+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blakhart

Thread: Suggestion: PvP tutorial quests

Soulwalker

Default Suggestion: PvP tutorial quests

Have had this idea rolling around in my head for a while now but after seeing just how clueless some people STILL are in pvp, I figured id offer it up.

Boggles me totally that at this stage in the game, people achieving level 60 - that they still dont even understand BASIC Warfront and PvP concepts.

I believe That Trion should create a Tutorial Quest for every Warfront. Give some favor and reward for people's time. But more importantly - Make it a prerequisite for being able to sign up for that warfront. The capability is already there - there are many quests, chains, etc you cannot do until you have done X quest previously.

Why not do the same for warfronts.

Tutorial - Basic PvP Concepts: Explains how to pass out raid assist, how to mark targets, how to mark healers, focus fire, and other fairly basic concepts.

Tutorial - Black Garden: Explains how points are accrued. Explains the different locations on the map and helps the player explore the map. Explains the Fang and how it works. Make the player pick up the fang and hold onto it so they see how the mechanics work.

Tutorial - Library: Explains teleport pads. Explains points accrual., Explains the importance of Rune Vessels. Make the player pick up a rune vessel from each of the spawning locations.

You get the idea.

I think if you explain in detail how these zones work that it will help overall PvP efficacy. It may even make some people feel more comfortable, possibly enough to get a few more active pvp'ers in the warfronts. At the very least everyone will walk into a warfront and know what the objectives are and not have an excuse.

People shouldnt be able to sign up for a warfront if they have no idea whats going on. The system so far has been one of the better pvp systems I have seen, gradually leading people into more involved and complex maps as they level. Yet there's still people who walk in at level 60 completely clueless

Tutorial quests as a pre-requisite for signing up please.

This is a legit idea. I can see a lot of concepts working with this.

marking/roles/tips and tricks/ etc. it could give extreme casuals who only log into to craft items the motivation and confidence to pvp.

10/10
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Totally solid idea. I props your ingenuity.

Soulwalker

am glad a few people have liked the idea already.

Always open to more ideas and tweaks. Anyone else?

+ Reply to Thread