+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: So I've been adding people to Ignore just like you all suggested...

Default So I've been adding people to Ignore just like you all suggested...

I have a big problem on my server where people who have OCD are constantly barraging general chat with trade, dimension and guild spam.... and even a couple idiots now trying to sell website design, and imaging services. (Like really?)

So after voicing my concerns on these forums and in game, I've been told to use ignore as one of my option. So I have been. I shut my yap about the issues... and starting just discreetly adding to my ignore list.

After a short 4 days of play, today I log in to suddenly start to see people I put on ignore 4 days ago... wicked... so I guess the list hits a limit and then removes the oldest and adds the new person to the list... how AWESOME is that??

Why do you not have any tools for general chat? Why is it I am meant to make a choice: turn off general chat or just live with parts of the chat that I don't want to see?

I'm actually tired of this now. I had to do this on 3 alts that I play on and now I find out this aspect to ignore.... that means that all of those people I ignored was just a temporary placebo.

SOLUTION: give the power to your users what they want to see... extend ignore lists if you feel that you cannot allow us access to chat to code addons... or allow us to put specific words on a filter that we just don't see that entire chat without using up our ignore. WE NEED MORE CONTROL OF CHAT. This is an MMO... this isn't a personal auction place for you... this isn't a personal warm body locator for your guild... this isn't a place to sell real life services (wtf)... nor do I ever want to visit your dimension. Ever. Like... ever.

I am so ****ing tired of this topic. This is driving me mental to find out all that time that was just wasting my time adding people to ignore... and this is supposedly an MMO where I am meant to interact with people... removing myself from this game by adding so many individuals to ignore or just removing chat altogether is just stupid stupid stupid. Man it's frustrating.

Trion, why do you let people other than myself play the game? They are ruining my chat channels! You should hire good players of all classes and specs to play the game and not talk so I can group with them for dungeons and raids, otherwise, don;t let anyone else play because they ruin the experience.

anyway...read the box. "Game Experience May Change During Online Play"

Quote Originally Posted by Dyeus View Post
    Trion, why do you let people other than myself play the game? They are ruining my chat channels! You should hire good players of all classes and specs to play the game and not talk so I can group with them for dungeons and raids, otherwise, don;t let anyone else play because they ruin the experience.

anyway...read the box. "Game Experience May Change During Online Play"
    I LOVE chatting in general chat... talking about everything in game related or out of game... I always partake in the chatter especially with the grind from 50 to 60... it makes the game way more enjoying and interesting... otherwise I would just shut off gen chats.

When the people trying to mock you have to blatantly misrepresent what you said to come up with anything, that's usually a sign that you have a decent point.

No one's asking for all the other players to be removed, just a way to filter the list a bit.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    When the people trying to mock you have to blatantly misrepresent what you said to come up with anything, that's usually a sign that you have a decent point.

No one's asking for all the other players to be removed, just a way to filter the list a bit.
    Because I totally have not seen enough of these threads that I don't skip everything past the first line.

If he no longer enjoys the game because of the general chat "problems", don't play anymore. RIFT isn't a job, it's entertainment.

There isn't even any addons out there for "infinite ignore" or anything chat filter related. (Apparently some addon coders were telling me that it is impossible because currently you cannot read anything out of the chat interface... so you can't do anything at all with chat.)

I literally have 2 options here:

1) Turn off my general chat.
    2) Read everything in general chat like it or not.

I forgot to mention... I think the saddest part about these spammers is they just don't care about the community... not even in the obvious "we relentlessly spam you even if we know it annoys people" sort of way, no... but they don't ever even participate in any discussions. They literally serve zero purpose but instead are parasitic in nature. I can name ONE person of my entire filled ignore lists who spoke in general chats and participated in discussions... but also spammed their messages every 5 minutes.

So yeah: ignore is ideal candidate for these parasitic entities... but having a very limited ignore sheet is a major major problem.

Did you seriously fill your ignore list ?

How angry of a person are you ?

If its so awful, create a personal chat channel and get those you are chatting with to join it.You can create a password so those horrible people talking in a public chat channel cant just join willy nilly.

I have seen this {guy selling his irl stuff} and its for guilds/players to enhance their rift experience, in a full day of play it might pop up twice... OH GOD THE HORROR!
    Without cross shard dimension ads, I would miss out on great places. I have even created a bunch of lvl 1 alts just so when a good ad catches my eye I can log over to that shard and check it out.
    Trade channel only hits those in a major city so of course it wont be used as much.
    The Guild finder is quite lacking (everyone ticks off every option for more coverage) and although it is nice to have a list generated thats about all it does.

Is ignoring a few lines of text that hard ? a walk down the street must make you furious with all the ads everywhere.TV, Radios, movies, umm anything in the public eye is covered with ads if you havent figured out how to personally filter all the information thrown at you on a daily basis, well idk what to tell you. Go stare at a wall or something.

TLDR : Negative Nancy needs to play more solitaire with his {insert chat program here} open.
    Guardians: Rigenmucha R75 Elistianna R75 Yoalticitl R55 Vucubcaquix R52
    Defiants: Rigenmucha 50 Elistianna 30 Hanalicelani 40 Tetzauhteotl 54

Quote Originally Posted by Rigenmucha View Post
    Did you seriously fill your ignore list ?

How angry of a person are you ?

If its so awful, create a personal chat channel and get those you are chatting with to join it.You can create a password so those horrible people talking in a public chat channel cant just join willy nilly.

I have seen this {guy selling his irl stuff} and its for guilds/players to enhance their rift experience, in a full day of play it might pop up twice... OH GOD THE HORROR!
    Without cross shard dimension ads, I would miss out on great places. I have even created a bunch of lvl 1 alts just so when a good ad catches my eye I can log over to that shard and check it out.
    Trade channel only hits those in a major city so of course it wont be used as much.
    The Guild finder is quite lacking (everyone ticks off every option for more coverage) and although it is nice to have a list generated thats about all it does.

Is ignoring a few lines of text that hard ? a walk down the street must make you furious with all the ads everywhere.TV, Radios, movies, umm anything in the public eye is covered with ads if you havent figured out how to personally filter all the information thrown at you on a daily basis, well idk what to tell you. Go stare at a wall or something.

TLDR : Negative Nancy needs to play more solitaire with his {insert chat program here} open.
    I have no clue why I'm being made out the villain here.

Most of the people I added to my ignore said their message... and then repeated that same message 4 mins later. I also lived with it for the last month... earlier in the month posting a suggestion about a filter system where one could add words to a list and instead of micro-managing ignore lists on all of your alts, instead you just wouldn't see the message and that player isn't added to ignore.

Even if every single guild or player said just 1 WTS - Dimension - Guild message every hour is that not a problem then? Spam is still spam. I have no interest in buying your items, or watching you sit there and try to cut 75% of the profits from auction house with your mentally loose WTB spam... or see your dimension... or join your spammtastic guild. But I am forced to read these messages at an alarming rate. And if I speak out about it, suddenly I'm the *******. I don't get that. I just want to play the game, and enjoy the chats the way I want to see it... I don't understand what the problem you have with my wanting to take control of what I see in chat?

Do you spam chats? It seems those advocating against my suggestions are just spammers and never want to see this implemented.

Stop being a parasite to your community. Stop using it without returning anything. Stop being a useless spamming *******.

And if someone is advocating to clear up what they see in the chats because for them it IS an issue? What's the ****ing problem with that? There isn't one. So what if it bothers me. I'm sure there's something I think is absolutely childish that you have issues with either in this game, or another one, or in your RL. I won't even look up your post history to prove it either. OMG bro - that chick didn't make your coffee with 1/2 and 1/2 like you asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Auction View Post
    After a short 4 days of play, today I log in to suddenly start to see people I put on ignore 4 days ago... wicked... so I guess the list hits a limit and then removes the oldest and adds the new person to the list... how AWESOME is that??
    How many is on your ignore list? I currently only have 36 although theoretically this should be spanning all the way back to April 2011 but it doesn't look like it (since I know there's a few that SHOULD be there that aren't...)

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    How many is on your ignore list? I currently only have 36 although theoretically this should be spanning all the way back to April 2011 but it doesn't look like it (since I know there's a few that SHOULD be there that aren't...)

I count 40. It seems that is the limit. Whenever I add someone it seems I see someone else I had previously on ignore now.

Considering I have 5 x-servers on my ignore, 40 seems very very very limited. X-Server does cause issues for ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Auction View Post
    I count 40. It seems that is the limit. Whenever I add someone it seems I see someone else I had previously on ignore now.

Considering I have 5 x-servers on my ignore, 40 seems very very very limited. X-Server does cause issues for ignore.
    Might be a little tedious but I would write down who all you have on ignore right now.. and each time you add a new person to ignore, see how your list changes and/or if it doesn't go beyond 40 names.

I don't think you're a bad individual and/or "angry" for wanting to the inane, repetitive dribble removed from your gameplay. But if the ignore functionality has a hardcoded limit and/or there's something there that prevents names from retaining after x amount are present, then it needs to be resolved.

No reason that new names being ignored should unignore previous because it hit a limit.

So if you see over a week that your list has drastically changed since you posted this thread, I would definitely open up a support ticket to have them look into this because that should not be the intended purpose of ignore.

Edit: Lol so I asked someone who I know has a lot of people on ignore... and.... well, he's counting right now and I'll edit this.. It's definitely double, if not triple, the amount you and I have :P.
    Edit 2: About 230 on ignore. LOL. He can't really recall if he's seen them talk again elsewhere though.
    Last edited by Riane; 12-16-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Might be a little tedious but I would write down who all you have on ignore right now.. and each time you add a new person to ignore, see how your list changes and/or if it doesn't go beyond 40 names.

I don't think you're a bad individual and/or "angry" for wanting to the inane, repetitive dribble removed from your gameplay. But if the ignore functionality has a hardcoded limit and/or there's something there that prevents names from retaining after x amount are present, then it needs to be resolved.

No reason that new names being ignored should unignore previous because it hit a limit.

So if you see over a week that your list has drastically changed since you posted this thread, I would definitely open up a support ticket to have them look into this because that should not be the intended purpose of ignore.

Edit: Lol so I asked someone who I know has a lot of people on ignore... and.... well, he's counting right now and I'll edit this.. It's definitely double, if not triple, the amount you and I have :P.
    Edit 2: About 230 on ignore. LOL. He can't really recall if he's seen them talk again elsewhere though.
    How the heck... does he have an addon??

I'm pretty sure I have many more than 40 people on ignore. I'd be surprised if I didn't.
    That's across all shards though.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Maybe I'm bugged... I was reading in my search for an addon that some people had buggy ignore lists and had to erase them entirely and start over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast