+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Account/Items/Platinum Legal Selling System

Default Account/Items/Platinum Legal Selling System

Greetings everyone,

As the title says the following suggestion is to implement a legal system (moderated by Trion ofc.) which will allow any player to sell B.O.E items, platinum currency, even the whole account. I do expect many people to disagree on this, however I've been running this in my head over and over from many points of view and came to the conclusion that a system like this would have more benefits than downsides for both Trion and the players.

Downsides:
    -- probably will create a bit of inconvenience(or jealousy) for those with less money who can't afford to pay money for items or already whole made accounts by other players. But this already happens due to special mounts on shop and account upgrades which give extra (quite amazing I may say) rewards that are not available within the game other than paying real money so I would guess this step shouldn't be such a negative impact on players, by the contrary it should offer them more options.
    -- the next downside I can think of would be the fact that some players might play the game only for earning real money and not actually care for the game. However on the bigger scale will not be to many simply because I don't see an 'explosion' of people that would want to pay a lot of money for already made accounts, in other words people can't rely on making this activity a real 'job' because there wouldn't be to many customers that would buy an account instead of playing the game by himself.
    -- the third one would be the extra work from Trion devs to implement a system like this. Also (not sure how the law things work for game companies) I assume there would be some sort of taxes you would have to pay from each sell a player does. But in the end this whole process will worth it, the game company has only to win and nothing much to lose, just put a certain % from each transaction which would be the taxes the company has to pay + something extra for yourself(Trion).

Benefits:
    -- first of all this is a new way you can earn extra money for the game company.
    -- old players which decides to leave the game for whatever the reason it may have can gain something from it in case he/she can find a buyer for his account.
    -- the current players can sell some items they don't need or sell platinum if they have to much. They will earn money from gaming and so will Trion.
    -- will encourage the gamers to join Rift because even if they won't like the game they can earn real money from it and in the end if they want to leave they can try to sell their account and get something from all this. This form of gaming won't be only for plasure and in the end a total waste of time.... Specially on this global economic crisis.
    -- will prevent the black market and the risk a player must take when considering buying someone's account or buying platinum/items etc. When Trion could provide a legal and 100% safe system.

Overall both sides (players and Trion) will benefit from this, if implemented.

How can this be done?
    Well, I am sure that Trion doesn't lack capable members to design a system of this kind, however I will point out few things I have in mind:
    -- For account sale there should be minimum requirements and a price to start with for account.
    You can design a system to sum everything up (items, char lvls, achievements etc) and make a standard price to start with that the owner can't go lower (so will prevent cases in which a person wants to quit and he wants to sell his account with 4 characters maximum level for 10 USD just for the sake of earning something).
    Also the only accounts allowed to be sold should have at least one character maximum level (preventing cases when a player gets to lvl 30, gets bored and wants to sell his account without even knowing the content of end-game lvl which could be the difference from him deciding to leave or keep playing because he likes what he sees at max lvl).
    Once the owner of an account decides to register his account for selling the items (that count for the price) should be locked out and not allow destruction, characters as well.
    Don't count all the items the player has in account (such as profession mats, gray items or armor/items way under level of his character). Count only what is important, as for currency he can chose to add it to price or not, if he chose to add it then the currency will be locked and he won't be able to use it after registering his account for sale.
    Other details about this process I can't think of atm. but as I said above I'm sure Trion will know how to do it.
    -- For items/currency sale, here as well should be minimum requirements and a standard price that player can't go under. For example allow only rare and epic B.O.E items to be sold. For platinum make stocks of let's say minimum 100 plat.

For each cases (account/items/plat) the player can chose to sell his stuff at a price bigger than the one recommended(and minimum) by Trion would be at his own risk of not finding any buyers. Put a special warning attached to the stuff the player wants to sell above the recommended standard price so the customer will know and look twice before making the decision.

