+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Stealth Rogues should be SILENT: No /say /yell /emote while Stealthed

Default Stealth Rogues should be SILENT: No /say /yell /emote while Stealthed

Stealthed rogues should be not be allowed to use the /say /yell or /emote commands while stealthed. Using these actions should cause the rogue to immediately break stealth and be targetable. It makes no sense for a rogue to be invisible to the eye but not the ear. No other class enjoys the luxury of being able to harrass/taunt their opponents while being undetectable/targetable. How many people have been ganked while typing in /say /yell or /emote. This risk should be applied to all classes equally. Its time for the stealthy assassin to SHUT UP and be stealthy or show their face while insulting/taunting you like every other class. Choose either stealth and silence or talk all you want and show your faces.

How on earth would this make any difference on raid bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife69 View Post
    It makes no sense for a rogue to be invisible to the eye but not the ear.
    Never mind the fact that a giant blue creature that had ancestors from another plane of existence just went and turned completely invisible.

No, the fact that they can talk while completely invisible, and blue, is unrealistic..

Try not to mix real life and game mechanic arguments together in an MMO; it doesn't work well.

Also, no, terrible idea. Part of the appeal of a stealth soul is choosing when to strike, and being able to do things like this.

And on your point that "no other class can do this" unless I'm mistaken, (and rift.zam would have to be mistaken too) the Tempest soul for Warriors has stealth while standing still, so they can, in fact, do this too.

Did someone run into my NB/RS alt?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=75kHq9cHSEg

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    Never mind the fact that a giant blue creature that had ancestors from another plane of existence just went and turned completely invisible.

No, the fact that they can talk while completely invisible, and blue, is unrealistic..

Try not to mix real life and game mechanic arguments together in an MMO; it doesn't work well.

Also, no, terrible idea. Part of the appeal of a stealth soul is choosing when to strike, and being able to do things like this.

And on your point that "no other class can do this" unless I'm mistaken, (and rift.zam would have to be mistaken too) the Tempest soul for Warriors has stealth while standing still, so they can, in fact, do this too.
    You are thinking too hard. Just make stealth like Soulwalking. You cant /say or emote while dead. Neither should you be able to do so while stealthed. That is all. It doesn't matter about "real life".

..... wut you talkin bout Jacknife? (-_-)

Champion

ventriloquism for the win.

u mad.

Stealthed rogues should be not be allowed to use the /say /yell or /emote commands while stealthed. Using these actions should cause the rogue to immediately break stealth and be targetable. It makes no sense for a rogue to be invisible to the eye but not the ear. No other class enjoys the luxury of being able to harrass/taunt their opponents while being undetectable/targetable. How many people have been ganked while typing in /say /yell or /emote. This risk should be applied to all classes equally. Its time for the stealthy assassin to SHUT UP and be stealthy or show their face while insulting/taunting you like every other class. Choose either stealth and silence or talk all you want and show your faces.

lmao this made me smile
    Pika

interesting, now i am going to have to try this out.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

I think the OP is the one thinking too hard... also this is a troll post if I ever saw one.

Makes me wonder what the situation was that made the OP nerdrage about stealthed players being able to talk... lol
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

Rift Disciple

Does RIFT have the option to turn on chat bubbles? Haven't looked.

Other games that have chat bubbles as an option allow you to know the direction the chat in question is coming from, which at least gives you some implied positions.

Probably the best option, most realistic. Also, very Smaug and Bilbo-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMaiden View Post
    I think the OP is the one thinking too hard... also this is a troll post if I ever saw one.

Makes me wonder what the situation was that made the OP nerdrage about stealthed players being able to talk... lol
    Why would a pve server carebear player care what a stealth rogue does? Go have fun in your safe sandbox. No 800 meter corpse runs during Volan for you NO SIR!

Why would a pve server carebear player care what a stealth rogue does? Go have fun in your safe sandbox. No 800 meter corpse runs during Volan for you NO SIR!
    I sense a butthurt PvP player who was well and truly ganked and then lost his cool, tried to gank back and failed.
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    འགྲོ་རྣམས་བྱང་ཆུབ་ཐོབ་ཕྱིར་དུ། །

this post again?

it didn't make any sense the first time either
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 12-21-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    I sense a butthurt PvP player who was well and truly ganked and then lost his cool, tried to gank back and failed.
    Yeah thats the impression I'm getting as well. lol

Awww poor guy cant pvp properly or even make a decent insult to a comment.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast