+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mount Speed Across Alts

Default Mount Speed Across Alts

Would be really neat QOL change if our alts got the highest mount speed we have.

For example, I buy 120% speed mount. Right now, the speed applies across all mounts I have on that character. With this change, the speed would apply across all mounts I have on that character and on any alts.

Could (theoretically) restrict the increase based on level too, i.e. in the 120% speed example, I wouldn't get the increase unless my alt was at least level 50. Same idea for level 60 and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    Would be really neat QOL change if our alts got the highest mount speed we have.

For example, I buy 120% speed mount. Right now, the speed applies across all mounts I have on that character. With this change, the speed would apply across all mounts I have on that character and on any alts.

Could (theoretically) restrict the increase based on level too, i.e. in the 120% speed example, I wouldn't get the increase unless my alt was at least level 50. Same idea for level 60 and so on.
    It's a bad idea anyway but just wanted to get in before the 'why not give everyone full raid gear' brigade.

Rift Disciple

I would typically agree that this is a bad idea, but they decided it was a good idea for all the top speed (150%) mounts to require Glorified with some faction AND 1000p, which is inaccessible to any alts. So I'm totally on board with unreasonable ideas like this, so long as you have a scaling mount on said alts. (Not like there's not enough available.)

Related!
    With the extremely limited models of the new SL mounts, I thought it would be nice if we could pay a small fee to "upgrade" our old mounts to speed scaling. (Seriously, I mean small, like 1/2 the initial purchase price up to ~5p.) I miss my plain old chocolate horse and tawny vaiyuu. And when I finally do get glorified and stop bleeding plat into my dimensions long enough to build up 1000p, I'm really going to miss my big furry Icewatch mount! The bear just does not compare.

Quote Originally Posted by LilliumElessa View Post
    I would typically agree that this is a bad idea, but they decided it was a good idea for all the top speed (150%) mounts to require Glorified with some faction AND 1000p, which is inaccessible to any alts. So I'm totally on board with unreasonable ideas like this, so long as you have a scaling mount on said alts. (Not like there's not enough available.)
    Yeah, this is basically what made me think of it. If it wasn't for the 1k plat thing, it wouldn't have even crossed my mind.

I just don't see what automatically makes it a bad idea. I guess you could argue that Trion is losing a plat sink by doing it, but that's about it and I've never even come close to having anything like 1k plat on any of my alts.

Soulwalker

So I can understand how this might be nice to have but really 150,300,1k plat really isn't much if you are in the level bracket that you should be to use the mount such as a lvl 10 couldn't possibly own a 1k plat mount..however a lvl 60 could quite easily

Sort of, but I mean, plat comes from playing the game. I play my alts, but it's probably like a 90% vs. 10% time comparison between my main and my alts, and it took a concerted effort to get 1k plat on my main. Not saying it was hard - just time-consuming.

I look at it kind of like the reasoning for wanting account-bound PA (which I am very glad we have). It's a time-consuming goal to get a 1k plat mount and it would detract from my main in some ways to reach it.

I'm curious to know what opposing arguments there might be to this idea, other than development effort which is a given, because I'm not seeing much at the moment.

+ Reply to Thread