For identical items (that follows the recommended price) always sell the first one that placed his item for sale, then the next and so on. This way it is fair so I won't buy the item of my friend because he promised me a free boost if I buy his item. Show the name of the owner of that item so no one will think that Trion secretly sells items, just that they can't chose from who to buy. Same goes for Platinum stacks.

For identical items (that DOESN'T follow the recommended price) don't interfere, they make the price more spiced at their own risk and leave everything like in AH. People can chose which one's item/Plat stack they buy. No one will buy something more expensive unless it's not available cheaper (on the standard price section). Make it so if they want a special price and not the standard, to boost the price at least with 30% from the standard so will prevent cases where a player puts his item one cent more expensive than standard and then goes in-game and spam the chat "50 plat free for who ever buys my item from shop (only 1 cent over std.) !!!".

Once the player puts his item/plat stack for sale he will no longer be able to use that item or money until canceled or sold.

Once an account is sold, flag all the characters for rename, delete any friend list and kick them from any guilds. Don't allow an account to be registered for sale that is the leader of a guild. People join a guild for his leader and if he is replaced should be done by him before he flags his account for sale.

Please forgive me for any possible grammar/spelling mistakes (my excuse is that I am not speaking this language as my primary), as well if you see this suggestion differently than I do. I am only pointing out my personal opinion, in the end you can chose it or just ignore it.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Cyrus Storm; 11-20-2012 at 03:54 AM.

Sorry for posting in the wrong section, Please move it to Suggestions.
    Thanks.

More downsides.

Bring in more players that don't know thier classes for dungeons so make PUGing people a bigger nightmare.

Add more inflation prices to the economy cause of those players that buy will not care how much they spend on game currency.

Bring more and more bots out to the end areas for those trying to make real money turn ins.

Champion of Telara

This would be the start of the slippery slope towards a pay 2 win philosophy. It would also massively increase the number of hacking / phishing attempts targetting rift.

This would be pretty much guaranteed to alienate half the current rift playerbase. If i want to pay to win i'll do it on a F2P game, not in a sub based one. You say they have nothing to lose? how about their playerbase walking away in disgust?

edit: and yeah... soooo many more bots
    Last edited by Pett; 11-20-2012 at 04:09 AM.

Downside:- Game flooded with bots.

Not just your typical droughtlands butcher bot... much more advanced, many more of them.

I see your points of view (for those who replied) and indeed you are right. However with this thing perhaps Trion will enforce anti-hack and anti-bot systems and permanently ban those who even try to use such things.

As for 'pay to win' part well if you are used with WoW private fun servers where the person that donates the most is the strongest regardless of his real skill of playing the game here won't be the case, simply because the best gear available in-game it's always B.O.P and a player can't sell it (unless he sells all of his account).

In the case of the whole account being sold regardless of gear level, even if it is end-game will mean nothing if the player is a noob and has no idea how to play his class, or if he can't learn the tactics of a simple dungeon. And the gear(along with the content) will always evolve because Trion will need to constantly bring in new things to keep the players interested. So if I buy an account with legendary items I will have my fun for a while(if I know how play the game and I'm not a noob) but with the new patches I will still have to work on my own to get those new items. As for lvling a char, this doesn't prove any real skill, every noob can spam IA's and eventually get to the end of it.

Also from my point of view gear means nothing if you don't know how to play the game. When I look at a player in Expert gear it doesn't tell me his real skill, it tells me that he had a lot of time on his hands to spam the queues in which he might have gotten kicked if he was to incompetent but join another queue where the team was to good to consider kicking the poor noob and take him with them regardless. As for PvP gear players literally farm Warfronts and eventually everyone gets decent gear regardless of skill.

Unlike WoW, where you have few choices in talents and spells, Rift has a lot of choices and unless you know what you're doing you cannot be good even if you have good gear. But then again there are people that look at people in top gear thinking "omg this guy is a pro" not considering that his gear could be earned in many ways: 1 - he is indeed a pro, 2 - he could have spammed all the queues because he had a lot of free time.

I guess Trion knows the best what risks this option will involve and if they decide to do it I am sure it will be implemented in a way to not cause to much inconvenience among the players. As you pointed out your 'fears' I am sure they wouldn't want their games to go on that road.

It seems that I cannot edit my post after 5 minutes and I would like to add one more thing:

Unlike on private server (speaking of WoW) where you can make your own custom item and put 1000 EU in your weapon damage and begome an in-game 'god', here you won't be able do that because there will always be limits that you cannot pass no matter how much money you have. The advantage you can buy with real money from another player can also be earned by any other player through hard work.

I do not think Trion is hurting for money to the point where they need consider Russian Roulette with Rift.

No. Keep real life money out of my gaming experience. I bought the game, I payed the sub, no need to have people farming accounts to sell. The last thing we need are people with full time jobs as account sellers.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

You're right about the fact that the last thing we need is to get people to farm accounts to sell but perhaps there is a way to prevent that...

How about a person will be allowed to sell only one account in his life-time, he can make other accounts after but he will be no longer allowed to sell them.

This can be done by making some extra rules that will validate the account for sale, for example:
    -- the owner of that account will have to provide a valid ID Card, valid Birth Certificate and documents that prove his location where he lives.
    -- after he provides all those documents he will have to wait for his account to be validated for sale by the Trion.
    -- Trion will have to check if that person didn't sold an another account based on those documents which will identify him as an unique person.
    -- they can even restrict the selling allowance at one account for each familly so we can't make accounts on every single member of our familly just for selling.

Ofc. people will always find a way to cheat, taking risks and so on but at least those will be only few. Even now probably a lot more are taking risks on black market...

Last edited by BehemothDog; 11-20-2012 at 04:51 PM.

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Storm View Post
    You're right about the fact that the last thing we need is to get people to farm accounts to sell but perhaps there is a way to prevent that...

How about a person will be allowed to sell only one account in his life-time, he can make other accounts after but he will be no longer allowed to sell them.

This can be done by making some extra rules that will validate the account for sale, for example:
    -- the owner of that account will have to provide a valid ID Card, valid Birth Certificate and documents that prove his location where he lives.
    -- after he provides all those documents he will have to wait for his account to be validated for sale by the Trion.
    -- Trion will have to check if that person didn't sold an another account based on those documents which will identify him as an unique person.
    -- they can even restrict the selling allowance at one account for each familly so we can't make accounts on every single member of our familly just for selling.

Ofc. people will always find a way to cheat, taking risks and so on but at least those will be only few. Even now probably a lot more are taking risks on black market...
    We can't even get people to show ID when they vote for the President of the United Sates, how could we get them to show ID for a videogame?
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    We can't even get people to show ID when they vote for the President of the United Sates, how could we get them to show ID for a videogame?
    Are you telling me that USA President was chosen by people who won't show their ID's to those responsible for a person to not be allowed to vote multiple times? I hardly doubt it but if what you say is true then USA has serious issues....

Anyway it's not about 'making' the people show their IDs, they will do it willingly if they want to be allowed to sell their account because it is in their interest to do so. They would have to provide that info to Trion which will keep it confidential.

For those who reply to a suggestion thread with only 2 words perhaps you would want to point out more reasons why something would work or why it wouldn't and not with replies like 'no thanks' 'yes please' or something else equally useless. Those comments mean nothing unless you have a point of view to share with us not just your personal 'hidden' wish related to something. This isn't a poll for people to vote yes or no, it's a place where new ideas are born (good or bad) and debated in a civilized manner. Thanks.

We don't own any of the property we use to play Rift, why would they endorse us earning personal profit of their property? I mean legally, we don't own our toons and such. We own accounts that give us access to play with Trions property they generously give us almost free control of (the almost get's cut off with selling). This would be like leasing an apartment and allowing the people who you lease it to, to sell the pictures and furniture you decorated the place with, for their profits.

Doesn't make sense.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast