+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sedesta
  • 2 Post By arus2001

Thread: Crafting, Experience & General Game play

Shadowlander

Default Crafting, Experience & General Game play

I post this in hopes that Trion will listen and other players will add their CONSTRUCTIVE feed back to this thread. With that said here goes ....

LISTEN TO US. We are the ones who support Trion every month with our time and money. Listen to us ....

Crafting:

Outfitter/Weaponsmith/Armorsmith/Artificer
    - Lower the requirement for materials in recipes and the cost of the subcomponents.
    - Increase drop rates for lanzan cloth
    - Increase spawn rates for linden lumber AND forage drop rates from monsters.

Runecrafter
    - Increase harvest rate of wandering star from runebroken items or lower requirements in daily's/recipes for this item.. It is needed in everything so it should be like chimera cloak, a plague!

Harvesting:
    - Linden Lumber: Increase spawn rate/drop rate
    - Elm lumber is elusive for the cost requirements in recipes. Increase spawn rate
    - Chimera cloak requirements do not support the current spawn rate/monster harvest drop rate of this item! Lower drop rate/spawn rate.
    - Lanzan cloth: Increase drop rate

Guilds:
    - Give us more weekly's for Guild XP or half the xp requirements for guild levels.
    - Lower costs for guild dimensions
    - Lower costs for guild vaults or increase vault sizes

Player Experience:
    - Ember isle provides lvl 52 monsters but gives more PA XP then regular XP to players that have reached level 50. This needs to be balanced out.
    - Lvl 50-60 grind is like grinding 1-50 all over again. Consider reducing the XP requirement per level from 50-60.

General Gameplay:

- Minor and Major rifts are no where near balanced. Minors are far to easy and Majors far too hard. Go back to the way they were before, it was fine and there was no reason to change it.
    - LAG, LAG, LAG, LAG. Tired of it as well as most of the players, ever since the servers were reduced yet again, the lag is horrible. Load times keep getting higher and higher and ability lag more and more prevalent. We were told new servers = less lag, we were lied to.
    - Plat costs are insane! How does real world economy translate into SL economy? You are taxing us to death for no reason and only creating a platform for plat farmers. Is this what you want? Lower costs and bring the SL world back into economic balance.
    - Ban Multiboxers from PVP. This never should be sanctioned to begin with. Multiboxers take spaces from other ACTIVE players. A multiboxer can not play 5 different toons at the same time in PVP and honestly, when was the last time you wanted to pvp against a 5 player bot army that crits you for 5k dmg 5 times? Really? This is a no brainer not to mention when the main 'boxer' dies there are 4 avatars sitting there on your team doing nothing.

I would hope my fellow players can add their CONSTRUCTIVE input to this as well, in order to bring our favorite game back to the level we all believe it should be.

Trion, in the beginning, cared for it's players and seems to have strayed the path of that, COME BACK TO THE LIGHT, WE MISS YOU TRION!

I'd just be happy if crafted options could match raid-equivalent gear of the current tier without requiring drops from whatever raid. Instead, they might be lucky to get your foot in the door, which tends to be a Game Over wall for people who can't or don't want to raid. They can be expensive. They can still have some rare components. But anyone who wants a given item won't have to ride on the backs of 19 others just to see an upgrade.

There's also a part of me that just plain dislikes the marks/daily system for crafting, as there's no 'catch up for the days you missed' safety net like dungeon dailies stacking to 7 or so.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I'd just be happy if crafted options could match raid-equivalent gear of the current tier without requiring drops from whatever raid. Instead, they might be lucky to get your foot in the door, which tends to be a Game Over wall for people who can't or don't want to raid. They can be expensive. They can still have some rare components. But anyone who wants a given item won't have to ride on the backs of 19 others just to see an upgrade.
    I agree as well. I do pvp just to do conquest for the extra speed boosts. While I see why a system like this is in place, you are right in that people who don't want to spend their time grinding with 19 other people. Well, they get left behind and feels like being punished because it's not our thing. In every MMO I have played, it was always the crafters in the end for the best loot.

I think the crafting system in Rift, should follow suit.
    Last edited by Sedesta; 12-06-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Strange, I've always found crafting to be one of the inferior gearing process to MMOs. (Rare) Mob drops tend to be paramount with crafted goods being interchangeable with quested gear. Some games go the extra step to make PvP gear better than everything, too. I'd put the Infinity Stone gear in the similar problem box as crafting right now. Top end stuff doesn't get set bonuses and I think the stats are lesser despite the grind associated. Sadly, I don't really see this changing.

And while I'm glad daily costs got reduced, I would like to see SL crafting rifts, and not limited to one per week or hidden behind high planarite costs.

I'd like it they would look up real world metalurgy... theres an ore node in-game that is actually a product of two different ores, but hell if I cant remember what it is right now. lol

Also... do they even fish? How do you make a lure out of fish? I mean, I know minnows are often used as bait, but... some of the lures dont really make sense to me. I think it would be neat if we made lures from the fishing junk we get like bits of seaweed and snags of wood. Use that string in the vendor that only gets used once when we level up and make a new pole.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

Rift Disciple

I just want to add I've done pretty decently for Elm by running around Ardent Domain and Eastern Holdings. Linden was rough till people got away from swamping Cape Jule.

The rest of the things you mentioned I have to agree so much with.

Ban Multiboxers from PVP. This never should be sanctioned to begin with. Multiboxers take spaces from other ACTIVE players. A multiboxer can not play 5 different toons at the same time in PVP and honestly, when was the last time you wanted to pvp against a 5 player bot army that crits you for 5k dmg 5 times? Really? This is a no brainer not to mention when the main 'boxer' dies there are 4 avatars sitting there on your team doing nothing.
    Multiboxers are in control of each toon. There is no bot program running.

That is an actual person controlling all of the characters. Some people like to multi-box..and it's not against the terms of service.

As for the rest of your post, I agree with a lot of what you said.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Here's some information about multi-boxing...since you're not aware of how it works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiboxing

There is no "botting" involved. At all.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Here's some information about multi-boxing...since you're not aware of how it works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiboxing

There is no "botting" involved. At all.
    I am aware of how multi-boxing works. In world and in dungeons or for raids, I see the value of such a tactic of game play. My issues is in pvp and while slamming one key stroke to make 5 avatars do the same thing is nice, it still comes to down to a simple point. One person = 5 people in game. In PvP, this type of game play should not be allowed. In World, it has actual pratical application, PvP there is no reason for it.

While Mutli-boxing infers you are in control of all 5 avatars, by most gamers views, YOU ARE NOT. Unless you got 5 keyboards and computers splayed out around you and you are working each avatar as a stand alone player, you are botting, simple as that. Multi-boxing is no different then me putting someone on follow, targetting through them, and starting a macro.

The point of the suggestion was to disallow this practise in PvP, nothing more. Boxers = Bots.

+ Reply to Thread