+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SUGGESTION: Onslaught mobs should fight the HUMANS and not the other mobs!

Default SUGGESTION: Onslaught mobs should fight the HUMANS and not the other mobs!

OK Trion, PLEASE FIX!!! How did this make it unscathed through QA and useability testing...

As part of my leveling grind, I spent many hours farming the Ashora Onslaught hubs the last couple of days.

Invariably, a fire invasion would spawn in the same area and at the same time as a life (or death) invasion. Rather than actually carrying on with their onslaughts, the mobs were far more concerned in killing each other. It was either Fire vs Life, Fire vs Death, or Life vs Death, etc. They would aggro on each other way far away from the actual onslaught hub, leaving the players standing around wondering WTF.

So we'd run out and try to break up their squabbles and make the mobs attack the humans, but for the most part they would refuse. They'd just stand there derping until one side was killed off. As soon as one faction was killed off, the other faction would get "unstuck" and then move into the actual onslaught area as they should have done five minutes prior! But usually by this time, some other invasion mob would come along and snag it all up yet again.

This happened over and over again. Our raid group was spread out in three different directions trying to just pull in these mobs and make them attack the people rather than the other mobs. Because of all the cross-faction mob-on-mob fighting, the onslaught devolved into a clunky chaotic mess. It was more of a chore than it was fun.

So, TRION... PLEASE... for onslaughts, please FIX so that the mobs don't hate each other and that they don't even notice each other. Make it so that they do what they are supposed to do... ONSLAUGHT! MAKE THEM FIGHT THE PLAYERS AND NOT THE OTHER MOBS!!!

(Seriously, I am aware that invasion mobs and normal mobs have always fought each other since the very first Chocolate Rift betas. And mobs from different factions have always done this. But this is a particular game mechanic. It's expected and anticipated that the mobs are going to make their way into the Onslaught hub where the players can encounter them. But as it is implemented now, it's just somewhat broken because of this "feature".)

Plane Touched

This would make no sense since the planes are at war with each other as well as the ascended. The only alliance that was actually formed was between Earth and Fire (Maelforge and Laethys), and then they didn't attack each other during the invasions and onslaughts (on Ember Isle at least).

In addition, the various mobs from alternate planes have fought with each other (and non planar mobs) ever since the game released.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Soulwalker

Suppose it would make more sense if invasions from different planes didn't spawn at the same time and from the same direction for these onslaughts rather than making them ignore each other.

Most onslaught points already seem to favor a specific plane though but guess not all of them do...

I would say leave them as is. due to the fact that they are still trying to be the plane of existance in control of the onslaught. Helping out guildies grind on these I haven't seen any problem with this. yeah a few fighting each other but you still have an overwealing influw of them coming in at times as it is. Thank goodness some give you 2min breaks here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    In addition, the various mobs from alternate planes have fought with each other (and non planar mobs) ever since the game released.
    You didn't read my last paragraph

They made Guardians and Defiants fight side by side, so why not the different planes as well?

Rift Disciple

Put out more threat and deeps - I've had zero issues corralling multiple invasion groups solo, if you're entire raid can't do it....

Okay that was a bit factious, but the point is valid. I've never had issues pulling big groups together, unless they are so spread out that they will de-aggro while you're getting the other group.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroMGA View Post
    Put out more threat and deeps - I've had zero issues corralling multiple invasion groups solo, if you're entire raid can't do it....

Okay that was a bit factious, but the point is valid. I've never had issues pulling big groups together, unless they are so spread out that they will de-aggro while you're getting the other group.
    I think the point is when they start fighting each other instead of going to the onslaught. Some times they do that quite far away from the onslaught and it can be pretty annoying.

It is not uncommon for 2 enemy factions to join forces against a even greater enemy. I would guess the Ascendants are the plane's focus as main target and secondary against each other, Trion could use this for certain activities such as Onslaught so the planes join forces and team up rather than just blindly fight a 3+ faction war.

Same way as Guardians and Defiants are united against the planes, even in World of Warcraft lore Horde and Alliance join together to defeat greater enemies. Why our enemies would not do the same against us?

From my point of view the game will get more sense if implementing more AI into the game mechanics rather than let them behave like mindless monsters who attack everything that is not from their faction.

+ Reply to Thread