+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Dimension Item Count

Default Dimension Item Count

Let me first off say that I adore the dimensions. The concept is so far beyond what I thought Trion would ever give to us, considering they seemed to have no intention of doing housing when Rift first was brought out. Dimensions are amazing, and I look forward to collecting more in the future when they are brought out (nudge nudge, snowy yule dimension please!).

Saying that, the item count of dimensions has been a sticking point for me since release, even with the recent increase that was done.

I think that if you are using the items as intended (such as a table as a table), it is unlikely that you will reach the item cap. However those of us who get more creative with the items, creating new items from those given (such as making a spiral staircase using tables or building an entire village around a waterfall) then the item limit suddenly becomes a very limiting thing. The more creatively you use items, the more you tend to use. I am not merely talking from my own experience, but from friends who also like creating new things like this.

The other issue, yet a related one, is the item count given to each dimension depending on the cost of the key. The cheaper the key, the less of an item count you have. This might seem like a fair way to do it, but it means that if you want the item count to be creative, you are limited to a certain number of dimensions, and lets be truthful here, the setting of a dimension is very much down to personal taste.

I for one have thus far chosen Breach Chamber, one of the smallest dimensions, because I adore the lighting and walls in it, and Faen's Retreat because of the space and flexibility it offers. However both of these dimensions have a very limiting item count, and as a result, I have not been able to finish the dimensions as I would like. There is so much I want to do with them, and yet I cannot.

As I cannot believe that Trion would knowingly put barriers in people's way to being creative in their most recent drive to find new players (and give existing ones what they begged for), I can only assume that they didn't think it would be much of an issue. Well, to me and those like me, it isn't just an issue, it is a frustratingly irritating one.

So what I propose is this:
    • Have the keys graded on size, costing differently dependant on that as it is now
    • Have each dimension able to be upgraded to have no item count, even the smallest ones
    • Keep the item count upgrades the same price for all dimensions. If people want more item count, by all means make them pay, but do put it in.

People are already putting more money back into the rift economy when they are putting a ton of items into dimensions since each item costs as well as the keys and space upgrades, and the extra item count should not affect lagg on the servers since each dimension is instanced.
    Harrier the Corgimancer

I second this motion.
    <Infitialis> Raid Leader - Rogue - Carbondioxide@Deepwood - P90

#PVPJAZZHANDS

Totally agree. I built my dimension in the starter dimension. And it's rocking. Don't want it erased, nor do I want to start all over.

That should also be changed, so that dimensions don't erase each other.

But item cap need to change.

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

I agree! Even though I own a dimension which caps out around 1260, this is still not enough. Not nearly enough.

When you consider all the space available in Dimensions, the item count only covers a very small part.

Also, I HATE the fact theer are things in the scenes that force me to build my model elsewhere. Items like trees and plants that penetrate my model. So I had to build a part of my model above everything, which also means that I have to waste lots of item parts getting the player to the actual part I want them to see.

I'm thinking if these annoying items are removed, there could potentially be more space available for the player to have more items as well.

I mentioned this in feedbak before, but it would be cool if a plain dimension key was available. You got no scenary, just a base grid to work on. That way there could be a higher item limit, people can create absolutely anything without trees plants and rocks penetrating models and also not having to try and cover up areas to hide form the player. I'm creating a space scene, however it's not very spacey when you see fricken waterfalls a few hundred yards down.

Great idea - dimensions - just needs to be executed a bit better.

I agree 100% with everything posted so far.

+1
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

I to would love more items .For those of us totally hooked on building our dimensions we run out of space so fast and not all of us love dormant core enough to live there forever hehe.

Default In total Agreement

I too am a Dimension addict, I have 5 already and run out of space so fast, for instance the dinner table in Granny's Pantry took over 50 items and thats just the table never mind the kitchen itself., which is just one room. I have so many great ideas and no space. 2000 items is just a drop in the ocean of my imagination. I cannot understand why there is a limit in the first place, if you want people to really use dimensions as you advertised in all your hype then we really need you Trion to at least tripple this cap or take away the cap completely.
    Hugs and Cookies Rift Granny

Would love more dimension item slots too.

But can someone tell me about this mystical spiral staircase out of tables? I've been trying to build a spiral staircase for a while from a few different items, and the main problem I have is getting a decent railing so you don't fly off if you snag on something.

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post

But can someone tell me about this mystical spiral staircase out of tables?
    Will message you
    Harrier the Corgimancer

Shadowlander

Supporting this as well.

Just reached my limit (okay only 909/1000 atm, but I'm not even a quarter finished) designing what I intend to be the most difficult maze in the rift dimensions.

It's going to be amazing. But sadly, the vast majority of the maze will be big empty rooms, as each floor's walls alone take roughly 100 tiles. And it has 8 floors, with a really awesome free-form tunnel system that took at least 600 tiles.

I don't mind paying for the item limit to be increased, I don't mind paying a LOT (to give you an idea, when it's ready I'll be offering 1k plat to the first person who can navigate the maze in under 3 hours). But 1000 items isn't nearly enough

Your dimension sounds amazing, I will have to check it out when it is done. I hope you get it finished to your satisfaction
    Harrier the Corgimancer

Telaran

Agree as well completely....1000/1000 and just stuck incomplete and frustrated....
    +1 for no item cap! =]

Soulwalker

I totally agree with this as I am addicted to housing. I loved the EQ2 system and the dimensions so far are good. I choose Dolcega Valley due to the open space and it is HUGE. Much to my dismay it has a 400 item limit.

I built my house over the water and made the water the basement and turned it into an indoor pool and hot tub. Unfortunately just the basement and first floor of the building took almost 200 items and I haven't even started decorating. I would love to really spend more time and money on my dimension but I will max out very quickly.

Trion, please increase the item limit, especially on the dimensions that have a lot of room to be creative.

+1 for no item cap.

I mean cmon...http://eudimensions.files.wordpress....3940.jpg?w=900

I go in-depth with my building lol Takes a lot of items even for small structures!

I'd also like to see the item count increased. It's an amazing system, and I've found myself spending the last week forgoing all of the usual dungeon crawling and rep grinding to play house... and it's FUN. It's easy to get into the somewhat mindless habit of just doing dailies in an MMO, so it's great to have dimensions as a completely new way to play and be a little creative for a change. It's an entirely new way to hang out and play in a sandbox and have something to show for the time spent; not a shiny new piece of gear drop, but something creative and unique.

But hitting the limit at 500 in Dolcega Vally was disappointing. I've been making inlaid floors and tiled roofs; I'm not quite finished building the house, let alone furnishing it, and I'm at the item limit.

I hope you consider raising the item limit. I won't hold my breath 'til I turn blue, and yes, I may be greedy, but I'm having a blast and don't want to sacrifice creativity for an artificial limit.
    Last edited by Vaishevik; 12-31-2012 at 09:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast