+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Dimension Suggestions

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Dimension Suggestions

After hitting 60 its dimension time and I'm loving it so I come her to find the section on Dimensions -

Am I missing something?
    Is there no Dimension section since BETA? I wouldn't be surprised if I have missed it - no coffee yet.

I would also like to suggest the following:

Interactive Items

* Dimension Bank - A bank to place Dimension items only so it doesn't use your Dimension capacity but you can access all of your Dimension items.
    * Cooking NPCs - Like the Bartender but a Kitchen cook & BBQ Cook would be great who offers different meals/dishes you can click on including one that makes people vomit, turn purple like that girl on willie wonka just as examples.
    * NPC People & Animals - some activity would be great a variety ie Guards, Market sellers, children, waitresses, street sweepers, gardeners, fishers, Animals to make a farm, or to place in wilderness or have pets etc

* Gift Wrap/Artifact Glow Wrap - It would be so awesome to be able to take artifacts you find and make them back into clickable lights so guests can find them in your dimension or to introduce giftwrap for items to have actual treasure hunts, birthdays or special occasions.

*Cloth Item Dye - Anything cloth ie banners, beds, mats should be dyable to customize spaces more.

Current item upgrades/changes.

* Nico - it would be fantastic if you could actually get tipsy off the alcohol make the screen tilt and blur the more you drink especially to make puzzles/mazes more exciting.
    * Dory - possible to get oars that move the boats?

I am also contemplating creating a blog specifically to showcase Dimensions across all shards, i can have this done and booming within the week - does our community need one, would you be interested in going to a site where you could see other dimensions or put your own, share tips or suggestions?

Cheers Trion loving what you have done here with Dimensions.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Continued..

I forgot a suggestion!

* Fishing Lures - That can be fished up and attached to your fishing rod to actually fish in your dimension. To what capacity so it doesn't take away from fishing in other areas? Maybe fish up dimension specific fish to put on the barbie or the white fish standard along with Dimension specific artifacts - new achievement?

Quote Originally Posted by Anahera View Post
    I forgot a suggestion!

* Fishing Lures - That can be fished up and attached to your fishing rod to actually fish in your dimension. To what capacity so it doesn't take away from fishing in other areas? Maybe fish up dimension specific fish to put on the barbie or the white fish standard along with Dimension specific artifacts - new achievement?
    I'm kinda half/half on the fishing while in dimensions thing.

Seems like it could be bot-central in basic dimensions with fishing pools if implemented. Or it could be fun.

That's just me, though.
    Valliac - Eth - Rogue
    Brongor - Dwarf - Warrior
    Sevisa - Kelari - Cleric

I'd like to suggest the possiblity of putting a dimension in Scarwood Reach. I absolutely LOVE that zone since it was revamped. Sadly, when dimensions came out I found that the closet thing was getting the spike room from KB. I'd very much like it to at least be considered
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    I didn't think Plutonus knew such large words.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    Crucia's weird like that. She likes to mess with people's heads. Don't worry; you are not going crazy. ...or are you?

I was hoping for Dimensions in Moonshade Highlands. I'm holding out for that since it's really the only area that interests me. Silverwood and Moonshade Highlands are the only zones I really enjoy the look of. I'm settling for my Guardian character's Silverwood starter Dimension meanwhile.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Shield of Telara

I'd like a couple of animals to.

Does it have the following yet? I havenít gotten that far into it.

-quill and ink
    -Parchment
    -A dimension in Iron Pine Peaks that has a brick building in the back of an ice cave.
    -The blue carpet in Sanctum.
    -a vine with glowing blue or green mushrooms or flowers
    Apparently, I cheered about the last green puzzle piece for nothing. I can't play now at all.

Rift Disciple

Anything to make them more lively and interactive would be good. I haven't had a chance to start on mine but the few I've visited just seemed dead and lifeless. They looked nice but there just wasn't anything interesting to do there.

Things I want to see put in:

Food items, like a fish on a plate, a pile of berries, sirloin steak, a mug of beer. Stuff like that.
    Plates and pots.
    Actual rugs, especially area rugs
    Magic circles like that one for the SL starter quest where you open the portal so Miela can come to the chancel.
    Doors and window frames.
    Furniture: stoves, iceboxes, (more) different types of chairs and tables and benches
    Ground cover such as sand, grass, flowery meadows.
    Placable ponds

A way to put your minipets into your Dim they stay there even when you leave.

"Background wallpaper" or some way to turn off setting items, such as turning off Port Scion in sanguine shores/wardens pointe.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

Yes, I'd love to be able to put a pond in my dimension. And a selection of fountains!

How about snow groundcover? I'd like more groundcover in general. And the big containers of flowers, like the ones I see in Tempest Bay.

