+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Deeps Depot: Not Very Deep!

Default Deeps Depot: Not Very Deep!

While Deeps Depot will undoubtedly grow exponentially at some point, I have to wonder... when will this be?

Are there any plans to expand Deep's storefront in the near future, or will we just see the basic 2 tabs/2 buttons a tab setup for a while yet?

Suggestions:

1.) Add a few special dimension items.
    2.) Add vanity pets
    3.) Add cosmetic outfits for our wardrobes
    4.) If anything was to be added in regards to XP, make our veteran XP potions purchasable with some sort of limitation on it (can only be bought if you've played a certain amount of time), or have it scale to how long you've played (to eventually match the xp potions we're familiar with).
    5.) Dimension keys
    6.) Holiday items
    7.) Add more game time pay options... I pay for a year, so give that option!

At the very least, add what you already have; the kitty mount for sale, ashes of history, and the collectors edition, as well as all pay options. I have the special/collector edition addons, and I'm not sure if this appears if you haven't bought it yet, but I wasn't sure. Either way I think all of what is offered for an account on the website, should be in the depot.

IKR, it's almost like it's not a cash shop at all right now.

The thing is, it doesn't have to turn into a traditional cash shop, but if they go through the trouble of adding a whole virtual storefront in the game with a pretty interface, they might as well add the products in the store itself to make it worth it's while, otherwise it feels like a waste of tab space.

Ascendant

In before huge flame war about cash shop, Rift going F2P, and the apocalypse being neigh.

I'm with you, OP, but you're going to face some massive opposition on these ideas from folks who don't understand that more money for Trion via any means = better for all of us in the long run. People equate "cash shop" of purely vanity items with "free to play" and "free to play" with the myriad, low-budget, garbage F2P MMOs out there right now.
    Last edited by Synovia; 12-10-2012 at 08:27 AM.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Default I agree with one other thing

Just because you have a cash shop doesn't mean the game has to go free to play. However, by having one in place it allows the players who wish and can give more money to the company a chance to do so with a bonus at the end for the player.

One thing I would love to see
    $5.00 = 50 more slots on chosen dimension
    $10.00 = 100 more slots on chosen dimension
    $15.00= 150 more

And so on. This will allow players who love the area they are working on to add more and be able to pay into the memory/service cost of adding more space in a Dimension. The player would gain an item that they can attach to their dimension to add the space.

More money for the game going into it (and NOT going free to play) means more of a chance of a game building and growing more as the company can sink more money into it.

Figured I would add a suggestion to this posting.

But if we are asking for stuff to be added to Deeps Depot, any chance in being able to spend RL money for lucky coins.

I figure that anything you can buy with lucky coins don't help you out during a fight (outside of the new 150% speed mount), this wouldn't be game breaking. And the mount would just maybe get you there faster, but you can already get mounts that fast via plat, so it shouldn't cause any issues.

Just an idea.
    Gutt mit Uns, as we stand united. To the battle we marched in the dawn!

Egg > Tadpole > Frog > Prince. The Cycle of Life continues
    The wind of change pushes the cloud of death over the mountain of madness, precipitating the rain of nothing bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JinseiNGC224 View Post
    While Deeps Depot will undoubtedly grow exponentially at some point, I have to wonder... when will this be?

Are there any plans to expand Deep's storefront in the near future, or will we just see the basic 2 tabs/2 buttons a tab setup for a while yet?

Suggestions:

2.) Add vanity pets
    4.) If anything was to be added in regards to XP, make our veteran XP potions purchasable with some sort of limitation on it (can only be bought if you've played a certain amount of time), or have it scale to how long you've played (to eventually match the xp potions we're familiar with).
    5.) Dimension keys
    6.) Holiday items

At the very least, add what you already have; the kitty mount for sale, ashes of history, and the collectors edition, as well as all pay options. I have the special/collector edition addons, and I'm not sure if this appears if you haven't bought it yet, but I wasn't sure. Either way I think all of what is offered for an account on the website, should be in the depot.
    I disagree with 4 and 5. I don't think you should be able to purchase anything from a cash shop that has any significant effect in-game (XP Potions) or anything that others have to spend a lot of time and effort to acquire with plat, experience or other currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmuet View Post
    Figured I would add a suggestion to this posting.

But if we are asking for stuff to be added to Deeps Depot, any chance in being able to spend RL money for lucky coins.

I figure that anything you can buy with lucky coins don't help you out during a fight (outside of the new 150% speed mount), this wouldn't be game breaking. And the mount would just maybe get you there faster, but you can already get mounts that fast via plat, so it shouldn't cause any issues.

Just an idea.
    I disagree with this for the reasons stated above. I feel that anything available from the cash shop should be meaningless fluff, and only available from the cash shop. For example, no one who has spent countless hours hunting artifacts to get a Sheep Wand or a Dead Simon wants to suddenly see everyone running around with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithiel View Post
    I disagree with this for the reasons stated above. I feel that anything available from the cash shop should be meaningless fluff, and only available from the cash shop. For example, no one who has spent countless hours hunting artifacts to get a Sheep Wand or a Dead Simon wants to suddenly see everyone running around with one.
    Which you still wouldn't see everyone running around with, since both those items can not be bought with Lucky coins. they are rewards for completion of the artifact set.

What Lucky coins would be able to buy are the current 2 mounts (1: two-head turtle, 2: spider), dimension items, pets, and some funny but useless items (wardrobe, a level 1 two handed shovel (I think)), some hats.

And to do the Storm Legion Puzzles, you would still have to find the artifact sets. So still being able to buy lucky coins wouldn't give an unfair advantage there either.
    Gutt mit Uns, as we stand united. To the battle we marched in the dawn!

Egg > Tadpole > Frog > Prince. The Cycle of Life continues
    The wind of change pushes the cloud of death over the mountain of madness, precipitating the rain of nothing bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JinseiNGC224 View Post

Suggestions:

2.) Add vanity pets
    5.) Dimension keys
    6.) Holiday items

All of your suggestions are cash shop items. I vote NO for all of them. Remove Deep's Depot entirely.
    If you're feeling down maybe one of these links will cheer you up. Only one way to know for certain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noneMROp_E8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdtm1Ezu3ro

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

TL;DR

To thread title: Who was under my bed during my first honeymoon!?!?!?!

My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Soulwalker

Wow, you know something is wrong when the playerbase is asking for things to buy through the game. Maybe Trion could have held on the 40 employees it just let go if it knew how to market the game and effectively generate income through all available methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboi View Post
    Wow, you know something is wrong when the playerbase is asking for things to buy through the game. Maybe Trion could have held on the 40 employees it just let go if it knew how to market the game and effectively generate income through all available methods.
    you don't speak for me and I am part of the playerbase.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Tmuet View Post
    Which you still wouldn't see everyone running around with, since both those items can not be bought with Lucky coins. they are rewards for completion of the artifact set.
    You're right. Bad example on my part. My point remains though. I don't want to see people spending a few dollars and getting the vanity items I spent countless hours collecting artifacts for, either. It removes any sense of accomplishment.

The Station Cash shop marked the downfall of EQ2. Pretty soon, artists were being diverted from making new designs for weapons that dropped from dungeons and raids and only made new designs for cash-bought items... weapon designs were just recycled for the next expansion...

Please restrict Deeps' Depot to buying subscription time and the base game/expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    The Station Cash shop marked the downfall of EQ2. Pretty soon, artists were being diverted from making new designs for weapons that dropped from dungeons and raids and only made new designs for cash-bought items... weapon designs were just recycled for the next expansion...

Please restrict Deeps' Depot to buying subscription time and the base game/expansion!
    Trion, NEVER DO THIS. EVER. NO. BAD. DON'T DO IT.

(by which I mean sell weapons/weapon designs)
    Last edited by Maeloda; 12-12-2012 at 11:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast