+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 8 Character Slots

Default 8 Character Slots

Many have inquired about this, but I thought I'd put in my request.

Reasons for 8 character slots per server:

1.) With the recently updated server memory and stability to be able to house more players per server and data in general, it makes more sense to let us have 8 character slots.
    2.) Two factions, 4 callings. Having 8 slots means we can have one of each calling on each faction if we so desired, evening out the server lineup considerably.
    3.) I've had to transfer characters out to other servers in hopes that some day I can bring back my alts to more character slots. I'd like to have my family in one place!
    4.) Aside from each server housing more data, we're only logged onto one character per account at a time, so it doesn't really disrupt server stablity as mentioned above, but having higher stability may or may not effect server latency (just a theory on my end).

If anyone else has a reason as to why this isn't all that bad of an idea and I failed to mention it, feel free to do so!

Thanks for reading!

Soulwalker

Default More Character Slots

I agree completely. I want to be able to make a myriad of characters to play, and feel very limited by 6. As it stands now I have 4 Guardians and 2 Defiant, and I would like to be able to add more Defiant.

At this point in time, it would just make a lot more sense to at least for now add 2 more character slots, and then perhaps in the next expansion if the community wants more, then add another 2 character slots.

Give us our Christmas Present by adding 2 additional character slots. Btw Merry Christmas to Scott and the rest of the Rift team

Unfortunately, we have received no response on this issue, despite people asking for more slots since about, well, launch. WoW is up to 11... get it together, Trion!
    There is no such thing as "free to play" in the MMO world. If nobody was paying, the game would shut down, and you wouldn't be playing. Piggybacking and getting a free/cheap ride on people who do pay doesn't make a game "free to play", it just means someone else is paying for it.

Well they can add the option to buy 1 slot for $5.
    "No pain, No Gain"
    "The supposition that the newcomers need to "learn to play" or "do better" is silly. ~Daglar"

Quote Originally Posted by megathalios View Post
    Well they can add the option to buy 1 slot for $5.

NO.

No freaking cash shop messes up in here.

Vanity mounts, fine. Character slots, no way.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by JinseiNGC224 View Post
    Aside from each server housing more data, we're only logged onto one character per account at a time, so it doesn't really disrupt server stablity as mentioned above, but having higher stability may or may not effect server latency (just a theory on my end).
    I've often wondered about this when it used to be possible to create a character on a highly populated server while being restricted from moving a character to that server.

If Trion charged for transfers as Blizzard did, then it would make financial sense to restrict the character slots.

Having noticed a lot of things done recently by Trion I have concluded that they have gender, based on this quote from an old sixties movie:

"Never be too disturbed if you don't understand what a woman is thinking. They don't do it very often"

it wil never happen because multiboxing botters will be able to run with only one account instead of two
    who took my names!

Plane Walker

Default interesting logic

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    it wil never happen because multiboxing botters will be able to run with only one account instead of two
    Please explain the thinking here, as I currently see no connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    How? You can only be logged into one character at a time, per account.

Default Yes

I definitely would like this. 8 slots sounds perfect.

I'd be overjoyed with this as well. I have 2 defiants and 2 gaurdians (all 50+) plus 2 banking alts that are rapidly running out of space....

also wish they'd add some extra storage to our housing, but I don't see that happening.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by JinseiNGC224 View Post
    Many have inquired about this, but I thought I'd put in my request.

Reasons for 8 character slots per server:

1.) With the recently updated server memory and stability to be able to house more players per server and data in general, it makes more sense to let us have 8 character slots.
    2.) Two factions, 4 callings. Having 8 slots means we can have one of each calling on each faction if we so desired, evening out the server lineup considerably.
    3.) I've had to transfer characters out to other servers in hopes that some day I can bring back my alts to more character slots. I'd like to have my family in one place!
    4.) Aside from each server housing more data, we're only logged onto one character per account at a time, so it doesn't really disrupt server stablity as mentioned above, but having higher stability may or may not effect server latency (just a theory on my end).

If anyone else has a reason as to why this isn't all that bad of an idea and I failed to mention it, feel free to do so!

Thanks for reading!
    I imagine that to Trion they see no reason to expand the amount of characters allowed. They can see one of each class easily and maybe a few extra. If you give the players eight characters, one for each class and each faction, next people will be asking for twenty-four character slots. Three races per calling, four callings per faction. Then they'll be asking for forty-eight character slots; three races, two genders, four callings, two factions. It's the same logic they use for role slots, give them 100 roles and they'll ask for 101.

I agree that with taking away shards they should have increased character slots to make room for all the alts but at what point do we draw the line? If in the future they expand it to eight character slots that's fine, but I'd prefer they fix some of the issues that are currently in the game instead of adding more stuff.

Rift Disciple

More character slots per server would be greatly appreciated. After having to move servers 3 times due to my shards becoming trial shards, I finally had to move my mains onto the server my alts lived on, which meant abandoning my Guardian and bank alt on some other shard. I rather want my guardian and bank alts back with my other characters, but its not going to happen without more character slots.

Additionally, I would really love to be able to build a couple more dimensions!

I would never pay any amount of money for more character slots in this game. I don't play a subscription game to be pelted with cheesy attempts at swindling extra money out of customers.

I also agree! I'd love to have a few extra character slots. I play primarily Defiant but I'd love to have a few Guardian alts so I can experience the Guardian lore. But I can't when my slots are taken up my RP characters! *sadface* I'm constantly reshuffling, deleting characters, or moving them off realm so I can make room for an extra character I want to add to my RP arsenal. It drives me crazy that I can't keep all the characters I want. Even if we had 8 slots so I can have a nice balance of 4 and 4, than I'd be happy! Or even just one more! *puppy eyes*. Perhaps in a future patch? Maybe?

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

Soulwalker

I also want the 2 extra slots so I can have 4 of each faction. I would even pay $5 per.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast