+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By aabuster1
  • 1 Post By Renley

Thread: SL Expert Bosses need to reward something beyond loot...

Default SL Expert Bosses need to reward something beyond loot...

1. You run out of daily rewards for expert dungeons.
    2. Soon enough everyone will have all the expert gear they want.
    3. There needs to be some reward for doing expert dungeons beyond the daily random and gear in the dungeons or the dungeons will be empty.

So the SL expert dungeon bosses need to reward something to keep players coming back. Infinity stone is something I can think of, but even that will become obsolete in quick order. Perhaps a combination of or random reward of items such as planarite, sourcestone, infinity stones, marks, inscribed, etc...

The main point is that to keep SL dungeons active they need to have some reward for each boss that can be used regardless of current gear level.

Telaran

In the past they started awarding raid marks from the random dungeon once the next tier of raid gear comes out. I wouldn't be surprised if they did this again. Everything right now is quite current. There's no reason to add anything else to dungeons until it becomes antiquated.

Quote Originally Posted by Albrech View Post
    In the past they started awarding raid marks from the random dungeon once the next tier of raid gear comes out. I wouldn't be surprised if they did this again. Everything right now is quite current. There's no reason to add anything else to dungeons until it becomes antiquated.
    While that may be true, I feel like there needs to be something more to experts. After the 7 are used up, there is little to no reason to run experts right now(assuming you have everything that can be dropped). A mark or two from the last boss would be welcome, or more dimension items, or PA crystals like in the Chronicle. Lots of options!

perhaps after you use up the 7 dailies you only get 1 mark instead of 4 if you random?
    or 4 infinity stones
    Last edited by krabcat; 12-22-2012 at 07:47 AM.
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

I don't understand why people keep asking for this. Why would you want to keep running dungeons over and over like this? You're probably going to have at least half a year before you see new dungeons, do you really want to burn out on them already?

My main character is raid ready for both tank and DPS roles, and I have never seen my expert turn counter hit 0 since SL came out.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

I would greatly enjoy dungeons more if they gave out more than just gold per each kill... especially after you've used up all of your bonuses.

For example:
    - Notoriety / rep, 150 per kill(?)
    - Infinity Stone(s), one or two per kill?
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    I don't understand why people keep asking for this. Why would you want to keep running dungeons over and over like this? You're probably going to have at least half a year before you see new dungeons, do you really want to burn out on them already?

My main character is raid ready for both tank and DPS roles, and I have never seen my expert turn counter hit 0 since SL came out.

What are you trying to accomplish?
    Because dungeons are my favorite thing to do??? You can your apply this logic to anything in rift... Why would you want to do the same raid, instant adventures, daily quests, or anything else for that matter? Apply your logic to raiding - oh boy - the game ceases to exist.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by aabuster1 View Post
    Because dungeons are my favorite thing to do??? You can your apply this logic to anything in rift... Why would you want to do the same raid, instant adventures, daily quests, or anything else for that matter? Apply your logic to raiding - oh boy - the game ceases to exist.
    Reading comprehension... its hard bro.

His post was referring to endlessly grinding the dungeons... why would you want to burn out... then he goes on to say you can get geared for 2 roles without hitting 0 on the random bonus (skeptical).

You proceed by saying that we should apply this to raids? Im sorry but you cant grind raids due to a lockout. You can wipe on a boss over and over, but that is progression.

Imo if dungeons are your favorite thing to do, you will do them reguardless of the rewards.
    Last edited by Reticularize; 12-22-2012 at 09:35 AM.

This already does apply to raids, once you have all the gear/marks from a raid, there is no other incentive to do it outside of helping other guildies gear up or getting achievs.

+ Reply to Thread