+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Pixel Monkey
  • 2 Post By Danitsia
  • 1 Post By Reticularize

Thread: Suggestion: Make all Raids 10~20 players balanced.

Default Suggestion: Make all Raids 10~20 players balanced.

Suggestion: Make all Raids 10~20 players balanced.

No matter which guild we are talking about. Everyone have problems to find more members to complete raid 20 and Everyone have problems when members fall outside the core. Week after week we feel that pain.

So, the final definitive solution is make all raids to accept any number of players between 10 and 20 players.
    If a guild have 12 players, it can do all raids with no restrictions, maybe more harder, mas doing.

I a guild have 29 members, so split the groups in any number which sum is 29.
    If a guild have 150, no matter.

PS> You can even say we can do raid 20 with 12, 15, 17 players but its not true. We displease players who stay outside raids on 10 and with 15 players you can not make a raid 20 if not very, very well equipped.

So what do you think?
    Rift 2.6's - Things I miss a lot in Rift: 1. No lock raids or boss, only lock drops and tokens. 2. I want a button to visit to other servers more easily. 3. Too low FPS yet. Fix Rift Client please. 4. Fair PVP, too much unbalance and crap healing war.
    - Thinks i like most right now: 1. Hailol Footholds 2. Flexible builds 3. Mage tanking comming .

Quote Originally Posted by Samfortal View Post
    So what do you think?
    I think you guys probably need to do some recruiting if you can't fill a 20 man raid. It isn't that hard to get 20 people together, I could understand there being a problem if it was Vanilla WoW 40 mans or EQ's 50+ man raids, but honestly 20 people is really really easy to recruit, especially with the influx of new players/returning players.

Trying to make bosses scale to between 10-20 is going to be very time consuming, and you can't give 12 people the same loot as a guild that clears it with 20, so itemization will be a problem as well.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonblade View Post
    but honestly 20 people is really really easy to recruit
    This is not a good argument. We shouldnt need to recruit anymore. We are friends (that doesnt speak english) want to raid without have hard times to discover who is good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonblade View Post
    and you can't give 12 people the same loot as a guild that clears it with 20, so itemization will be a problem as well.
    This is a good argument. I agree with this one, its a little problem.
    Rift 2.6's - Things I miss a lot in Rift: 1. No lock raids or boss, only lock drops and tokens. 2. I want a button to visit to other servers more easily. 3. Too low FPS yet. Fix Rift Client please. 4. Fair PVP, too much unbalance and crap healing war.
    - Thinks i like most right now: 1. Hailol Footholds 2. Flexible builds 3. Mage tanking comming .

well if they moved the raidlock to loot only i and im sure a lot of others would be happy to help out other guilds with progression.
    who took my names!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    well if they moved the raidlock to loot only i and im sure a lot of others would be happy to help out other guilds with progression.
    Amazing solution. I put it in my best sugestions list for rift. ty,

Ok, i dont need raids balanced. I want this raid lock feature, but i want Look for Raid again.

Take a page from WoW --- make all raids have 10m and 20m versions with a flip of the switch!

We already have reusable content in the form of regular dungeons that turn into expert dungeons that turn into master dungeons. There is no reason we cannot reuse that same system in raids.

~ Dani

Core Raid Spots Available --- (Trekkies) Wed/Sun/Mon 9 PM - 12 AM ST :: Holding TRYOUTS for a core raid spots on Mon/Tues, 5:30 PM Server, just send a tell! Must be 3/4 or 4/5 minimum!

Ascendant

There is a thread about this somewhere talking about bow scaleable raids dont work. You nees to have specific raids for specific numbers to balance it around. So thats out. 20 people is easy to get around, especially with cross-shard raiding.

As to LFR... f*ck no. Look what it did to wow... casuals all over the place derpin up the simple LFR mechanics... all 1 of them. If Trion introduced LFR, i would unsub and send them a greeting card tied to a dead chicken stuffed in a purse.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Danitsia View Post
    Take a page from WoW --- make all raids have 10m and 20m versions with a flip of the switch!

We already have reusable content in the form of regular dungeons that turn into expert dungeons that turn into master dungeons. There is no reason we cannot reuse that same system in raids.

~ Dani
    This is not a bad idea, but comes down to 1 think, content or variable raids. They will stop pushing out as much content if they have to code and invent two seperate sets of mechanics and loot tables for the same instance. Personally i would rather more content

+ Reply to Thread