+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dungeon Respawn

Telaran

Default Dungeon Respawn

Currently, respawning from a death in a dungeon results in two loads. Once to load you to the grave outside the dungeon immediately followed by another when you right-click the dungeon icon and select "Enter Dungeon".

My suggestion is to have us respawn at the beginning of the dungeon instead, effectively cutting down load time by half.

Thoughts?

depending which zone you are in it could be cut by more than half
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

Rift Disciple

The main drawback I could see to this is sometimes you aren't able to enter the instance during combat and this could lead to zerg, die, zerg, die, zerg, kill bosses a la Guild Wars 2

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by blazin View Post
    The main drawback I could see to this is sometimes you aren't able to enter the instance during combat and this could lead to zerg, die, zerg, die, zerg, kill bosses a la Guild Wars 2
    I had thought about that but then I thought if they want to prevent zerging, long load times is probably not the most efficient way. They already have those barriers for boss fights.

Rift Disciple

That's true I had forgotten about the barriers that pop up

I've always thought this was silly and that two loading screens is likely far more taxing on the servers than simply allowing the player to respawn at the start of the dungeon (obviously locked out from the boss fight).

+ Reply to Thread