Closed Thread

Thread: Some ideas and reasons why I leave

Shadowlander

Default Some ideas and reasons why I leave

1. Very bad game engine performance - my FPS is too low to play smoothly, although other latest games run perfectly for me
    2. Game's art is too "dark" - we need more colorful, full of life world, itemization and characters
    3. PvP need a lot of changes and more focus - introduce arenas or some ratings
    I loved Rift, but until I can play it on better FPS I am forced to cancel my subscription. Please take into mind my feedback. Thanks and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Keladar View Post
    1. Very bad game engine performance - my FPS is too low to play smoothly, although other latest games run perfectly for me
    2. Game's art is too "dark" - we need more colorful, full of life world, itemization and characters
    3. PvP need a lot of changes and more focus - introduce arenas or some ratings
    I loved Rift, but until I can play it on better FPS I am forced to cancel my subscription. Please take into mind my feedback. Thanks and good luck.
    Play World of Warcraft.

Bye
    Last edited by Ronin12312; 12-19-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Well, I agree the engine is terrible. I also agree with the "too dark" part. An entire continent of RoS-like landscape is a bit much. It's depressing, and my RL environment atm is depressing enough. I'd rather quest in landscapes that are uplifting, like Silverwood and Moonshade Highlands. If I ever leave, it will probably be due to just such issues.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

@Shattered: Dusken *is* deathtouched, I'd be surprised if it was anything other than dark. Although the latter half of Morban is surprisingly "bright" (if bland) for being host to all kinds of dead things.

I was surprised at the comeback of the life plane in SL, what with Greenscale long gone, but it does give a great splash of colour to Brevane.

If I had to complain about the environments, I'd complain about the overwhelming amount of desert that Telara seems to have.. I don't even like the beach, I'm sick of all the sand everywhere :/

Now that EE is out and we can finally take on and defeat all 6 dragons (even if it's not the end of their stories), I'm looking forward to the amazing amount of potential colour that can be brought into upcoming content - even if you just paint in the basic colours associated with each plane, white and black/purple is a bit boring atm, and it would be great to see green/red/blue/yellow all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We are calling this a feature from here on out. We can fix it, but we decided not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Vladd's standard disclaimer:
    aliens gaining control of the planet can determine that changes need to be made, or in some cases unmade

I was getting 100fps in Seratos last night, freaked me out! That's double what it usually is
    Even free cost too much now

Ascendant

its to dark? rofl. scrubs obviously haven't played. There are numerous "life" zones that are not dark. There are plenty of "earth" zones that are extremely bright... any baddie who complains of this being "to dark" is really searching for a reason to call the game bad.

Well I take that as a compliment. There must not really be any major issues with the game.

Rift Team

Hi everyone,

We understand and respect that sometimes people will leave the Rift community. Keladar, we're closing this thread now but we wish you the very best.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread