+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flying Mounts that don't hurt or trivialize gameplay

Default Flying Mounts that don't hurt or trivialize gameplay

This idea was originally posted in another thread in the General discussion, but I liked it so much that I wanted to give it its own thread here in Suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis1 View Post
    Flying mounts would be awesome to see the new continents with, they are big enough imo.
    but as people are saying, it would trivialise some content.
    My idea would be to put in a little flight trainer/launch pad thing in each zone, you can get on and explore as much as you want but to get off you have to return to the place you got the flying mount from. make it a notoriety thing for whatever faction is in the zone.
    2c
    And these were some of my suggestions expanding on this idea:

Quote Originally Posted by Neyjour View Post
    What a brilliant idea! I want flying mounts badly, but understand (and agree with) the reasons why they would hurt and/or trivialize gameplay.

This is an excellent solution IMO. And I love the idea of making it a notoriety thing as well, where you would have to work on the various factions in order to be able to fly over each zone. So not just a freebie for everyone, but a special reward for those who have put in the time and effort to level their notoriety.

You could also have a special "dismount" button appear when you take off, that could instantly teleport you back to your take-off origin. Just an optional release method in case you get lost (can't find your way back to the pad), or need to get back back to the ground quickly (for whatever reason) and don't want to waste time flying back to the pad.

Some kind of fee would also be another idea, in addition to the notoriety. Some plat or planerite. Or even better, give us special tickets we would have to purchase (again, with either plat or planerite), and additionally, a chance for those tickets to drop off mobs (or something similar). There could even be different types of flying mounts to choose from at each take-off station, with a different fee for each one. Standard/slower types as the cheapest, and the fancy/fast ones as the most expensive.

There could also be several waystations around each zone (in elevated spots around the zone perimeter, or even floating areas/islands inside the zone) where you could land, walk around (on your mount) and meet up with friends/guildies, take a breather, etc., but not actually be able to dismount in those areas.

Thoughts?
    My RIFT Screenshots & Map Guides / RIFT-Watchers deviantART Group
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "You don't know what we can see,
    Why don't you tell your dreams to me,
    Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

Rift Chaser

Even the Devs at WoW regretted added flying mounts, pure and simply because it makes half their content wasted since u fly over it all.

Huh? Did you even read/understand this post, or did you accidentally reply to the wrong "flying mounts" thread?
    My RIFT Screenshots & Map Guides / RIFT-Watchers deviantART Group
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "You don't know what we can see,
    Why don't you tell your dreams to me,
    Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

+ Reply to Thread