+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Tufelhunden
  • 1 Post By Liltizzy

Thread: Who you feel about a WHOLE CONTINENT that is made of multiple seamless Dimension?

Default Who you feel about a WHOLE CONTINENT that is made of multiple seamless Dimension?

Who you feel about a WHOLE CONTINENT that is made of multiple seamless Dimension?

Imagine this for a moment -

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ur-d56xvys.jpg
    that is a picture of the game world.

Now split up the map into many small hexagons
    similar to how this image of a map has done.
    http://dc396.4shared.com/img/m55lHKv...with_hexes.jpg

Each Hexagon is a player owned Dimension, with larger hexagons being Guild owned Dimensions.

Now each Dimensional Hexagon is seamlessly connected to another nearby Hexagon.

So its up to players to socialize larger cross dimension projects with nearby players.

And like normal Dimensions, this is totally separated from the normal game world continent.

Would something like this interest you?

I can picture a large neighborhood of housing, and buildings, and even huge forest made by players. something huge and amazing could be made.

totally would bump up the replay value of the game.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Above is PvE

Below is PvP version
    -------------------------------------------

Same concept as the PvE version, instead this mode, you are constantly flagged two one of the three Conquest Factions while playing in the Dimensional World Map. Can build Forts and things that are destroyable. Hexagons can be captured and controlled, allowing building in that area. Special Resource locations are placed on the map that can be captured and controlled, to allow your faction to build more in the local hexagons on that nearby area.

This could really spice up PvP.

Thats true Sandbox PvP. none of that FFA/Full Loot crap that call itself Sandbox PvP (looking at Darkfall, and Mortal Online)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ok what you think about such a feature, regarding PvE, and PvP?

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

I would prefer just being able to draw a shape on the map and purchase the area drawn as a dimension, when I get around to making one.

notice time grammer error. Who should be How.

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Interesting and I certainly applaud the time that you took to convey your idea here.

It's not for me. Not everyone in this game (or in these forums, for that matter) can even bother to try to be civil or respectful to one another. I'm quite content to try to stay as far away from the ***hattery as possible and my luck, I'd quite possibly end up living in the middle of mudd-slinging fests. I already come to RIFT to escape that kinda crap in RL.

I like Tufel's idea. There are some truly beautiful spots in this game not represented yet in the existing dimension options. It would be neat to be able to snag some more.

(...just one little opinion)

I like your idea and like the others, I appreciate the time and effort you put into it- not sure how well logistically it would work though, but no harm in brainstorming! I kind of was hoping initially that this was similar to how dimensions would be implemented, non-instanced, but I'm pleased with how they are now even in their first iteration. I look forward to what they will become, and what new dimensions will be added.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

+ Reply to Thread