+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Zone-wide Invasiions

Default Zone-wide Invasiions

This won't be a popular request most likely, but I am putting it out here anyway.

The zone events need to either be turned off completely, made to be more easily solo'ed, or increase the timer between them to days between or something. There's very few people in the low level zones, so if you're in the area as a low level character and an invasion happens, not only is your questing interrupted, if you even want to do the event, you cant because you're the only person there.

Moonshade just now, the Runebound Tech invasion happened. I was the only person in the zone doing the event, and probably the only person period. The normal mobs of the zone were helping attack the invaders... and I didn't even know where the unbinding light was located until about 12 minutes until failure of the invasion because it's not marked on the world map.

I am fine with the rifts themselves, I can solo them even as an on-level character, its the invasions that need to be removed or something.

How about turning them into "instant-raids" with a lure so that if you have a full party or raid up you can turn it on and do it?
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

Soulwalker

I understand your thought, but it's a persistent world and invasions will happen even if noone is around. Making these instanced goes against the spirit of Rift, IMO. The other day, one of the criteria fo an invasion was close 5 fire rifts...while keeping 4 wardstones up. I was keeping the last wardstone up by myself, but no one ever closed a rift. I was eventually overwhelmed at the stone and it fell, thus we lost the invasion. One of the great things I like about Rift, we as a player group don't always win.

Thats true, but when there is no one around to do the events, then the players/npcs never win.

MY suggestion wasn't to make it an instance, it would still happen out in the world, but it wouldnt just randomly happen like it does now.

IPP is being invaded now, and again everyones making a bee-line for the brevane portal even though the objectives for the event are in the immediate area.

The spirit of Rift is not being kept up when no one fights the rifts/invasions which is the theme of the game.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

The spirit of Rift isn't really in IPP right now.

On that note, I am not sure, beyond achievements, why someone would care too much beyond a shrug about lower level invasions? The currency isn't that useful to any end game.

Or rather - why weren't these threads about earlier for other zones? When 50 was end game weren't the even lower level zone invasions weak/inactive? End game is end game, it's where the game moves to. That is the other challenge for an MMO as it goes on. Keeping old zones relevant. Eq2 used contested avatars and mythical quests
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-21-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMaiden View Post
    This won't be a popular request most likely, but I am putting it out here anyway.

The zone events need to either be turned off completely, made to be more easily solo'ed, or increase the timer between them to days between or something. There's very few people in the low level zones, so if you're in the area as a low level character and an invasion happens, not only is your questing interrupted, if you even want to do the event, you cant because you're the only person there.

Moonshade just now, the Runebound Tech invasion happened. I was the only person in the zone doing the event, and probably the only person period. The normal mobs of the zone were helping attack the invaders... and I didn't even know where the unbinding light was located until about 12 minutes until failure of the invasion because it's not marked on the world map.

I am fine with the rifts themselves, I can solo them even as an on-level character, its the invasions that need to be removed or something.

How about turning them into "instant-raids" with a lure so that if you have a full party or raid up you can turn it on and do it?
    No.

IN fact the zone events aren't occuring near enough. I did 8 hours of SL last night and in the first 3 SL zones in that entire time there was not one invasion. They need to crank up the occurance rate. The only reason people aren't doing the ones in Mathosia right now is cause they are leveling. They also need to make it so that you get Empyreal/Infinity Stones for mentoring down, but since most people aren't 60 yet, that won't happen for a bit. No use changing the stuff when in a few weeks it will need to be changed back.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Since pre-50 content is all but abandoned (I tried to help out an invasion in Shimmersand recently, and found out I was the only one actually doing anything), it would make a lot of sense for Trion to at least "re-tune" and tone down the invasions at the very least. However, I'm pretty sure Trion has abandoned any thought of the pre-SL zones, so this probably won't happen.

Re-tuning or removing them as they are now (since almost no one actually does them pre-50 anymore since you can't win with 1 or 2 people) and replacing them with increased spawn rate of Footholds would be better for new players. Alts know enough not to bother, because the currency is useless and your time is better spent leveling to get to Brevane and Dusken, where onslaughts rewards 1,000s of planarite and a few ESS. A new player coming across these unstoppable invasions with no one to help fight has to suck the fun right out of the game.
    Last edited by Phelim on the Moor; 11-21-2012 at 09:08 PM.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

On that note, I am not sure, beyond achievements, why someone would care too much beyond a shrug about lower level invasions? The currency isn't that useful to any end game.

Or rather - why weren't these threads about earlier for other zones? When 50 was end game weren't the even lower level zone invasions weak/inactive? End game is end game, it's where the game moves to. That is the other challenge for an MMO as it goes on. Keeping old zones relevant. Eq2 used contested avatars and mythical quests
    With mentoring, everything is endgame.
    "Sound dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunderstorm; and these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

I'm currently leveling a new character and I have to say the low level invasions are not at all fun for one simple reason: there's simply not ever enough people in the zone to have any chance of succeeding.

That being said, I would absolutely not want to see the pre-SL invasions removed. I wouldn't mind them being toned down so that they were doable with a small group (or even solo if Trion wanted to go that route, though that would require a major rework of some of them and I'm not sure that is all that great an idea to be honest).

Quote Originally Posted by Starless Knight View Post
    I'm currently leveling a new character and I have to say the low level invasions are not at all fun for one simple reason: there's simply not ever enough people in the zone to have any chance of succeeding.
    This doesn't have to be the case, though, as anybody can level themselves down to participate and gain end game-level rewards.
    "Sound dogs barking at the break of dawn, lightning pushes the edges of a thunderstorm; and these streets, quiet as a sleeping army, send their battered dreams to heaven."

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

Well if you had mentored down to the appropriate level to do these invasions before. say doing Scarwood you would still get your Inscribed Sourcestones if you character max was 50. though if you did it as 50 you would get the scarwood level stone. hopefully they have scaled this up to inclue the new ISS or Infinity Sourcstone.

As it is right now no one is testing this out due to most of the players are scrambling thier way to 60. My I have 2 and a half levels to go now.
    Last edited by Kraelith; 11-21-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arwydd View Post
    This doesn't have to be the case, though, as anybody can level themselves down to participate and gain end game-level rewards.
    Interesting. I didn't realize people got endgame stuff when mentoring. I only played briefly at launch and recently came back, so there's a lot I don't yet know about the game.
    Is there a worldwide channel that can be used to put out the call? If so I'll start trying to do just that.
    Last edited by Starless Knight; 11-21-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Rift Disciple

Just seriously no.. no.. no.. I hate other MMOs cause there isnt any reason to be out in the world. I just did a Moonshade event the other day, was only 5 of us but we did the boss, had the luck of it running straight into the middle of the town, so that helped.

Though before the expansion I used to love going back to doing the events I missed, some of them were easy enough.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Arwydd View Post
    With mentoring, everything is endgame.
    If they fix the scaling of it.

If i mentor down to 52 i lose so much its horrible. I had about 2100 spell power at 50, if i mentor to 52 i have around 1500. I'll pass on self imposed nerfs ty.

I would never like it if zone events were to be removed from the low lvl zones since rifts and invasions is one of the main aspects of rift. Making the zone events come with a type of 'lure' is certainly a no-no.

However, I would not mind if the rescaling of the zone events in those low lvl zones are done. Maybe scale the difficulty and hp of the invasion mobs with the number of players in that zone currently? The number of players in zones other than Freemarch and Silverwood is indeed very low due to IA lvling in these two zones, and with SL continents, the number is certainly a handful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    If they fix the scaling of it.

If i mentor down to 52 i lose so much its horrible. I had about 2100 spell power at 50, if i mentor to 52 i have around 1500. I'll pass on self imposed nerfs ty.
    I mentored from 56 to 50 so that I could go back and check the zones IA out and it completely gimped my dps to the point it was very hard to solo mobs so I guess there are issues with the mentor system since the xpac. I was doing 800 dps when mentored while before I was doing 3k+ as a 50.

About the zone events remember you have abilities like Holy Champion that reduce damage you take and increase the damage you do by a massive amount to planes creatures.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast