Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By mitch07
  • 1 Post By mitch07
  • 1 Post By Dyeus
  • 2 Post By Pixel Monkey

Thread: pre-order capes in Rift store

Rift Disciple

Default pre-order capes in Rift store

i never pre-ordered storm legion because at the time i wasn't playing rift again and i didnt know very much about the expansion but now coming back and seeing all these cool capes that were only available through pre order i am so jealous lol.

i would love to see all of the pre-order capes from the different retailers in your online store for Rift. some of these capes look so amazing compared to the ordinary capes that are available to everyone in game.

Rift Disciple

bump. anyone? these capes are so nice, would be a shame to see them go to waste

Problem is, they are supposed to be special for people that pre-ordered. I think it would be nice if they added capes that were similar but not identical to the pre-order capes, allowing the pre-order capes to still be special and letting us get capes associated with each of the planes.

Maybe even have some capes gained through plane related achievements (kill x death invasions, complete all zone invasions from y plane, etc)

Rift Disciple

i do get that they were special for pre orders. but it was a bit dissapointing to see that if you wanted more than one cloak youd have to buy another expansion. i guess i just really want some more variety in the capes and the pre-order ones just look so amazing.

I have all six special capes, and I personally do not mind in the slightest if others have access to them through other means. If I have mine, I don't care if others get theirs.

Even so, I think the problem has more to do with retailers: if retailers are promised something unique and special to entice people to pre-order at their location, but then it's given out via other means, it could cause potential issues of a goodwill or legal nature. I'm just guessing there, to be honest, but that's what I'm thinking, and I'm skeptical they'll actually release them all due to that.
    There is no such thing as "free to play" in the MMO world. If nobody was paying, the game would shut down, and you wouldn't be playing. Piggybacking and getting a free/cheap ride on people who do pay doesn't make a game "free to play", it just means someone else is paying for it.

i have a preoreder thing too and i couldnt care less if others get it post release.
    imo, an option to design/select a logo/pattern for your crafted/vendor cape at the barber would be sweet for those who cant
    who took my names!

Most likely comes down to how contracts and deals work with pre-orders.

They may have to wait a period before they can sell them, or maybe they can't sell them at all. Who knows.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    i have a preoreder thing too and i couldnt care less if others get it post release.
    imo, an option to design/select a logo/pattern for your crafted/vendor cape at the barber would be sweet for those who cant
    agreed.

I'd also like to see a mount pack. Where for 20 or so, you get a selection of holiday mounts you did not manage to get or missed.

I personally dont like time limited exclusive content, I dont get epeen for having stuff others dont, So I dont care if people get stuff I got during past events or for pre-order. and anything that people are willing to pay for, if its reasonably priced and have no direct game advantage, is good for Rift.,
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by zetans View Post
    agreed.

I'd also like to see a mount pack. Where for 20 or so, you get a selection of holiday mounts you did not manage to get or missed.

I personally dont like time limited exclusive content, I dont get epeen for having stuff others dont, So I dont care if people get stuff I got during past events or for pre-order. and anything that people are willing to pay for, if its reasonably priced and have no direct game advantage, is good for Rift.,
    that's a good idea about the mounts. i missed a few event ones that are really cool and im pretty disapointed.

one thing i would like to see is a Bio-engineering profession like what SWG had. the ability to craft mounts and pets with a profession sounds pretty sweet. unfortunately i never had the chance to experience it

They are pre-order capes for a reason. Not that I personally would care much if you could get them(because I dont care) but thats not the point.
    Pre-order bonus..... it says it all.

I do expect capes in the store though(are there already any? never visit the store really :P), and they will prob. be better looking then the pre-order ones.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Sorry I would need to respectfully say no to this suggestion.

The pre-ordering capes were an enticement to get us to pre-order from certain places.

If they were able to be obtained by every man and his dog long after the window is over then they no longer have that marketing pull and it will be setting a precedent for all future pre-order items.

Sorry, I personally believe pre-order items should be retained exclusively for the pre-orderers in order to maximise the marketing value Trion receive.
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    འགྲོ་རྣམས་བྱང་ཆུབ་ཐོབ་ཕྱིར་དུ། །

Quote Originally Posted by mitch07 View Post
    one thing i would like to see is a Bio-engineering profession like what SWG had. the ability to craft mounts and pets with a profession sounds pretty sweet. unfortunately i never had the chance to experience it
    Unless you are a defiant, and thus a machine born ascended made by ripping the ascended souls out of evil guardians in the future (just before you are sent back in time), this would not be acceptable. By lore a guardian would never do this nor would they suffer a machine born pet/mount as their own. Guardians do not like the machine born, and they still have no problem trying to kill us, despite the uneasy truce.

It would be unfair to create a profession where only one faction could take advantage of it.
    Last edited by Shibi; 12-13-2012 at 05:28 AM.
    Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
    འགྲོ་རྣམས་བྱང་ཆུབ་ཐོབ་ཕྱིར་དུ། །

Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    Sorry I would need to respectfully say no to this suggestion.

The pre-ordering capes were an enticement to get us to pre-order from certain places.

If they were able to be obtained by every man and his dog long after the window is over then they no longer have that marketing pull and it will be setting a precedent for all future pre-order items.

Sorry, I personally believe pre-order items should be retained exclusively for the pre-orderers in order to maximise the marketing value Trion receive.
    Well stated. I agree with the above. As for Shibi's signature....totally worth it if I hit the #$%^&@! in the face!

+ Reply to Thread