+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Lol this is not gonna be a popular post

Plane Walker

Default Lol this is not gonna be a popular post

Trion

Please consider blocking guild banners from being placed close to the end boss event spawns

1. Players don't deserve stones or rewards just porting in and nor participated in the event
    2. It will eliminate this 2 fps we get because everyones porting in

So many times you complete event but can not make it to last boss due to guilds porting in to kill it

I know this will not go down well but something needs to happen to sort this frame-rate issue out

I did notice one of the Events didn't give the 11 stones for last Phase. I did notice that you got some in the first phase more in the second and then 7 last phase. I am glad they did this and hope they actually make all events give out the marks divided by each phase. Though they should reward the most in the first phases to have more come out to play.

SL zones are pretty damn big and I can't count the number of times I haven't been able to reach the final boss because it spawned too far away from me and it died before I got there. You remove guild banners and that story becomes a lot more common.

Simply put: People get more pissed if they've contributed but don't get the end reward than if someone else doesn't contribute but does get the end reward.
    Nope.

Plane Walker

I know time should have an effect on reward..but not everyone can play all day and night to farm the 1500 infinity stones(per core) needed, not to mention any items you may buy and upgrade..if they make the grind any longer then it has been, people will get frustrated and quit..I'm close to that myself. Mandatory mentoring to get infinity stones at lower level zones(still in SL zones), would be a nuissance and nothing more..and would just make level 60s less likely to do the content. Why they would make participating in something, in a manner that yields a reward that isn't actually worthless, annoying..doesn't pass my commonsense check for changes. If bosses die fast, so be it..at least they'll die.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by sandmany View Post
    Trion
    So many times you complete event but can not make it to last boss due to guilds porting in to kill in
    Or some end level hogs the kill for himself and gets the achieve in under 10 seconds. It happens a lot in Freemarch.
    Last edited by Lienda; 12-09-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Lol this is not gonna be a popular post
    Yeah, you made it unpopular with me by doing that annoying thing where your subject says nothing about what your thread is about. It's a cheap ploy to get your post more attention than it deserves.

Nothin' to see here, folks, move along.

Done it once. Ported in a few times.

Agreeing with OP. Not fair to the other people participating in the event.
    Valliac - Eth - Rogue
    Brongor - Dwarf - Warrior
    Sevisa - Kelari - Cleric

Your problem has two parts:

1. FPS/latency/game performance during invasion boss fights
    2. People porting in via a guild banner

#1 is a Trion technological challenge. No matter how great the rig you have, the game cannot handle hundreds of other player characters, their abilities, assorted mobs and the boss.

A fix #1 at this point would be to offer players the ability to hide other players and their effects without having to hold down a key on the keyboard the entire time. After that, offer the ability to add player "sprites" or stick figures, then add players, then their spell effects. I.e., have a variety of options that can hopefully be added to a keybind macro.

#2 This is quality of life/ politeness issue. Many players feel that you should not be getting anywhere near full rewards for coming in at any point and just "tagging" something in the invasion to get credit.

A fix for #2 could be:

Using a guild banner, and porting in via a guild banner, place a 10 minute debuff on characters that reduces planar rewards by some percentage (say 75%? 50%?). This would make porting in less attractive, as opposed to getting there earlier or porting in normally and putting in some work. And it also reduces the desirability for the person to use the guild banner. He/she did the work but now has to miss out and a lot of loot for his guildies?

A different fix for #2 could be that, assuming there are at least 3+ "phases" to the event, that presence of planar power found during an invasion disrupts the use of guild banners in that whole zone during the final boss phase, as well as the "lieutenant" phase (i.e., the phase before the boss phase). This change could also adversely impact guilds doing something else in the zone at that time, but I think for the 10 minutes of so of the last two phases, they should be able to cope.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

The OP has self entitlement issues i see.

With PA lvl3 on ptr i think trion is actually for this since a function of PA3 is porting yourentire raid to u for zone events. So when the patch with PA3 is launched well actually have an easier time getting to events.

Im all for this the zones are so large that even if you participate from the start someone just in the right place at the right time will be near a boss and get credit but u may have to take a 5min run to get to the boss which may be dead by the time you reach it making ur time in the event not worth it.

I think it fixes more then it breaks. Id rather people who work on an event are guaranteed to be able to travel to the boss asap for rewards even if that means that some players who didnt also gottheir and got their rewards.

The good outweighs the bad. Alot of changes recently have put an emphasis on gettin to plces quicker, run speed inrease, temp enchant speed boot increase, faster mounts, more instant ports its all the ways trion can help us move thru huge zones faster since they maybe didnt have the time to inroduce flying mounts. This is also why i can see flying being introdiced in the next xpac it only makes sense as theworls gets bigger and people want to see all of it and participate in all of it.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Plane Walker

As one who has done this for guildies before and has taken advantage of this at times, I support this.

I honestly feel events should reward you for what you do, not just tagging the last thing and getting full credit. You should need to contribute through the whole thing, otherwise get a far weaker reward.

Telaran

Here's an idea. Restore boss HP to what it was so it dies fast but add a Teleport prompt (similar to IAs) for anyone who's participated in the previous stages... or some variant of that. I just think a Teleport would be nice.
    Last edited by Wole; 12-09-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmany View Post
    Trion

Please consider blocking guild banners from being placed close to the end boss event spawns

1. Players don't deserve stones or rewards just porting in and nor participated in the event
    2. It will eliminate this 2 fps we get because everyones porting in

So many times you complete event but can not make it to last boss due to guilds porting in to kill it

I know this will not go down well but something needs to happen to sort this frame-rate issue out
    boss hp got buffed, so you should be able to reach the boss in time.

I hate your idea and it would make rift less popular for sure. The mmo aspect should not be downplayed, but the engine fundamentally optimized instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    SL zones are pretty damn big and I can't count the number of times I haven't been able to reach the final boss because it spawned too far away from me and it died before I got there. You remove guild banners and that story becomes a lot more common.

Simply put: People get more pissed if they've contributed but don't get the end reward than if someone else doesn't contribute but does get the end reward.
    If you were doing the whole event and not camping being lazy, you would still get the stones for it.
    Blackfield <-Divine Fury->: Mage

Deepwood

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post

The reason you have difficulty getting to him in time is he spawns with HP based on 20 people doing the event then another 80 port in so he gets insta gibbed.

Removing guild banners would make it easier to get to event bosses not harder for those legitimately participating.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast