+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dimensions: Poll says 100% of readers want Dimensions forum

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Default Dimensions: Poll says 100% of readers want Dimensions forum

"Dear Trion

The reading public of Rift forums want a Dimensions forum. The dimensioneers need a forum of their own to discuss and encourage this new-fangled idea of yours. Its a baby and it needs love and support. The non-dimensioneers want to stop sifting through the handfuls of ever increasing dimensions posts cluttering up their forums. We openly acknowledge that this forum will be filled with news, ideas, inspiration and many, many screenshots of dimensions. Give us a space of our own to inhabit and well endevour to grow into it.

This blatantly biased poll shows that 100% of your reading public want a dimensions forum. When do we want it? We want it now! Please.

Love, your faithful customers."

All joking aside, Trion, it is getting increasingly difficult to find dimension themed threads. The search engine does not pick up all dimension threads and is picking up guild advertisements declaring the guild's dimension owning status. The random noise makes it harder to find and support the dimensions community.

We do have a budding dimensions community, with items databases and blogs. It could do with the support of a forum, both advertise in and collect information from.

Please Trion, give us a space to grow in comfort. But if a forum is not on the cards, could you explain why and put us out of our misery so we can make other arrangements to find our community?

Sincerely

The Stylish Radish.

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

Plane Touched

Yeah, for something to be such a pushed feature of your expansion you'd think they'd have a proper place to discuss it.

Plane Touched

Aaand moved to a cobwebbed corner of the forums.

Bravo.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I love how the only options are yes, yes, yes and yes, o.O. I guess I'll vote yes!

Quote Originally Posted by psychopsilocybin View Post
    Perhaps you are right, psychopsilocybin, that a dimensions forum will gather dust. It is up to the dimensions community to make sure it is used. I've found the best way to enthuse people is to a) be enthusiastic yourself and b) ensure information is freely available to inform and inspire your community.

Dimensioneers need that easily located spot to meet up with other like minds. Mayhap we'll only ever be a small section of the Rift public but we'll be an enthusiastic one!

Bravo.
    Assuming you mean that this thread was moved to Suggestions.

It's true that people don't post/read it as often as General, but Trion does pay attention to it. They do read threads, they just don't comment on them, because that's a ton of work to comment on every suggestion people put forth, and it may appear that they like some ideas more than others if they only comment on some.

EDIT: oh, and yes, dimension forums would be great, the thread we started in the Community Creations forum is nice, but kinda hard to start a new topic in it.
    Last edited by xanduin246; 12-16-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Yeah, for something to be such a pushed feature of your expansion you'd think they'd have a proper place to discuss it.
    I've been thinking the same thing. I was really surprised that such a forum wasn't added when SL was released. Kind of strange for such a hyped feature, and it's a major feature. I bet it would be moreso if Trion would only nurture it a bit.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

/agree

Would like to have a place to discuss dimensions, building strategies, where the coolest stuff drops,etc
    recently found a floating barrel drop and have been running that instance repeatedly to get more.
    would like to know what others have gotten and where :P

Edit : stuff and things
    Last edited by Rigenmucha; 12-16-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    Guardians: Rigenmucha R75 Elistianna R75 Yoalticitl R55 Vucubcaquix R52
    Defiants: Rigenmucha 50 Elistianna 30 Hanalicelani 40 Tetzauhteotl 54

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarama View Post
    Perhaps you are right, psychopsilocybin, that a dimensions forum will gather dust. It is up to the dimensions community to make sure it is used.
    Doh - I see what you mean psycho - we've been moved off to suggestions. I'm such a noob at this forums thing, I didn't even know to check. Sorry for the mixed communications.

Hello Trion, any update on a Dimensions Forum? A yes or a no with explanation would be nice. Or just creating one and surprising us all - that would be a great gift .

Poor ol' Community Creations is taking the hit as our default home. I wonder how the real community creators feel about having their section invaded by dimensions. Not that the forums were jumping before dimensions, but now anyone wanting to display their creations just get lost in the dimensions chat.

I'm not sure Community Creations the right place as dimensions aren't community creations. Nor are videos about dimensions community creations, any more than videos about PvP or raiding is a community creation.

While dimensions may be artistic and easily confused with a community creation, they are a part of game play. Just as PvP and raiding are a part of game play. Least, that's my opinion.

What's your opinion, Trion? A light piece of fluff or a serious avenue of game play for your customers?

Community Creations was a section that came out of the previous "Creative content" categories being merged into one (It used to be separate for stories, videos etc) - The sections were rarely visited, and imo Community Creations wasn't really visited much after the consolidation either. I think when they launched Storm Legion they figured Dimension related stuff could just go there, and perhaps give the section a boost. Whilst being specific is all well and good, and definitely a convenience in terms of finding what you want, I actually have a feeling that the previous frequent posters in CC have a higher benefit of there being more traffic in the section now, because of the dimensions. Personally I wouldn't like to see CC fall back into being a so-called cobweb section.
    As far as I can see, it's not like threads will get bumped off page one that fast either - I haven't posted there much so I don't have much to compare with, but this is an assumption I could make about the section.

I feel that dimensions is a very creative part of Rift, something that we haven't had much of prior to the features implementation. I feel that there's more art over dimensions than for example screenshots (which have always been a part of CC, even through it's not "created" as such by the player) because there's actual player involvement in it. Just like art, you can spend a great many hours on a dimension and call it a personal masterpiece.

What could be good is if they would update the descriptions of the various sections to clarify a bit more about where they want what. Alternatively they could create a subsection somewhere to contain only discussions/feedback/knowledge about dimensions, filtering out the videos and screenshots.

*puts her two silvers in a box*

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

A Dimensions forum is coming! Wanted to get it up before the New Year but expansion, holidays, etc. happened

Thanks for your feedback and enthusiasm for Dimensions - we've got some great plans to let you show it off coming in the near future!
    Last edited by Elrar; 01-10-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Soulwalker

thanks elrar for the update an thanks radish for such a great site.ooh an elrar check out out ktars place on greybrair ya ran threw my maze in beta (zakura)i have 2 barkeeps fer ya in the maze this time

Totally Agree. Let's bring in the Dimension community together and share homes, decorating ideas, etc. to Rift.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Thank you. I can,t wait I need a forum spot full of happiness and rainbows soo bad. Creative gamers are most affected by grumpy gooses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast