives, or by item it goes onto.

Good idea, and the auction house search needs the same thing.

• Make Friends / ignore lists account bound.

This has been a very popular request for a long time. I'm not sure why it hasn't been implemented yet but it needs to be.

• Make Trade a global channel, so people can use it more often without needing to be in a major city.

No thanks. It would be horribly abused by gold spammers and other degenerate forms of life.

• Add Looking For Raid feature similar to LFG.

This would be nice, but it would need more detail such as raid roles and if the player has ever completed that raid.

• Please! Add weapon slots for our costume! You have been giving us costume weapons but no slots to do it with. If you can make Harbinger turn their mage weapons into wicked 2 handers, why can't you make costume slots? Heck, I don't think most of us will care if the glow effects are removed, to save coding issues.

I love my glow effects. I would be very upset if they were removed. No, I am not joking. But yes to weapon wardrobe slots.

• Add Surnames (last names), or an option to have them.

Yes, please!

• Achievements account wide.

No thanks, too easy-mode.

• Allow all costume pieces and capes to be Dyed.

I agree with this.

• Add a feature to the World Event vendor to spend misc. tokens that are not enough to spend on anything, or that we can no longer spend/collect. Maybe for Planar Attunement tokens or something.

This would be nice.

• Report AFK feature for Conquest: to many people just sit in the base not contributing to the battle. Some use the "I'm crafting" excuse, but still are not really helping with the battle, anyone that dies can quickly craft something and return to the fight. We don't need people spending the entire duration of the battle at the tables.
    • People who leave Raid in Conquest should be ported out.

Both of these sound great.

• Have guards in major cities tell you where key points are in those cities, or mark them with some sort of icon.

Great idea!

• Mounts should scale with our riding skill.

Only if we get a speed slider bar under options. I want to be able to keep pace with friends and groupmates when mentoring down, not doing the stop-and-go thing.

• Mounts / Companions account wide.

Again, too easy mode.

• Account wide acheivements.

Same as the other account wide suggestions. No thanks.

• Allow IPs from Afghanistan for our Troops!

Bad idea. This would be an OPSEC (Operational Security) nightmare for reasons too numerous to go into here.

• Add a Race Change / Faction change feature, I'm sure people would be willing to pay for this.

I wouldn't. A free, one-time-only race change for all characters created before the faction barrier came down and no gender change please. This isn't Bangkok for crying out loud.

Rift Chaser

i agreed only to things that doesn't nerf the game. i hate too easy mode. expert level stuff - trion should up ante on rewards for an incentive instead of nerf it.

btw - i am a casual who likes grinding, challenging things and i have one healthy hand to play the great game.

• + Reply to Thread