+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: For 2.1 please add a marks convertor

Plane Walker

Default For 2.1 please add a marks convertor

I know this has been covered many times but please consider adding a sink for GMOA and Infernal marks in 2.1 update

To reward those that put the effort in night after night raiding these dungeons. Allow us to trade off unwanted marks that are useless now on marks that we can buy current gear with

At the moment the fields been levelled for new lvl 60s that have not put any effort in past raids to be geared the same as those that put time and effort in as Id gear is pretty much useless after level 55

5xGMOA =1 slayer Mark
    10xInfernal marks = 1 Frozen Eclipse

Frustrating all my hard work gearing up accounts for nothing and I have a pot of useless marks I can not spend on gear I need

Gear Reset.

No free marks for you... why should you be able to get full dungeon gear without ever setting foot in one?

Plane Walker

? Im not looking for free marks just a reward function to exchange my old marks I have no use for

note: this thread comes from the same guy that complained icewatch had queues during launch of SL, i will let ya all draw your conclusions from that tad bit.

Also worst idea ever, today.

Highly doubt it will happen. Trion seemed to put their effort into resetting everything, so apart from being maxed on PAs for most long playing people, we are put par with new players. It's fine, no way for people to hoard up on things prior to SL.

If they want to use GMoA for something, give us fluff!

Quote Originally Posted by sandmany View Post
    ? Im not looking for free marks just a reward function to exchange my old marks I have no use for
    Regardless, it's a stupid idea.

The point of a gear reset is to set everyone off on an equal footing.

Guilds who've been farming HK/ID endlessly would just be instantly able to raid level 60 content once they hit the level, without every bothering with a single dungeon run. No amount of level 50 marks can equate to a level 60 mark... as Ailene suggested, give fluff... that's about all they're worth.
    Last edited by mo0trix; 12-04-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Plane Walker

Well I see no problems with a little rewarding for those that have put effort in against those that haven't on past content

I guess then I would be happy with PA trade offs if Tier 3 is gonna open up
    Last edited by sandmany; 12-04-2012 at 03:52 AM.

if this would be made ppl would just farm some old super easy lvl 50 content to get lvl 60 raid gear; i dont know how u can not see what is wrong with it
    Digital - The Rift Walkers
    Icewatch
    4/4 TotDQ - 1/4 FT

Plane Walker

So hardcore players would go back and do old content for new marks

Ain't that what happened anyway with weeklies and experts giving ID marks out?

My post was about clearing my old marks out

Seems 1 min Trion want to give it all away and make it easy for everyone and next min it wants you to grind it to death to get it

Trade it in for some kind of fluff or dimension items maybe, but for contemporary gear?

No...Just no.

No. And stop asking for this. Introducing this would be catastrophic. It amazes me how self entitled some people feel just because they have some old currency lying around. Let me give you some facts that you may have reached yourself had you not been blinkered by your currency tab.

1. Making old currency relevant makes old content relevant. As a raider who seeks every advantage you'd force me to run all relevant pre-SL content on a weekly basis as well as progression raiding. A burn out unsub situation for many.

2. I personally have a vault of these old currencies. Way more than you I'll bet. There's no way I want any kind of advantage. This is for all intents and purposes a new game. Welcome the fact that newcomers can compete, as they will be much more likely to sub.

3. Future hoarding. If trion decides (and they wont) to go down your road then it means people will be more likely to hoard currency and wait for drops rather than spend it, therefore gaining an immediate advantage in every new tier. This is a very bad thing.

By all means continue to ask and be entirely selfish. Or, look at the facts, have a think and maybe cut these silly threads down to once a month.
    Last edited by TheLithium; 12-04-2012 at 04:57 AM.

Plane Walker

no no no. Marks should be exclusively from what you do. I'm the one that is in full support of keeping raid progression relevant. It use to be you were proud to get to 'the next tier' in an MMo, now its trivialized where its just not much of an accomplishment and you can forgo older content.

Its all about 'first' rather then actually accomplishing stuff and it bothers me. Doing this only makes things worst.

Soulwalker

Hello all.

I'm normally a lurker not saying much on the forums but wanted to add my .02

I agree with what most people are saying. No we dont need a currency converter. However, I would like to see something like the GMOA and MOA be account bound and not toon bound. Dont make the SL stuff shared by all toons, just the old dungeon currencies, or put in a dimension vendor that use marks.

Gives the player a chance to use up those marks to get their lower level toons a bit better geared for the SL content if they wish.

Thanks

Rift Disciple

Make them account based so I can buff a alt.

Just let people buy PA with the infernal/HK currency and call it there.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast