+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SL Onslaughts and Zone Invasions

Default SL Onslaughts and Zone Invasions

Had the undead event pop in Ashora, but due to what seemed to be an excess of Onslaughts going on in the area, by the time all the rifts were closed, only 3 death invasions had spawned and been killed. Though an interesting anomaly of note was the ability to see some invasions in Kingsward with their destination arrows pointing to Ashora, but trying to go to said mobs on the map showed nothing.

Anyway, if Onslaught is the issue, I'd suggest all Onslaughts end and get disabled until an event with Invasion requirements is cleared. We eventually got it done, but telling people to stop killing onslaught mobs and let them spawn footholds didn't seem to work. Unsurprisingly, when the "tire" message did show up, nearby death invasions spawned.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Had the undead event pop in Ashora, but due to what seemed to be an excess of Onslaughts going on in the area, by the time all the rifts were closed, only 3 death invasions had spawned and been killed. Though an interesting anomaly of note was the ability to see some invasions in Kingsward with their destination arrows pointing to Ashora, but trying to go to said mobs on the map showed nothing.

Anyway, if Onslaught is the issue, I'd suggest all Onslaughts end and get disabled until an event with Invasion requirements is cleared. We eventually got it done, but telling people to stop killing onslaught mobs and let them spawn footholds didn't seem to work. Unsurprisingly, when the "tire" message did show up, nearby death invasions spawned.
    tell them to stop closing rifts until the invaders have been killed.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Pretty much every other event has invasions long killed before the rifts go down. Even with leaving like 5 rifts open from what I could see on my incomplete map, nothing was spawning for quite a while. This is was ultimately led me to the suspicion of an invasion mob cap, and since there are at least 3 onslaught hubs in the zone that were active from what I saw...

Footholds were relatively untouched, too.

Maybe that's one of the buggy ones?

Onslaughts shouldn't need to be stopped to fix it... but it should be fixed.

Well, if it is the direct result of an invasion cap (for server stability's sake), you can't really keep them going if it does mean the problem persists in an active area. I can understand it not being a popular solution, but the comparative rarity and importance should give events priority to server resources.

I'd argue a bit that people not stopping to actually help with the event is a problem of its own, but that's likely similar to the old people waiting at the portals while everyone else does all the work kind of affair with older events. But yeah, until Onslaughts directly give Infinity Stones (which everyone needs to at least make new sigils), screw 'em when events pop.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Well, if it is the direct result of an invasion cap (for server stability's sake), you can't really keep them going if it does mean the problem persists in an active area. I can understand it not being a popular solution, but the comparative rarity and importance should give events priority to server resources.

I'd argue a bit that people not stopping to actually help with the event is a problem of its own, but that's likely similar to the old people waiting at the portals while everyone else does all the work kind of affair with older events. But yeah, until Onslaughts directly give Infinity Stones (which everyone needs to at least make new sigils), screw 'em when events pop.
    Yeah, that's annoying. I know some events bugged out yesterday on Grey, but I don't know which ones they were.

+ Reply to Thread