+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By CausticFog

Thread: Respec point-by-point

Shadowlander

Default Respec point-by-point

How about this?
    A Respec point-by-point system wherein one doesn't have to re-allocate all 76 points over and over again?
    You can selectively choose which ones to keep and which ones to undo.

Sometimes, when you're testing out new specs or try to make a new/better one, one just needs to swap a few points back and forth to tweak the build to your liking. It's kind of frustrating, for me at least, to always spend those 76 points again and again and again, even if you were off by just one or two points.

Works like this maybe (new option at the class trainer):
    "Reset my souls point-by-point"
    Talent tree opens up and one can just right-click (undo) previously spent points, one by one.
    The more you wish to undo, the more its gonna cost, tho i do realise it's not about the money for most of us, but convenience for everbody!

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
    Casutic
    Last edited by CausticFog; 12-10-2012 at 07:13 AM.

I just said the other day I wish you could lock some souls when you respec, like if you only wanted to change your sub souls you could lock the main soul and then ask the npc to reset your souls and it would only touch the non locked ones.

So yes, would really welcome some options to make it easier to change and specially test.

Shadowlander

As you said I personally don't really care much about the cost, but the idea itself is very good! As I love the soul-system in this game I use what feels like a very large amount of time to try out absolutely everything in regards to souls and different builds, and have been since I started this game (one of my favorite in-game pastimes), so any QoL feature that 'streamlines' this a little would be warmly welcomed by me!
    Not having fun? Someone telling you to L2P? Perhaps give this a read? (Courtesy of Seebs)

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Xycat View Post
    As you said I personally don't really care much about the cost, but the idea itself is very good! As I love the soul-system in this game I use what feels like a very large amount of time to try out absolutely everything in regards to souls and different builds, and have been since I started this game (one of my favorite in-game pastimes), so any QoL feature that 'streamlines' this a little would be warmly welcomed by me!
    Edit: 'Streamline' the point placement that is (or 'un-placement' in this case) as what the Op suggested. Not to 'streamline' the soul-system itself! In regards to the system, if anything, I'd love to see the opposite; added complexity and more option ;)
    Last edited by Xycat; 12-10-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    Not having fun? Someone telling you to L2P? Perhaps give this a read? (Courtesy of Seebs)

+ Reply to Thread