+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shaidar Haran

Thread: Dimension Flooding

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Default Dimension Flooding

I would like to flood my dimension, so that I could make an underwater map. So give me a dimensional item, Like a Vertical Measuring Stick, that when activated floods the dimension up to the marker on the Stick.
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Another thing I thought about this weekend was a "dimension void zone" or "dimensional object nullfier". Basically, I wanted to be able to mask off or hide parts of the world or of the objects that I placed. For example, I'm placing a tree next to the barn in the Stonefield tavern dimension, and i see that the tree branches are sticking through the roof and visible from inside the barn. Well, I'm happy with the placement of the tree outside. I just want to mask off and hide the sections of the tree poking through the roof.

A rectangle of nothingness, carefully placed and moved into position could be used to hide these unwanted tree branches. That's just one tiny example. But say you want to cut a new door or window in the side of a building. Again, use a rectangle of nothingness, placed and sized accordingly to cut out your door or window.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigNob View Post
    Another thing I thought about this weekend was a "dimension void zone" or "dimensional object nullfier". Basically, I wanted to be able to mask off or hide parts of the world or of the objects that I placed. For example, I'm placing a tree next to the barn in the Stonefield tavern dimension, and i see that the tree branches are sticking through the roof and visible from inside the barn. Well, I'm happy with the placement of the tree outside. I just want to mask off and hide the sections of the tree poking through the roof.

A rectangle of nothingness, carefully placed and moved into position could be used to hide these unwanted tree branches. That's just one tiny example. But say you want to cut a new door or window in the side of a building. Again, use a rectangle of nothingness, placed and sized accordingly to cut out your door or window.
    Are you trying to give Trion's programmers a heart attack?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    It's oft said, and I do paraphrase, that Trion could mail people $100 each and some would complain on the forums that it should have been more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyn View Post
    Hey folks,
    Just dropping in a reminder to ensure your posts are on topic, civil and constructive.
    Thanks!

Soulwalker

Default To better shape one's dimension...

I agree with the fact that the objects can penetrate each other can get quite annoying, but I don't think it would be wise to make any kinda of shape that is a void. Now....a cropping or a cutting tool would be nice...something like scissors to cut off those pesky extra pieces of Dimensional gold we all scramble to collect in the beta. This idea I can get behind and feel comfortable about.

+ Reply to Thread