The pink-leaved trees like I see in Silverwood, Moonshade Highlands, and Tempest Bay- if there are any on a Dimension vendor, I have yet to find them.

I was just going to make note that I too want the sakura-like trees (the pink leaved ones).
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

Soulwalker

Default things we WANT in Dimensions!

I actually came back to rift after a long break BECAUSE of the idea of building whatever I wanted. There are, however, a few things that I think should change. For example: We should be able to move EVERYTHING in the dimension. and scale it down. Not necessarily asking for the castle in Central Necropolis to be taken apart piece by piece, but as a whole.. it should move... or at a minimum, let us change the colors.. ( for a price Obviously) as well as the trees and the rocks, and the bones.. ( I personally have Faen's Retreat and HATE the carcasses.. so they are covered). I also would like to be able to color items. Why should my bed look like everyone else's? I can change my wardrobe.... I should be able to dye my bed, wood, tiles, etc etc. Next complaint, lol, the limit SUCKS. I hit my limit within hours and have had to rethink everything I made. I have done this numerous times JUST to get something new into my dimension. 600.. is not enough! please please PLEASE add more items! ( we builders are IMPATIENT!.. and although its fun to be creative... MORE IS BETTER!!!) How about letting us interact with items.. like chairs, and the bed. There are many other games ( which I wont mention) that allow you to click the chair to sit down, a simple concept ( at least, in my mind). add more flooring features! I want GRASS!! LOL I would love the possibility to change my sandy area to grassier. IM sure IM forgetting something and will have to re add to this thread... but this is a few things that I think would make dimension building better than it already is... and btw TY very much for introducing it!

I was in a position that I needed to charge up my planar charges in Necropolis. Not only are there no planar charge crystals in Necropolis, there aren't any anywhere near it. I had to travel a considerable distance across the map (some Barrier Relay station) to find them. I was thinking, Dimension item: a planar charge crystal for our Dimensions. I think that would be great for such situations.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lambrusco View Post
    I actually came back to rift after a long break BECAUSE of the idea of building whatever I wanted. There are, however, a few things that I think should change. For example: We should be able to move EVERYTHING in the dimension. and scale it down. Not necessarily asking for the castle in Central Necropolis to be taken apart piece by piece, but as a whole.. it should move... or at a minimum, let us change the colors.. ( for a price Obviously) as well as the trees and the rocks, and the bones.. ( I personally have Faen's Retreat and HATE the carcasses.. so they are covered). I also would like to be able to color items. Why should my bed look like everyone else's? I can change my wardrobe.... I should be able to dye my bed, wood, tiles, etc etc. Next complaint, lol, the limit SUCKS. I hit my limit within hours and have had to rethink everything I made. I have done this numerous times JUST to get something new into my dimension. 600.. is not enough! please please PLEASE add more items! ( we builders are IMPATIENT!.. and although its fun to be creative... MORE IS BETTER!!!) How about letting us interact with items.. like chairs, and the bed. There are many other games ( which I wont mention) that allow you to click the chair to sit down, a simple concept ( at least, in my mind). add more flooring features! I want GRASS!! LOL I would love the possibility to change my sandy area to grassier. IM sure IM forgetting something and will have to re add to this thread... but this is a few things that I think would make dimension building better than it already is... and btw TY very much for introducing it!
    Limit is 800. Also, to much more than that, your graphics card has to render all 800pieces plus the environment. You go to far over that and you will continually crash rift and or bluescreen yourself due to way to many items to render.

Other than that, you shouldnt be able to fish mats (used for crafting decent consumables) or have bankers, npcs that sell stuff, crafting areas, or ah in dimensions. This would trivialize having a main city... just go to your friends dimension.

Maybe this one's a suggestion?

Spy Sapped my Spawn Point
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    Limit is 800. Also, to much more than that, your graphics card has to render all 800pieces plus the environment. You go to far over that and you will continually crash rift and or bluescreen yourself due to way to many items to render.

Other than that, you shouldnt be able to fish mats (used for crafting decent consumables) or have bankers, npcs that sell stuff, crafting areas, or ah in dimensions. This would trivialize having a main city... just go to your friends dimension.

Some are 800 cap. I guess what would "be nice" would be a way to upgrade your current 600max item dimension to 800 (or higher). Players shouldnt have to save up more plat, buy another totally different dimension just for 200 more item limit, in my opinion. They purchased and decorated the one they have for a reason, they like it! Maybe they personally dislike the 800 item limited dimensions?
    Toons of Deepwood:
    Khaldor, cleric of high. [Five Pillars Getaway - Dimension]
    Tarquinas, tank and protector of all. [Lost Souls Prison - Dimension]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast