+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Increase levelling xp by 15%

  1. #1
    General of Telara WockyCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    936

    Default Increase levelling xp by 15%

    Hi,

    This may need to be urgently addressed. Increase XP by 15% from 50 to 60 or put more quests in the later zones.

    I have been doing a level per zone by following story quests, doing the odd Warfront, but now at 54 I am told that there is a brutal drop-off in quests in the last two levels. Seems like people are really complaining about this, people that are Rift die-hard fans.

    I'm not expecting a hand-out here. I have 3 x level 50's. I am not afraid of leveling. I am, however, not happy when I have to mindlessly grind without quests.

    I'm not going to be happy if I have to grind mobs for the last two levels. That's not fun. It's okay if there are quests, but if the xp isn't enough, I'm going to be really pissed off.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ur-level/page5
    Last edited by WockyCC; 11-21-2012 at 08:13 AM.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southeastern US
    Posts
    257

    Default

    I agree with the problem (leveling is a slow and boring mob grind). Another solution might be to lower the amount of mobs needed to complete carnage quests. 15-20 is far too many to remain interesting and keep things moving.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    32

    Default

    They will drop faster then flies if they don't fix the huge grind fest for the last few levels. I see the writing on the wall already hopefully Trion will too.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Florz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    177

    Default

    This seems to be the only one big main issue in Storm Legion (for new/returning and current players) and like I already said in another topic:
    "Sometimes its just sad to see new/returning and current players leaving just because of the leveling, while Rift has so much cool end game stuff to be proud of."

    But i'm sure that if Trion see that it's a big problem, they will do something about it.
    Icewatch: Florisve
    Guild: Exile
    TwitchTV: MrFlorisve

  5. #5
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    I am confused. I hit 60 in ~6 - 7 days. Killed two of those entire days till late at night with friends. Did mostly quests and some WFs, very very little onslaughts/rifts. I dinged 60 with 3 unexplored zones and still a boatload of quests in my current zone. Did not use any XP pots the whole time.

    What are you guys doing differently?

    edit: *three* unexplored zones guys.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-21-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I am confused. I hit 60 in ~6 - 7 days. Killed two of those entire days till late at night with friends. Did mostly quests and some WFs, very very little onslaughts/rifts. I dinged 60 with 3 unexplored zones and still a boatload of quests in my current zone. Did not use any XP pots the whole time.

    What are you guys doing differently?
    this...

    it takes 48-60 hrs played time to level to 60. I did it in 2 days. Normal people at about 3 hours a day, it would take 16-20 days... 2-3 weeks (ish). Thats not bad. If your not leveling relatively fast, then you are doing something wrong.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    also to add my 2 cents, I think 48 hrs is good. It lets the hardcore get there fast while the casual can lag behind as long as they want. Please Trion, stay true to your morals!

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    268

    Default

    I think the big issues is you're told "pick one of these 2 continents to start the new expansion!" and when you get there it has a huge story quest chain going from the moment you arrive, all the way to the last zone. If you just stick to one of the 2 continents, you will run out of quests, probably around 58-59 or so.

    What you need to do to avoid this, is do the story line (you don't have to 100% clear every zone) from both continents, and then you should make it just fine.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser Valliac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    376

    Default

    No.

    /10char
    Last edited by Valliac; 11-21-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    Valliac - Eth - Rogue
    Brongor - Dwarf - Warrior
    Sevisa - Kelari - Cleric

  10. #10
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryomorph View Post
    Hi,

    This may need to be urgently addressed. Increase XP by 15% from 50 to 60 or put more quests in the later zones.

    I have been doing a level per zone by following story quests, doing the odd Warfront, but now at 54 I am told that there is a brutal drop-off in quests in the last two levels. Seems like people are really complaining about this, people that are Rift die-hard fans.

    I'm not expecting a hand-out here. I have 3 x level 50's. I am not afraid of leveling. I am, however, not happy when I have to mindlessly grind without quests.

    I'm not going to be happy if I have to grind mobs for the last two levels. That's not fun. It's okay if there are quests, but if the xp isn't enough, I'm going to be really pissed off.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ur-level/page5
    It needs to be urgently addressed? Are you kidding me? A tad dramatic imo.

    Who is complaining? I want names. Is it the same people, that complain about every single thing, that takes any effort at all?

    So you don't want to play the game to level? Playing the game is grinding now?

    You must of missed a lot of content to only get a level a zone. One of my toons has just hit 55 and only just completely finished the first two starter zones.

    Patience. You don't have it.


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  11. #11
    General of Telara WockyCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kedolan View Post
    I think the big issues is you're told "pick one of these 2 continents to start the new expansion!" and when you get there it has a huge story quest chain going from the moment you arrive, all the way to the last zone. If you just stick to one of the 2 continents, you will run out of quests, probably around 58-59 or so.

    What you need to do to avoid this, is do the story line (you don't have to 100% clear every zone) from both continents, and then you should make it just fine.
    Yeah, well that's what I thought and been doing - I've been swapping continents as I level. I can't play till the weekend again and am 54, but I've been doing a level per zone doing the story quests, but when I said this on the mmo forums, the general consensus is a lack of quests in the last two zones - and hence, I would have to grind those last two levels - this is not fun, in my opinion. My mission is not to get to 60 just by grinding, it is to enjoy the story along the way.

    To the guy who said "patience you don't have it", I say "understanding of English, you don't have it" - I said "may" need to be addressed. This is a suggestion forum. I was suggesting they just ensure there is enough quests so you don't "just" have to grind without a purpose.

    That, and Trion is trying to entice new players - if the grind appears too steep, it will drive new players away - which I would hate.

    Sheez.
    Last edited by WockyCC; 11-21-2012 at 09:46 PM.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryomorph View Post
    Yeah, well that's what I thought and been doing - I've been swapping continents as I level. I can't play till the weekend again and am 54, but I've been doing a level per zone doing the story quests, but when I said this on the mmo forums, the general consensus is a lack of quests in the last two zones - and hence, I would have to grind those last two levels - this is not fun, in my opinion. My mission is not to get to 60 just by grinding, it is to enjoy the story along the way.

    To the guy who said "patience you don't have it", I say "understanding of English, you don't have it" - I said "may" need to be addressed. This is a suggestion forum. I was suggesting they just ensure there is enough quests so you don't "just" have to grind without a purpose.

    That, and Trion is trying to entice new players - if the grind appears too steep, it will drive new players away - which I would hate.

    Sheez.
    Can you not read? I think I'll make a whiney thread now because there is too many quests.

    I have quests that are green, did you read that? That means I've out leveled them. Have you completed ALL the quests in the first two zones for starters and in City Core? Have you? I have.
    I can answer that for you though, you haven't, if you're only get one level per zone.


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Ronin12312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    146

    Default No.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valliac View Post
    No.

    /10char
    ^ this. put the nerf bat down and play the game.

    Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by Ronin12312; 11-23-2012 at 06:29 AM.

  14. #14
    General of Telara WockyCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Can you not read? I think I'll make a whiney thread now because there is too many quests.

    I have quests that are green, did you read that? That means I've out leveled them. Have you completed ALL the quests in the first two zones for starters and in City Core? Have you? I have.
    I can answer that for you though, you haven't, if you're only get one level per zone.
    Firstly, I don't doubt you probably did every Carnage Quest.

    Carnage Quests are dull, uninteresting and damn lazy on Trion's part. Pathetic, actually if they honestly see this as leveling "content". It's a gate. That is all.

    Granted, it's a nice reward for people that want to mindlessly grind in groups. I currently log on at odd hours and haven't been able to hook up with a mate as we're in different zones.

    You're obviously a person who struggles to comprehend things, so I'll say it again, a few times:

    I am doing ALL the story quests. I have done all the story quests.

    I've back-tracked and swapped between continents to check if I've missed any. Get it? GET IT???
    There are not enough "story" quests.

    To all the posters saying "No /10 chars" - Wow, you're so L33T. Mommy must be proud.

    I sincerely have the best interests of the game at heart and it is quite a "wall" when hitting 50 for new players. I would like Trion to consider this and perhaps tweak it a bit. Nothing game-changing, not asking to change end-game, just to make the leveling process more welcoming to new players - and hence increase the Rift Community.
    Last edited by WockyCC; 11-23-2012 at 08:31 AM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Redius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryomorph View Post
    I am doing ALL the story quests. I have done all the story quests.

    I've back-tracked and swapped between continents to check if I've missed any. Get it? GET IT???
    There are not enough "story" quests.
    So do the rest of the content provided to level up. It's there for a reason.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

    THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts