+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Silence the Whispers quest - adjust it

Default Silence the Whispers quest - adjust it

I'm doing this quest on multiple alts, ranging from lvl 20 - mid 40's. I gotta say the respawn time on the 'agents' is pretty bad. I would really like to see this upped, because it takes about 20 min per char to actually find them, and there aren't reallly that many other players in the area at any given point in time.

I think this is a necessary quest in the line, but it is a PITA.

I don't know if anyone tried this when Mentoring down...

Plus make a public raid for players around spawns...
    Last edited by Beanster; 10-31-2012 at 07:34 PM.

20min isn't much. o_O
    No, seriously, I was talking on Skype while doing the quest and I felt it was finished so fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Beanster View Post
    I don't know if anyone tried this when Mentoring down...
    Tried mentoring down.....took my defiant all the way down to 10 and when I killed the spy I didn't get credit. Been running around for quite some time this morning (more than 20 minutes) and still have only gotten 1.

Prophet of Telara

Mentoring down doesn't seem to give credit

That said, the respawn timers don't seem to have any rhyme or reason to them. I've waited 10-15 minutes on one at Exile's Den on a 50, then on a 20 in Granite Falls one of them repopped in under a minute and the rest of them respawned fast enough such that I was able to get all 5 in one sweep of the area.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

It's weird, the respawn times. They'll pop a few times rather quickly, then not be there for a looong time. I don't get that.

I am bopping back and forth between Lantern Hook and Three Springs for a few. It's crazy.

My personal opinion on quest design for this would have several agents spread out through various posts, not just the major ones. Maybe one NPC per area, and only allow the player to tag em once. Make em unique NPCs just for the event.

I don't know - but I've wasted so much time (over an hour last night for one char), that it is not fun. It's not an achieve, it isn't a stretch of playing ability, nor an exercise in clever thinking about Telara.

This is the dud of the quests for the event so far (IMO). Quest concept, good. Implementation, mighty bad.
    Last edited by Diarch; 11-01-2012 at 07:27 AM.

Ive spent over 30 mins and only have 1, i hate this quest!

How did they not at least tweak this in today's hot fix? C'mon, it's a major waste of playing time that isn't even close to fun, as it currently stands.

This is lost because some moderator put it over here in Suggestions, so it gets low traffic.

GRACIAS!

Its nearly allways the same with Rift and a event they always have to have one with a long respawn.

I started this this morning very early on my first char got 2 within 10 seconds of each other. I then waited ages so did it with 2 other chars, 1 got one asp then nothing and the 3rd char not even one. This is round 6 am. 5 hours later nothing re spawned for any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisson View Post
    20min isn't much. o_O
    No, seriously, I was talking on Skype while doing the quest and I felt it was finished so fast!
    Not being sarcastic at you but is this how Trion expect you to play the game, kill an spy go off and do something different whilst a long re-spawn takes place. When I play Rift I want to be playing Rift not having to do something else because of the appalling re-spawn rates.
    Also I still not had my re-spawns yet 8 hours on and Ive moved on to other areas.

I just wish they re-spawn's as quick as the post are locked down after posting, whats that all about 5minutes and you cant edit your post if you spot you have made a spelling or grammar error.
    Last edited by Barry Allen; 11-03-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Its seems totally broke and impossible to do if your round 30+
    Ive been camping Crimson Wash and Camp Cestus and since yesterday morning just had 1 re-spawn, and I'm sure the guy I killed at Camp Cestus re-spawned but had no aura and on trying the reveling icon nothing happened.

I have a level 40 char who found quick re-spawns in the two bases in IPP and a lv 20 in Gloamwood which seemed almost instant albeit could be in different areas of the town.

Telaran

This is extra bugged, because if you use a pet, the default location of the pet bar is on TOP of the "Treachery Revealed" icon, to the point that you can't even click it.

Trion's quality has really gone down hill lately.

48+hours on and I still no re-spawn in the 2 areas I mentioned.

I found when I took a lv 30 char to the Moonshade spawn point a spy was there, goodness know how many levels above me it was as most of the guards were 37-40 anyway I had a try and was killed very quick. I re-spawned half way across the map passing a lot nearer re-spawn point on the way back to my body. On ressing I had lost the reveling buff and the spy was still there albeit not having an aura or the emblem on his avatar to show he was the spy.

I have reported this bug in game and usually the GM are very good but this they seem to be letting it slide probably thinking the quest will be auto completed at the end of the event. The only thing is we cant pick the next part up to get the chest on autocomplete.

Soulwalker

look for the guys with the blue "aura," in the camps..

Quote Originally Posted by irisb View Post
    look for the guys with the blue "aura," in the camps..
    I think most of us know that but the point I think the above or I at least was making is that they were not re-spawning correctly in the areas mentioned.
    I did them easy with a char 40 in IPP and a 50 in Stillmoor and one lv 20 in Stonefield but the lv 30 I did in Scarlet Gorge I got 4 spawns within minutes of each other then nothing for 3 days.

Anyway the ever helpful GM completed it for me and said it was a known bug they were working on.

Thanks GM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast