+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Astyr
  • 1 Post By Azchire

Thread: Dimensions

Default Dimensions

I know there are already some dimension suggestions floating about, some actually in the suggestion forums and some I think I had randomly seen in other threads outside of, and some that were thrown in vent. I can't remember which are which, so if there's any repetition I apologize in advance.

SOCIAL
    -Kick players from dimension
    -Ban players from dimension
    -Give individual players various permissions, instead of your ENTIRE friendlist/guild/etc..

ITEMS
    -Animals: pets, mounts(as in things that would occupy stables)
    -Food and dinnerware: cornucopia, food items, plates, goblets, mugs.
    -Sit-able chairs
    -climbable ropes and ladders, for when the minimum walk-up angle is too long.
    -Rift tears
    -Doors and windows
    -Portals
    -Door-shapes tapestries, especially the kind that can be moved through.

MISC
    -Allow use of Scotty's Sheepy Roddy-thingy, and other such items. How can I make a hidden sheep lair for my sheeples if I can't sheep them!?
    -Higher build limits for building items(I know this was someone else's idea. Can't remember if it was in the suggestion forum already or not).
    -The ability to stretch items, instead of just adjusting the size proportionately, even if it's only for building items(planks, tiles, etc). Sometimes, I want a long, THIN pole, not a long, THICK pole(giggity). This would greatly help out with item limits.
    -Being able to move the items preset in the dimension, even if it's only trees and rocks. The palm trees in Faen's Retreat are the bane of my existence.
    -The ability to lock items together, so that you can select it as a unit(without selecting each little thing), and COPY it as a unit(so long as you have all of the pieces).
    -The ability to save layouts of entire dimensions, or for fused/locked items. I'd love to save a pattern of my tree house before I delete it, in case things don't work out with what I wanted to make in its place. This would also be great for home-made doors and couches and things that you'll ant multiple of that may be time consuming or annoying to make.
    ---The ability to exchange patterns with people.
    ~~~Ex. I have a pattern of a couch, and all of the items it needs in my inventory. I drag the pattern out to my dimension, and instead it fuses the items together to make my couch.

Astyr
    Main Character: Warden/Sentinel ~ Cleric
    Guild: N/A | Faction: Defiants | Server: Harrow (US RP-PVP)

Oh, I remembered something else--

A bulletin board. Something players can use to tell a little about their dimension, about upcoming RP events, and so forth.

Astyr
    Main Character: Warden/Sentinel ~ Cleric
    Guild: N/A | Faction: Defiants | Server: Harrow (US RP-PVP)

I agree!

Suggestions I'd like to add/emphasize:

Improved dimensions search system - A way to add tags to our dimensions so that players can browse through categories of dimensions instead of just searching by +1's or location. For example, players could tag their dimension for RP, Puzzle/game/maze, Tavern, house/home, etc.

Dimension descriptions- a place to add a simple description of our dimension for others to see so they know what to expect before entering. This helps with browsing.

Individual Privileges - for emphasis! Not everyone uses their friends list as a "trusted with my entire estate" list. I'd like to give specific people full privileges, not all friends.

More locations! - Don't get me wrong, I love diversity, and the current set is very diverse, so I'm happy with that. What I'd love to see though, are slightly different locations. Sanguine shores is a great dimension but it's the ONLY dimension in Silverwood, and it's tiny! I'd like to see at least 2-3 different locations per zone. They wouldn't even need to be something extra special, just extra spots of the zones currently out there to give us more options.

Totally unique locations are welcome too! I like seeing dimensions that aren't chunks of the world already out there. And don't go crazy with decorations on these! Most of the time dimension artists use decorations to COVER the ones that are naturally there, because we like to have a personalized, unique place.

More than one active dimension - This is probably the most frustrating aspect of dimensions, one which makes the purchase of new dimension keys a bittersweet thing, knowing that we have to throw out our work and start anew. Astyr's suggestion of being able to save a layout for a dimension is a good one, but I suspect the reason you limited us on this is because of the data storage on the server, so saving layouts would be just as costly. I understand storage constraints but please try! We love dimensions, and I'd hate to trash my little sanguine shores home in order to try a bigger dimension.

+ Reply to Thread