+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift Lite level cap at 15 ?

Rift Chaser

Default Rift Lite level cap at 15 ?

Any reasons this would not work?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyish View Post
    Any reasons this would not work?
    Rift Lite is just the first zone isn't it? The very few people I know who tried it said there is a wall up at Stonefield and whatever the evil side has, Gloamwood?

If this is the case, a zone lock is easier to implement. If it's not, carry on and ignore my waffles.

Mmm waffles.
    Last edited by Shibi; 12-10-2012 at 04:07 AM.
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    འགྲོ་རྣམས་བྱང་ཆུབ་ཐོབ་ཕྱིར་དུ། །

Ascendant

whats wrong with current level 20 cap for rift lite

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    Rift Lite is just the first zone isn't it? The very few people I know who tried it said there is a wall up at Stonefield and whatever the evil side has, Gloamwood?

If this is the case, a zone lock is easier to implement. If it's not, carry on and ignore my waffles.

Mmm waffles.
    If someone mistakenly thinks either of the sides are good or evil, they tend to say Defiants are the evil ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    whats wrong with current level 20 cap for rift lite
    OP prob means 25....maybe?....not sure why anyone would suggest a decrease....

Rift Chaser

Default why suggest a decrease?

Because the content of the zones Freemarch and Silverwood don't require level 20 to do.

Before Trion nurfed the ability to level cap your character I used to level cap at 15 until I completed these zones and picked up the breadcrumb quests to the next zones.

So, any reasons why the lvl 15 cap wouldn't work?
    Last edited by Fiftyish; 12-10-2012 at 05:05 AM.

I think it should move to level 50 ... personally and not able to raid content ... but that is just me ...

Commander of The Watch (http://thewatch.enjin.com)
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness". Terry Pratchett

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ptorretta View Post
    I think it should move to level 50 ... personally and not able to raid content ... but that is just me ...
    A new approach to free-to-play that I've seen suggested before in these forums, so it's not just you..

Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    If someone mistakenly thinks either of the sides are good or evil, they tend to say Defiants are the evil ones.
    Oh gosh no, We defiants have actually sent me back in time to save the silly mistake the guardians made that brought about the endless cult, and let's not even get into Port Scion.

There is only use of sourcestone as the true path to good, using it to teleport, drive your mounts, power your cities. Perfectly safe, not like it's going to cause any damage.

Not like using it will melt Iron Pine Peak is it?
    Last edited by Shibi; 12-10-2012 at 05:45 AM.
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyish View Post
    Because the content of the zones Freemarch and Silverwood don't require level 20 to do.

Before Trion nurfed the ability to level cap your character I used to level cap at 15 until I completed these zones and picked up the breadcrumb quests to the next zones.

So, any reasons why the lvl 15 cap wouldn't work?
    Why not just leave it as a block into the next zone? It's easier to program and after all, some people try pvp and that levels them past 15, 15 is also the first dungeon, meaning they couldn't try it.

Quote Originally Posted by ptorretta View Post
    I agree. Lock out heroics too. Just normals. Let people get to stillmoor and do normal dungeons then have them hooked to buy SL and subscribe.
    Last edited by Shibi; 12-10-2012 at 05:48 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    Why not just leave it as a block into the next zone? It's easier to program and after all, some people try pvp and that levels them past 15, 15 is also the first dungeon, meaning they couldn't try it.
    I understand you to be saying leave it as it is so the dungeons could be done.

It is possible to enter Realm of the Fae at level 15 via lfg. I know that Iron Tombs can be entered at lvl 15, though lvl 17 is required to select it via lfg.

+ Reply to Thread