+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sariina

Thread: Carnage achievement checklists

Default Carnage achievement checklists

please add some checklists to the carnage achievements, its so annoying having only 1-2 left and no idea where to find them or what to look for, seratos is a nice example, huge zone, been roaming around for hours and havent found the last 2 type of mobs i have to kill to get the achievement, its really annoying and quite frankly, it makes me want to give up on carnage quests as a whole

Yes, please implement this! The sooner the better, if possible.

I've run into this problem myself, where I'm missing just a few in a particular zone and have no idea and no way to figure out which mobs I need or where they are. It's really, really frustrating.
    My RIFT Screenshots & Map Guides / RIFT-Watchers deviantART Group
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "You don't know what we can see,
    Why don't you tell your dreams to me,
    Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

I support this idea!

Plane Walker

The general location of mobs required for a carnage quest is indicated by a red dot on the area map.
    Admittedly it is only a guide, as the mobs can be quite a distance from the marker, but unless someone has just culled the population, you'll find the mobs needed where indicated.

Plane Walker

Default edit timeout

Interesting request considering the number of posts I've seen demanding the removal of carnage quests.
    Is there an achievment for completing all carnage quests in a zone?
    If there is, would it work?
    If it didn't work, would it be fixed?

Yeah, I've seen a lot of hate for the Carnage quests, but I personally like them and don't want to miss out on any. They're a really easy way to get Empyreal Sourcestones (to buy Empyreal gear).

You get an Achievement when you complete all the Carnage quests in a particular zone. Unfortunately, unlike other achievements, there is no checklist. You can see your progress (eg., 8/15) but there's no information to let you know which ones you've completed or which ones you're missing.

The red sun icon on the map is great... once you actually kill a mob that triggers the quest. But if you've missed certain mobs in a zone, there's no way to figure out what you're missing, where they are, etc..
    My RIFT Screenshots & Map Guides / RIFT-Watchers deviantART Group
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "You don't know what we can see,
    Why don't you tell your dreams to me,
    Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

Ascendant

I'd like to see an NPC in the main hub of each zone that if you talk to he picks one of the conquests you haven't completed in the zone and says something random about them like "I heard the MOB_NAME killed three villagers from SOMETHING_NEAR_MOB_AREA" so that you could go right click on them and get a hint for the ones you are missing.

nvm 10char
    Last edited by Moloch; 11-23-2012 at 05:31 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Seratos

If you miss something in Seratos it's probably those necrotic mobs at the lake in the northern part of the pus swamp, doubt many find them without thoroughly searching the zone first. Seratos was also very strict with both carnage and normal quests, you really couldn't miss any to get the achievements

I actually think carnage quests are nice (although they've caused me to be quite overleveled after completing four zones) but a checklist for the achievements wouldn't hurt... I guess.

+ Reply to Thread