+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ShinChuck
  • 1 Post By Kaedan

Thread: 110% Mount Price or Level Drop?

Default 110% Mount Price or Level Drop?

Any chance of a price drop and/or level drop on these? It seems a bit silly that at 50 you can get a 110% for 125p, but at only a level higher you can get a 130% for 300p. It strikes me that having a mere level gap of one negates some of the value of the 110%, so maybe dropping it to L40 would be ideal, or at least dropping the price if it's going to stay L50 and L51.

No biggie, just something I was thinking about.
    There is no such thing as "free to play" in the MMO world. If nobody was paying, the game would shut down, and you wouldn't be playing. Piggybacking and getting a free/cheap ride on people who do pay doesn't make a game "free to play", it just means someone else is paying for it.

IMO should be around level 40ish...know I had to carry my mount around with me for 10 levels before I could use it. Back in the day.
    Beware the Penguin...

Wasn't the 90% lvl 40. if they do change the levels around you would need to adjust that as well. I guess people can just skip the 110% and go straight on to 130.

Telaran

I think, given the current pattern of shtuff, I feel it would make more sense to bump the 130% up to 55, rather than bring down the 110 to 40-45, but, that may just be me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zsword View Post
    I think, given the current pattern of shtuff, I feel it would make more sense to bump the 130% up to 55, rather than bring down the 110 to 40-45, but, that may just be me.
    That may have, the catch now is that 51s already have their 130%s, it's always a little stickier to raise rather than lower levels.

Initially, it was 60%, 90% at 40, and 110% at 50. 90% dropped to L30, then L25, so I sort of expect myself that if it goes either way, the 110% will drop.

What I'd personally do is something like 60% no req, 90% L25, 110% L40, 130% L50, 150% L60, but I'm open to ideas, I really just think something needs to be adjusted, even just the price of the 110%s.
    There is no such thing as "free to play" in the MMO world. If nobody was paying, the game would shut down, and you wouldn't be playing. Piggybacking and getting a free/cheap ride on people who do pay doesn't make a game "free to play", it just means someone else is paying for it.

Rift Chaser

I don't think it should change. It's still a good money sink for mount collectors. As you say, it's only a level before you can get the 130% mount, so it's easy to just wait. Not to mention, the 110% doesn't scale to 130%, so it's a waste anyway.
    It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -
    William G. McAdoo

Quote Originally Posted by Kaedan View Post
    I don't think it should change. It's still a good money sink for mount collectors. As you say, it's only a level before you can get the 130% mount, so it's easy to just wait. Not to mention, the 110% doesn't scale to 130%, so it's a waste anyway.
    Even if the price stays, why not drop it to L40? It'll keep them a lot more relevant if people have 11 levels in between instead of 1.

Either way, something should be done if we want them to be relevant to anybody but mount collectors. We seem to agree on that part!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ShinChuck View Post
    Even if the price stays, why not drop it to L40? It'll keep them a lot more relevant if people have 11 levels in between instead of 1.

Either way, something should be done if we want them to be relevant to anybody but mount collectors. We seem to agree on that part!

Yeah, I don't have a problem with changing them to 40. Just don't think the price needs to change.
    It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. -
    William G. McAdoo

+ Reply to Thread